Buttons Buttons who has Buttons

iffin, ye need more buttons or another source methinks mary diamond has dealt with said buttons on here before....

just a thought mates

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I'll back up MA d'Dogge...

I've been incredibly pleased with the buttons I've obtained from Townsend. They have a large variety of pewter buttons as well as brass buttons, wood, bone, etc.

Great thing about the pewter buttons... they are FANTASTIC to make cloth covered buttons with! THE best!

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Or you could do what I did.....

I got a chunk of soapstone.....

Cut it in half....

Carved out the parts that didn't look like a button....

Got some Leadfree silver bearing soldier from the Hardware store (it's soooo dang close to lead free pewter, it cost less, cut it with metal shiers to make it into handy small chunks

get an old tablespoon and clamp the handle with some vice grips....

zap the small chunks in the tablespoon with a propane torch untill they melt....

pour it into the soapstone mold....

It cools quick enough, that you just open the mold, and the button falls out....

With a soapstone mold, they will be a little flash, so you clean it up with a file, then drill the hole.....

Mold-2.jpg

This is what they look like fresh outta the mold.......

Thanks Patrick

I'll Have to give it a try, i just bought some from jas town. but i think i might have to try and make my own next time, right now im still working on my sailors jacket that im making out of a wool blanket. hopefully it will come out good, this is my first big project with sewing the last time i sewn i made a haversack that was pretty easy,

thanks

Ol Jack aka Dman