Pewter Skulls and my Forge website

Well, I figured I'd show off a bit of my work. I've been working marlinespike knotwork for some time now, and I built a forge about a year and a half ago. Now, I'm toying with pewter casting, both for jewelry and inlays for my knives, as well as bolsters for the knives, ideas for decorative pommels, etc.

I eventually want to get set up to pour brass/bronze, but for now, pewter it is.

Here's a couple pieces of my pewter work so far:

Human_Skull1.jpg

I had an old rubber skull keychain, which I added some modeling clay to in order to re-sculpt a couple sections before casting. The picture is fresh-cast, I haven't cleaned up or aged it yet. I'm thinking of using these for beads on some items, though that would be heavy, these little skulls look amazing IMO. They're 5/8 inch tall, by almost 1 inch long, solid pewter. I'm thinking of re-sculpting one into a skull ring once I get better at casting rings, and if I can get set up to pour bronze, they'd make NICE decorative ends on a bronze dagger crossguard or other sword/dagger accent pieces.

IronLotusCoin1.jpg

For this one, I took my solid silver POTC coin, cast it, re-sculpted the back to contain my Pirate Group's device, and then cast it up in pewter. These ones, however, are not for sale, and are only available to members of my crew. (To protect the names of the innocent, I embellished the story on how I acquired the original Silver coin a bit :unsure: )

ThorsHammer1.jpgThorsHammer2.jpgThorsHammer3.jpg

I made this Thor's Hammer for a member of my crew. For this one, I carved the mold from scratch out of soapstone, then hand-finished the details once I had the Hammer rough-cast. It features an emerald and an amethyst.

I am open to taking custom orders for both jewelry, and blacksmithing. I am currently working on a Naval Dirk for a Pub Member.

I also currently have a dagger up on EBAY, though it's not a period piece. It's a 100% custom design:

My "Stargazer" Dagger auction on EBAY

For my Forge website, it is : MacNamara Forge

I don't have everything uploaded yet, but it's still worth a look. The 'Iron Lotus' webpage, which is the website for my Crew, is at The 'Iron Lotus'

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

I have updated the website with prices and a couple new items for those who are interested:

Pewter and other items (link)

If you have anything specific that you'd like to have made, but don't see it on the website, don't be afraid to ask. I'm willing and able to take custom orders.

<_<

Captain_Sigart.jpg

the beads look awesome, mate!! Nice knife too, and the Thor's Hammer is pretty sweet!

those beads would be nice if you flattened em out a bit and then had a loop for a necklace.. you could add a circle around it for names or mottos, maybe stones, but not as involved as your 'coin'.. just an idea rattlin around. I would be interested in those for me crew with the ships' logo.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Thanky! Get me a design, and I'll see what I can come up with :huh:

Oh, and the skull in the picture is unfinished... that is, un-drilled as a bead. I can also leave 'em solid, as well as cast a sterling silver necklace hoop into the top. :huh:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

What about turning one o' them skulls into a ring? I'm working on a Captain Teague, and he has a nice skull ring that I'll be needing to acquire.

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

I am actually working on a sculpt for a ring using the skull above as a base design... They'll be in pewter as well for now, as I do not have the resources at the moment to cast in silver, not to mention the skyrocketing prices of silver and gold :huh:

I'll post pics when I get the sculpt finished. :huh:

Captain_Sigart.jpg