Beaufort NC Pirate Invasion

Misson

I didn't see a topic for this, so I guess I am starting it. I am sort of planning to attend the Beaufort Pirate Invasion in August. As my chosen crew is really just a PiP special, and Surgeon Mission is sort of a floater pirate (not (necessarily) because he fell overboard), I am giving notice that I am looking to sign on with a crew for the event. I'll be the one in the Patrick Hand original planter's hat. (I have an intriguing idea about transportation that will most likely fall through miserably and leave me with no ride if past experience is any indication. If so, I will most likely drive from Detroit as I will definitely stay in a hotel somewhere nearby and will need a vehicle to cart my sorry bum back and forth.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see a topic for this, so I guess I am starting it. I am sort of planning to attend the Beaufort Pirate Invasion in August. As my chosen crew is really just a PiP special, and Surgeon Mission is sort of a floater pirate (not (necessarily) because he fell overboard), I am giving notice that I am looking to sign on with a crew for the event. I'll be the one in the Patrick Hand original planter's hat. (I have an intriguing idea about transportation that will most likely fall through miserably and leave me with no ride if past experience is any indication.  If so, I will most likely drive from Detroit as I will definitely stay in a hotel somewhere nearby and will need a vehicle to cart my sorry bum back and forth.

The Crewe of the Archangel is attending this event... so ye are always welcome with us. Although this time we are going to make ye work and not just carrying sh-stuff as Rats would say.... tis about time ye got yer feet wet! Maddogge is coming down for this, so ye may want to talk to him about carpooling. Mr. Souris and Kate MAY be joining us as well.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hmm....so far you're really not selling me on this... :lol:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Consider yerself pressed Dr.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I so tried to find a pic on-line of the cartoon Mutiny on the Bunny where Yosemite Sam was conning Bugs into taking a "Free" ocean voyage. Couldn't find it, drat it.

Actually, Doctor Misson's intention to attend is another notch in favour of us Souris attending, as is Mr. Dogge's coming. In fact, my thoughts were, if Mr. Misson and Mr. Dogge were so inclined, a car pool of the lot of us would be great!

Kate has some vacation time due to her around that time, so travel times and days are pretty flexible for us. In fact, as we had to cancel our vacation, any arrangements that could maximize our time in Beaufort (French for "handsome strong") would suit us rather well. :lol:

Michael_banner.jpg

Can ye find the dialog?

Crewe of the Archangel

Nope, don't recall it. I do remember that when they are departing (complete with falling ribbons and such) and Bugs is waving and hollering (probably "Bon-Voy-a-gee!") he is waved off by a mouse on the dock. The mouse says, in what I recall as a thick brogue, "He's not long for this world." It's on the Golden Disc Collection, V. 1, Disc 3 which I don't freaking have. I really need to get all of those just so's I can pluck images and soundtracks offa' 'em.

Michael, I seriously do have a travel plan that I want to pursue and have fall completely apart on me before I commit to a carpool.

Michael, I seriously do have a travel plan that I want to pursue and have fall completely apart on me before I commit to a carpool.

No Problems, perhaps we may be able to work something out with Mr. Dogge, and there is still plenty of time between now and then to see what other arrangements there are to be made.

Michael_banner.jpg

wel now....dunno ifn i WANT to ride with Mission???....he's from DOWN RIVER...and i...live ABOVE 10MILE....dunno if we would make the trip together...or at least 1 of us would....HA!!!!

actually still seeing what all i would need to bring....maybe a trailer i f too much....whatcha ya guys driving???...mayhaps i could swing down a pick you guys up???...you guys are ohinians??(candans transplant eh?)...even Mission...if hes brave enough...HA!

but one way or another...plannin on going.

capn....any idea what we be needn'?...tents?...spanish outfit?....blahblahblah????

an FYI...i am a clothes horse(not whore like my wife calls me)....shes from north of eight...or like she says ...just south of nine)((yeah...that actually means something here...and i am still learning))....so i tend to over pack...we bringing displays??? how many day event is it again??? anyone???anyone???

:lol:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I'm not sure which order to answer all of that in, or even how to respond to half of it... :lol:

But here it goes,

Yeah, we're in Ohio, just in Columbus (I'm an import, she's a domestic... wait, she is domestic... no that's not right... oh, you'll hopefully get the idea). :D

We travel fairly light, we can fit all of our gear and garb into the trunk of her Honda Civic. Although we could take my mini-van if we needed more space, or if you are willing to haul our sorry backsides for a share in the cost o the expenses, that would work too.

I think the event is only three days (Fri - Sun)

Michael_banner.jpg

Actually, that brings up my concern about traveling with Mad Dogge. (I actually live in Monroe which is so backwater it's beyond Downriver, so that's not my concern. :D ) It's that I want to stay at a hotel and that means I need to have access to a vehicle. Plus I just have this annoying need for autonomy.) Since I'm not bringing camping gear, I travel pretty light, but MDs stuff wouldn't fit in the Avalanche with your stuff, Michael. From his description of going to events, he packs his vehicle to the gills...and gets stopped by police because there's sometimes a cannon poking out of the back at the car behind him. :lol: The only way I'd probably want to ride in someone's vehicle is if they were willing to give me the keys during the event. As Michael knows, I could give a flip who actually drives, even if it's my vehicle.

well now....considerin most likely toooo far for you'ns to come and git me...North side D-troit....i'll would pack up and drive to you'ns....then un-pack to git in your car???....maybe ya'll could just jump in as i go that way...i would even slow down...a little...driv'in a durango...depending what the crewe needs...maybe even a trailer...should have plenty of room for whatever.....course ya would have to listen to my Mad Ravngs for about 16 hours....but...ok ...cant think of an upside to that one....but as long as im driving...and right now looks like it...more than willing to have a few stow aways....as long as promise NOT to git mad at me when ya here my ONE canadan joke....i'm from Illinois(YES...the {S} is silient) originally....diddnt know there was a canaidia until i got suckered into moving here.....i'll even let ya tell all your D-troit jokes....dont bother me a bit...course ya start dis-in Chi townor sayin' Illinoisssss...well ya might just find yourself walkin....(HA!!)

welcome aboard mates!!!! :lol:

welp.....simple thing is.....should have plenty of room....would enjoy the company....but not begging anyone to rde with...gotta pass BOTH of ya on the way....being that

:lol: NORTH Carolina is SOUTH of me.....

wont hurt my feelings none either way....

just let me know either way so i can leave room...way in the back if mission comes along...just kidding

and no...the rumours are NOT true...i do not travel in the buff when going cross country....well....not often

It's that I want to stay at a hotel and that means I need to have access to a vehicle.

a LIVING HISTORIAN...staying in a HOTEL......???

:lol:

ok...i got nuthin to say on that one.

That's ok - I wouldn't listen anywise. :D:D (You enjoy events your way and I'll enjoy them mine.)

well now....considerin most likely toooo far for you'ns to come and git me...North side D-troit....i'll would pack up and drive to you'ns....then un-pack to git in your car???....maybe ya'll could just jump in as i go that way...i would even slow down...a little...driv'in a durango...depending what the crewe needs...maybe even a trailer...should have plenty of room for whatever.....course ya would have to listen to my Mad Ravngs for about 16 hours....but...ok ...cant think of an upside to that one....but as long as im driving...and right now looks like it...more than willing to have a few stow aways....as long as promise NOT to git mad at me when ya here my ONE canadan joke....i'm from Illinois(YES...the {S} is silient) originally....diddnt know there was a canaidia until i got suckered into moving here.....i'll even let ya tell all your D-troit jokes....dont bother me a bit...course ya start dis-in Chi townor sayin' Illinoisssss...well ya might just find yourself walkin....(HA!!)

welcome aboard mates!!!! :(

Well then, it sounds like the best idea is for you to slow down on your way past Columbus, and we can jump on board... Because if you bring half as much stuff as it sounds like you do, unpacking your stuff just to load it into one of our vehicles just doesn't sound like it makes much sense.

As for Mad ravings... I'm good with Canadian jokes, hell I have a good collection of them I can probably share with you! :( I don't think you'll find me making much fun of Illinois, as before I got lost there trying to find my way to Chicago back in February, I can't say I've ever heard of the place before. :unsure: As for Detroit (pronounced "de-twah"), I've heard some jokes, but not enough to remember any... I'm also really good for about sharing part of the driving responsibilities (for some twisted reason, I really enjoy distance driving), but the other half will likely sleep most of the trip as she gets motions sick unless she doses herself out.

Sorry if any of this is a repeat, it seems she and I both posted at the same time.

Michael_banner.jpg

It's that I want to stay at a hotel and that means I need to have access to a vehicle.

a LIVING HISTORIAN...staying in a HOTEL......???

:(

ok...i got nuthin to say on that one.

That's ok - I wouldn't listen anywise. :(:( (You enjoy events your way and I'll enjoy them mine.)

yeah...i suppose yur right..... :unsure:

it is pronounced LIVING History....

not....

SLeePING History :(

it is pronounced LIVING History....

not....

SLeePING History :(

actually thats not a bad idea?!?!?!

we can invite the public back to camp around...oh lets say...about 2am-ish.....so they can see how we sleep in all the period correct....hard-ass ground we sleep on!!! :(

after port washington...sleeping in our canvas tents...thru a night full of tornadoes....thunderstorms...and flash floods....was asked by the public...how we did it???... :unsure:

said....we did it the same way they would have done it....

we got wet.

:(

With gas prices on the rise, it looks like we'll not be able to make this festival and set up at the Rock Hall festival instead (12 hour drive vs. 40 minute drive). I'm sure we'll get many a photo and update from those that do attend!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would ask here... But the "Ball" on Saturday night (Aug. 9th), is there any chance that there will be a discount for participants? (I'm kind of doubting this, but it never hurts to ask... :D )

And do the tickets need to be bought in advance? Or are they only being sold "at the door"?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any info or insight into this... Now back to trying to figure out what to wear.. :(

Michael_banner.jpg

apparently no discount on the tickets. doesn't seem fair to advertise as hobknobbing with the pirates and not give a break, but not my place to decide. can't decide if i'll be attending the pay to go events or not. anyone know if pirates choice will be attending- might make the decision easier.