Pirates Magazine's current issue.

This issues cover features Errol Flynn as Captain Blood. There is a feature interview with his daughter Rory. Big thanks to Scarlett for that hook up.

We added a few new colums aswell. One being "Blades of the Brethren". A pirate sword column by me a sword maker of 11 years. I am excited. We have some realllllly nice articles these days and top notch contributers.

pmcoversummer08.jpg

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

The guy at Bungalow Magazine in old town think I be kook for liv'n on he's back door step.....'n I ha'e a subscription!!! B)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

You guys crack me up. Subscribers should get it in no longer the 2 weeks. 10-14 days.

Check the local book stores a little before that. Keep hounding those book stores to order more magazines. We are in many more stores now but I am still not happy with the amount of mags they order. Seems we get 2-6 emails a day saying that they are sold out at their local Barnes and Noble.

thatworks.shop

... sold out at their local Barnes and Noble.

Hell's Bells! I didn't know B&N sold 'em too. My local one never has them, hence my buying at Borders (which is further from home). I know of a store manager needing a long walk down a short plank! file.gif

... sold out at their local Barnes and Noble.

Hell's Bells! I didn't know B&N sold 'em too. My local one never has them, hence my buying at Borders (which is further from home). I know of a store manager needing a long walk down a short plank! file.gif

You know that you all can save yourselves the trips and just subscribe or order the back issues on the website right ?

Also I totally forgot to mention something...

There is a awsome 2 page review on the POTC online game by our very own Bilgemunky. We are happy to have him aboard on this issue once again. Don't know if you cought his last review or not. Well done sir.

thatworks.shop

I'm looking forward to seeing the next issue.. and I look at Barnes and Noble too, sir. "doffs her hat and smiles'

I would like to see an article about garb.. what works and what doesn't, where you can find off the rack stuff that will do in a pinch while you are making your own pirate garb.. and how NOT to look like a Booty Hootie. :lol: tween Plastic Princesses and Booty Hooties, please keep them for halloween!

you might want to see if Cheeky would do an article..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

We have added several new columns to attend to such a need. Not a regular one yet for clothing. It is on the top of our list. You should check out the summer of 2007 back issue. There is a great long article on textiles.

I had hoped to got the forum member that goes by Gentleman of Fortune to do such a column. Love some if his work on his website.

thatworks.shop

Clothing be a rather touchy issue as we've seen on the Pub. Do we REALLY want to touch on that subject?

Granted, giving thumbs up and thumbs down on certain products and sutlers would be great. I've a few whom I recommend, Jas Townsend I have noticed a lot of non-authentic pirates usually forward folks to obtain their items from them.

Looking forward to the magazine. I usually check the local Barnes and Noble. They are getting good at picking up and carryin' the magazine now. And what they get usually goes quickly! Hmmm.... there be pirates in the area. :lol: Ooo.. opportunity! ::: Folding hands over one another with an evil look and evil laugh::::

Anyone doing an article on Port Washington Pirate Fest? Besides, that's how I learned about Port Wash was through a magazine... No Quarter Given. All the more to entice more to come for next year (and hopes of better weather, too).

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I've a few whom I recommend, Jas Townsend I have noticed a lot of non-authentic pirates usually forward folks to obtain their items from them.

I like Flying Canoe Traders in Quebec. Bilgemonkey reviewed some of their wares on his site and pretty much sold me on them. I now have their slops and their vest and they rule. Really heavy-duty material, probably a sort of canvas. Period enough for the likes of me. Although a six week waiting period may deter some peeps.

Although a six week waiting period may deter some peeps.

Six weeks?!!?

Ye mean there be shorter ones??? :huh:

why I wait'd 'bout 12 week 'er bet'er for me frock, 'n at least 6 for me vest, longer e'en for me boots, longer yet e'en for a leather bot'tle. It be go'n on 8 week now for me shoes.....

'n ye say some people can nay wait a simple 6 weeks???!! :rolleyes:

Well I says; 'If any o' them Plastic Princesses and Booty Hooties can nay wait a mere 6 weeks, Then let them go nekkid till it arrives!'

:huh:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I like Flying Canoe Traders in Quebec. Bilgemonkey reviewed some of their wares on his site and pretty much sold me on them. I now have their slops and their vest and they rule. Really heavy-duty material, probably a sort of canvas. Period enough for the likes of me. Although a six week waiting period may deter some peeps.

Eye just got me slops and a short jacket vest ( Wisket ) from Flying Canoe Traders . Yeah it did take awhile to get the goods.. Now I'm gonna take BilgeMunkeys advice and consider the clothing as not finished!

A Destressing I ah go ~

A Destressing I ah go~ Eagh Eagh..

Just gots me some dye to change the color of the vest...should wind up being an interesting endevor....

As fer the Pirate rag..to get back on topic... It has not reached me snail mail box yet...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Three fort nights? Awww.... tis not THAT bad. Could be worse... could wait a bleedin' year! Or ne'er gets it at all! :rolleyes:

Welp... there be plenty t' add to a piratical magazine. There ne'er be any topic that is without it's moment o' glory.

BTW, Matt.... I think ye mentioned somethin' 'bouts a page o' two devoted t' crews, like a classified ad or somethin' likes that?

I know that No Quarter Given touches base on somethin' like this. Doin' something like's that a well?

~Lady B

:huh:

Three fort nights? Awww.... tis not THAT bad. Could be worse... could wait a bleedin' year! Or ne'er gets it at all! :unsure:

Welp... there be plenty t' add to a piratical magazine. There ne'er be any topic that is without it's moment o' glory.

BTW, Matt.... I think ye mentioned somethin' 'bouts a page o' two devoted t' crews, like a classified ad or somethin' likes that?

I know that No Quarter Given touches base on somethin' like this. Doin' something like's that a well?

~Lady B

:lol:

Gosh I would love to do that, but I only ever heard from a few crews and I made them the best of deals and no one took me up on it. Pages cost money and I am willing to do it for the least possible.

Let me know folks. I wanted to do more then a classified. I wanted to give classified prices for full color pictures. If we could get a handfull together we could make it a full page add for the crews of PyracyPub. That would rock.

thatworks.shop

And let's not forget the top flight fiction in that magazine of yours, Matt!  :lol:

How could I foget? We love your stuff.

Thank you, Matt! Honour Bright and I do appreciate it greatly!

Hopefully I'll get to meet you one of these days. I hear there are some pints that need to be taken care of. :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Three fort nights? Awww.... tis not THAT bad. Could be worse... could wait a bleedin' year! Or ne'er gets it at all!  :rolleyes:

~Lady B

;)

Gosh I would love to do that, but I only ever heard from a few crews and I made them the best of deals and no one took me up on it. Pages cost money and I am willing to do it for the least possible.

Let me know folks. I wanted to do more then a classified. I wanted to give classified prices for full color pictures. If we could get a handfull together we could make it a full page add for the crews of PyracyPub. That would rock.

Hmmm... I know at this point, that's where it would fall short for me. As I personally can't afford an ad if it's paid. Perhaps in a few years from now if I do dues, but now... it would come out of my own pocket and the cost of an ad that's a couple hundred would just be too much for one issue or even three of them since it's a hobby, not something for profit.

Someday perhaps, Matt. ;)

~Lady B

;)

BTW. We at Pirates Mag value all of your opinions. We try to make a magazine for all pirate lovers not just re-enactors, but we reallly want alot in there for the re-enactors. If you ever want to suggest anyting please feel free to do so. We encurage any and everyone to stop by our message boards on PiratesMagazine.com and post your ideas. That way not just me sees it. Our whole staff reads those boards.

thatworks.shop

How about a nice article and some pictures about the pub in return for all this free advertising you're being allowed to do here? It's not just word of mouth when it takes up bandwidth.

BTW. We at Pirates Mag value all of your opinions. We try to make a magazine for all pirate lovers not just re-enactors, but we reallly want alot in there for the re-enactors. If you ever want to suggest anyting please feel free to do so. We encurage any and everyone to stop by our message boards on PiratesMagazine.com and post your ideas. That way not just me sees it. Our whole staff reads those boards.

I've typed out my thoughts here.

Heh, you've got a strict censor on your site so that "documents" became "do***ents". :angry:

Aye twill be good to get me hands on the new issue.......

as to the BN and borders issue, aye have hounded and waited upon thier newsstand often, unfortunelty they have the final say in what each choose to carry and if often takes more then one pirate asking to have them take stock and trade in said interesting materail.

good luck keep hounding and mayhaps the pirates can coerherce, errrrrrr succeed in getting said booty.

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I've typed out my thoughts here.

Heh, you've got a strict censor on your site so that "documents" became "do***ents". :angry:

Hey Mate. Loved your input. Thanks for posting it.

I have been trying to think of a way to do something on the PUB. Maybe even a regular column of sorts where everyone or crew takes a turn submiting an article by or about them.

Might be doable.

thatworks.shop