Newcomer to The Pub

A stout looking ruffian stomps into the bar.

"Ahoy there mates," he greets the bar's inhabitants with a grin on his bearded face that resembles a harpsicord swallowed by a hedgehog.

He wears a plain brown tri-corn with a black bandana under it. His soot stained shirt is open at the neck revealing a coppery coin with celtic knotwork on it, and and a silver cross with a green gem in the center. Over this he wears a navy vest with dull brass buttons.

"Ray? Rum w' a brew," he tells the barkeep.

He bellies up to the bar and leans against it, resting his hand on the pistol butt protruding from his bright green sash. He squints through the smoky haze and a gleam appears in his hazel eyes that matches the silver in the earing he wears as he spys a new lass.

He doffs his hat and waves it a her and speaks in voice rich in irish brogue. "Avast there lassie. Be ye new ta this port?"

The door swings open, crashing against the wall behind it and standing in the doorway is a fine regal of a woman with blond hair and a wicked smile as she eases herself past the entrance and sashays over to Syren and smiles broadly at her then turns her attention to the newcomer, and eyes her with a smile.....

Welcome to the Pub, no being shy here, step up and take your place among the finest to come here! :ph34r:

McDrago turns to the doorway and stares. A shocked look of recognition plays accross his face.

"Rumba....lass! Tis good ta see ya!" He moves across the bar and gives her a hug.

"What's it been....years! Yer looking mighty fine!"

He holds her shoulders, smiles fondly, then grins.

"Sunk any ships recently?"

McDrago steps back apace, unsure of his welcome.

"Sink me!", he exclaimed holding his chest as if having been shot. "Overzealous?....me???

A look of shocked innocence and hurt appears on his face, then he grins.

"Sure an why not? Dated? That we did lass, but you'll not be holdin' it agin me will ya?"

Aye Mcdrago, indeed, I am new to tha Pub, though it seems many a reunion take place at this oasis of concoctions and camaraderie.

Rumba Rue, tis a pleasure to share the company with one who is likewise distracted by what my Alder playfully, even if despairingly, refers to as, the “sparklies.”. :(

Aye Mcdrago, indeed, I am new to tha Pub, though it seems many a reunion take place at this oasis of concoctions and camaraderie.

Hearing his name, and grateful for the distraction, McDrago turns to the newcomer.

"Well met, lassie. Hopefully yer won't have ta endure minor bits o' drama such as this every time ya drops by fer a dram."

His drinks arrive at that point and he tosses back the rum and follows it with a large swig of foaming beer from the tankard. He wipes the foam from his beard with the soot spotted sleeve of his shirt.

"Ah...that hit's the spot," he announces, then belches loudly to show his approval.

"Now what be this I hear about sparklies?"

• 2 weeks later...