Koroneburg Fest

Lady Alyx

I am hoping to but not sure yet on funds.

but I still do not think they can whip up rotisserie chicken with curry sauce ANYTHING NEAR the way the Imbis down by the Rhine river does :huh:

But if we be lucky then perhaps the vendors at the fussplatz may be selling some whole smoked eel and shrimp bisketts with sour cream and goat's milk cheese!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I be a goin' ta this one on the 24th. I be bringin' me lady and me sister. Be warned ye sea dogs.....keepin' yer paws offin' either o' them. At "Cutthroats" I had ta draw me pistol when some bilge rat tried to get a wee bit too friendly w' me lady. MadL....here's hopin' ta see ya there.

Ahhh, ye aint lived till ye walked the fussplatz in Mainz with a sour cream 'n shrimp bagle in one hand 'n a whole smoked eel in t'other....ahhhhh.

But ye be hard pressed t' find a good selection o' bratwurst 'er jaeger snitchel anywhere state-side for sure, but I do recall a fine little guesthouse in Worrstadt, just across town, that served the THE most wonderful halb huncheon that just melt in yer mouth, 'n the owner be right fine feller too he be, retired German Navy, fluent in 8 different languages 'N he has one o' those thar 'photo-graphic memmory' noggins!

Oh how we love'd t' show up with large groups o' folks, ask for substitues, make a few changes....'n the whole time he Never write nuthin down at all! After our meal he would come t' th' table, only then would he pull out paper 'n pen to begin writt'n - NEVER did he get a thing wrong!!!

Avast there ye swab! There be a fine german resturant right here at the port o' Anahiem. One o' me mates took a group of us there I recall. Don't remember the name, but if'n ye want I kin look it up fer ye. Sure and twon't be as good as bein' there fer real, but it should do in a pinch.

Sure and twon't be as good as bein' there fer real, but it should do in a pinch.

That be the trouble, I have not yet t' come across an American made German meal that taste quite right. They try, but it just not the same, just not the same at'll it isn't. Plus the bratwurst 'n snitchel here just seem so much....smaller, 'n th' beer weak'r, less foam, more water, 'n I miss walk'n down th' road t' sit at th' local winery t' sip o' his latest nectars.....*sigh* just tis not the same....

still count'n the coin here, recent trip t' th' Diegos severely lightened me pouch a bit....but maybe.

...I believe I still have me walk'n stick 'n it should still have most o' the crests attached what shows the cities it carried me through too!!

:rolleyes:

Madl...Alpine Village is where you need to go over in Torrance, you can see there sign right off the 101 freeway. Being of German/Austrian origins my family shopped there since it opened back in the early 60's. Go to the Market, they have all kinds of sausages, smoked meat, and snitzel cuts and cold cuts...even both kinds of head cheese. They make there recipe's from Germany...and the sauerkraut you get at the counter is really good. If I want good Brats I go there and buy them. Some things over the years they don't have any more like my favorite kind of peperoni sticks or polish sausage, but they have a good variety of sausages. I even buy English bangers there for St Patty's day(in the freezer behind the fresh meat counter). They have a restaurant there as well where you can get German food as well...I love the Sauerbratten. They have a brunch on Sunday's which has the tradition american food and all the german food as well...totally a good deal if you want to try different kinds of foods. Gutte Schmeckt!

Alpine Village

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Aye lassie....that I was! I misrecollected the name. Nobody move....I've lost me brain! Probably suffering from oldtimers disease! :ph34r:

There be another german resturant in Anahiem, on ball near the 57 fwy. Different name though.

Madl...Alpine Village is where you need to go over in Torrance, you can see there sign right off the 101 freeway. Being of German/Austrian origins my family shopped there since it opened back in the early 60's.

Alpine Village

:huh:

It be Mad L, that be 'Mad' and 'L'!!!!

...geesh, yer gonna give way me secret identity 'n then they all be know'n I too of German decent :ph34r:

(least ye do not know me mother side be Irish/English, *wheeeew!*)

I have been told o' Alpine Village for a long time, never been there however...odd hu??

I love try'n different foods, while in Germany I learned the best way for t' order was t' only Remember th' dishes ye did Not like, o'therwise just order anythin' on th' menu that look different but do not bother ask'n what it be.

tip: when in Sweden, do NOT try ask'n what a dish is. Ye see, they can not speak right down thar 'n it will give ye a right headache try'n t' decipher th' drei 'er vier languages ye be hear'n in each sentence they speak t' ye!!!

example: A spaghetti dish I once ordered, I finally figured out be called "small meat"...when the dish come I find that 'small meat' indeed be "shrimp"...'n it was Good!!

OKAY..MAD L... :ph34r: I type fast so I forget sometimes to capitalize. I also have 1/4 english from me mum's side as well, but the poor dear granma migrated from England to Germany and there you have it.

Yes you will have to try it out at Alpine, I guarantee you you won't be disapointed in the Market at the Meat/Deli counter. But mind you if you go on the weekends grab a number, the lines are huge sometimes, and they have a swap meet in the parking lot on the weekends so that takes up many parking spots, even though the parking lot is huge. It seems many cultures shop there, so the line takes a bit. The bakery is good too. I think you will find many imports there you will be bound to like.

I am thinking I would like to go to the Koroneberg Faire on the 24th since it stays open till 9 that night.....anyone else going that day and staying late?

Lady Alyx

I sure hope they have eiscreme at Koroneberg, in Wörrstadt, Germany we had a great little eiscreme shop in the middle o' town 'n they had the BEST berry sherbert in all th' seven seas!!!

oh, a small town in Germany I stayed in while in the service o' the king (befer me pirate'n days that be....well....uh....best not t' be gettin into that, lets just say it be befer), they make the most wonderful fruit ice cream, don't think they even had "ice cream" so it be more o' a fruit surbert, 'n this purple one, berry I believe it'was, is just the best in all the land, can not get enough of it I could not.....oh, the freshness, the coldness, it was delicious, like a fine wench and a fine wine combined all in one it'was, simply hit th' spot on a hot summer day (it gets so hot there in th' summer, about 72 degrees one year it did!!!)

Aye, t' lay upon the bank o' the river with a rum in one hand 'n a fine wench in t'other whilst she spoons feeds ye the frozen nectar o' Neptune him self....sheer bliss it be, sheer bliss I say!

:ph34r:

There be a fine german resturant right here at the port o' Anahiem.

You're thinking of Jagerhaus on Ball Road at the 57 freeway (less than a mile east of where I work). It's an excellent German restaurant.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Well with a name like Jager...(which means hunter in deutsch) it should be good.

Ice cream....hmmmm I wonder if it more like the one Charlie Temmel is supposed to sell from Austria. My dad told me about this place he saw an article in the newspaper eons ago and we never tried it (dad has since passed on), but he wanted to try this guy's ice cream from Austria since dad was Austrian.

Charlie Temmels Venice website

Lady Alyx

It could be Lady Alyx, it looks different but it has been 20 year since I been there now.

Did he happen t' say if ye must dodge several hedgehogs crossing the road t' get there? If so then that is most for assured the place!!!

*hehehe*

them Germans thought I a might mad for t' be keep'n a hedgehog for a pet in me apartment they did. but the laugh be on them for when I turned him loose before leaving he now tells his friends o' the nice silly American who fed him and kept him warm in the winter, then they all go 'n poo the German's lawns for not being so friendly, they do.

Oh Lady Alyx, in th' spring time ye can find a dead hedgehog along the road side nar e'ery five 'n twenty feet ye can!

'tis not that they do not like them, it just be that they are 'ery slow for t' cross th' road 'n ye know just how fast they be drive'n o'er there, 'tis not just th' auto-ban that be driven fast on, it be Any road which not have houses on either side!

They did not 'not like' me lit'le roomy, they just thought it so odd 'n silly for t' see one actually stop on the road side to scoop one up before it get hit then bring it home 'n keep it as a pet. Though I suppose some perhaps in th' larger city may keep them but in th' country where I was live'n these lit'le critters where so common no one thought o' them as 'pets'. Much like when I told them o' the ferret I once had, t' them ferrets just be yard vermin run'n wild!

Ich liebe Frettchen

:lol:

What in blazes is a hedgehog anyway? Do they make good eatin'? Hogs do...bacon...chops....ham....yummmmm!

Laddie, there be no serpents on ships fer the ferrets ta hunt. Yer cat be

better suited ta this.

Have yer thought of a name fer em?

He kinda looked like a drown'd rat when yer first gottem, so Bilge Rat would be a goodin'. What think you?