Quarters while on land!

Misery

Panther Primitives be the absolute best of the best. I don't have their web address off hand, but I'm sure if you do a search ye'll find them.

However, their mailing address and phone number are:

Panther Primitives

P.O. Box 32

Normantown, West Virginia 25287

1-304-462-7718

They have a terrific catalog and all their tents are fire-proofed as required by law (in any state) and a requirement for all faire type pavillions.

PRP got a Marquee tent from them that has been great!

Rumba Rue

**You there, go hoist something**

:D Thanks for the link pirata Ill definately be looking into this site more theve got some of the best pricing Ive seen. I do like the panter pavillions but theyd take alot of the swag ive been saving up for thepast few months not to mention most wont fit in the car im getting wich is a 2 seater (should have gotten a pickup :D ) anyways if anyone has other suggestions please post em

May the wind be always to your back and may thier be fair seas ahead ! :D

Remember as long as you have a few rolls of duct tape you can slap it on the roof of yer car. However, in the long run it might be cheaper to find a pirate that owns a truck that you can travel with, duct tape gets expensive when you use 2 rolls per way.... :D

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Wot kind o'campin' be ya doin' and wi who? Townsend makes an excellent convertible wedge wi' 2 piece poles that'll fit in any passenger seat or trunk. If yer in dodgy weather or need priavacy, that be a good choice. If'n it's just you, then take a look at Panther's trail tarp. Not really a tent, but a pair of oars crossed just below the grips and 20 feet of 1/4 inch line turns it into a real sailorly lookin' shelter. Packs real small, too.

Hawkyns

:D

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Most of the camping I would be doing is at the local ren faire for now and possibly the war in pheonix with the sca.

i thought of the shelter but thiers no privacy in the chance i bring a "bed warmer" back to camp with me :ph34r: it looks like ill have to get a wedge tent an' dress it up a bit though i do like the crossed oars ideai think i might steal that idea for the A-frame

thanks for the good ideas

Haven't been to Estrella in about 6 years and I stayed the Pointe Hilton last time. How does camping in the desert without floor or bugscreens work? I keep hearing horror stories about scorpions and snakes. Real or hype? I've done a bit of desert hiking, but all my camping has been in the northeast or Europe.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

The Pillaged Village and Underhill Pavillions both have very nice looking period tents, but I think in both cases you'll find 'em a bit on the pricey side. Personally, I prefer camping in a dome tent. It ain't period, but it's easy to put up and take down while having a decent amount of room in the larger ones. Gettin' into garb on yer back is only fun if'n ye got help.

:ph34r:

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

I'm backing RumbaRue & Hawkyns here...

Panther Primatives is pretty much the best tent maker for re-enactors out there. As I am told. They make a huge variety as well.

I bought my tent, a wedge with a bell back via Townsend & am rather pleased with it. Not that hard to maintain either, which.. for a person as lazy as I... that's a great thing! :ph34r:

OK.. links... here they are..

Panther Primitives

Panther Primitives

Jas. Townsend & Sons

Jas. Townsend & Sons

Hope that helps some, shipmate. :ph34r:

Townsend has a few other nautical items like a spyglass, compass... bosun whistle... plus other items that will be useful in portraying an 18th c character. :) I've ordered from these people before.. found them to be efficiant, friendly & have good products.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Pather is good, I like the looks of their tents. I agree with Townsen and Son. Try also other Civil War enactors groups.

I know www.renstore.com used to carry a catalogue for Pavilions and Tents.

My personal favorite is Pather, because they add fire retardent to your tent, and their easy to set up. I'm not as familiar with Townsen and Co. tents. How hard/easy are they to set up?

Izzy