Midwest Renaissance Festival

For those of you who dinnae know - Midwest Renaissance Festival at Giles Castle, Omaha, Ne has purchased everything to do with the former Renaissance Faire of the Midlands that reigned for 23 years across the river at Council Bluffs, Iowa.

All that being said .... who all is coming out the next two weekends (May 17, 18, 24 - 26) to support and celebrate the rejuvination of this long standing faire? And meet up with me an m' crew, who be performing there.

Tis Roll Call Time, it tis so, sound out!!

Fair Winds

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Any chance you fellows are vending at either Lawton's Ren Fest or at Jeff City? Those are our two next gigs. Though I am contemplating a "vacation" to St. Louis the weekend of the 31/1.

Have you guys gotten any word or emails from Columbia's faire? None of my emails have been replied to and now their website is down. Just curious if that faire has fallen apart or if it's still on for this year.

Miss you all and can't wait to see you again....

Emerald

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who didn't make it out to this 'phoenix faire' - you missed one heck of a show! The owner is a bloody hard working guy and very much a blessing, his management team are miracle workers. The cast is absolutely phenomenal, the vendors are warm and welcoming. The stage shows that performed with us are truly talented folks. This faire definately has heart and warmth to it - more so than many faires we've worked in the past. Honesty, integrity, a very big lack of egos and "diva-ness" - a faire where you can come in, do your job in harmony with the rest of the group, and go home feeling you made a difference and that you matter to the owner.

Memorial Day was an experience that was so wonderful it is hard to describe to you.

Having never worked any of the Nebraska faires before, I was truly blown away by this one. It definately sets the gold standard for performers!

Plans have already begun for the 2nd Annual Midwest Renaissance Festival; contracts have already been signed by performers AND vendors. The owner is making plans to enlarge and improve what's already there. So, don't hesitate, come out and join us May 16, 17, 23-25th, 2009! You won't regret coming to this festival!

Fair Winds,

Emerald

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, I have to agree with ya luv. The wife and I made opening day the first weekend, then Saturday and Sunday the second. It was truly a great start to a "new" faire with much room to grow!

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."