That's Just Really Cool

Misson

melody_large5.jpg

This is at a local pub I goto every now and then. It's made from drift wood.

Now I like this one. I'll take driftwood over Black Widow spiders any day! <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, they're sending another polar explorer to Mars to analyze the ice! It's scheduled to land this coming Sunday, May 25th. Here's hoping it makes it to the surface safely and is able to transmit data to the Martian satellites! :ph34r:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I once made some Q-Tips out'a some old tooth picks 'n used toilet paper!

Do ye think I can get them in th' catalog too??

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I have a long standing passion for silly wind ups

Kikkerland, in addition to a lot of cool stuff, has these really cool geeky cute metal ones.

They totally appeal to my whimsical imagination.

I'll just post the link

http://www.kikkerlandshop.com/wind-ups---pop-ups.html

They used to have a little house that rolled around on a tilt and sparked

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Hey, they're sending another polar explorer to Mars to analyze the ice! It's scheduled to land this coming Sunday, May 25th.

And it made it and is sending back images. Hurrah!

http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardwa...cleID=208400239

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

• 1 month later...

I just read that Guillermo del Toro may make a movie of Marvell's Dr. Strange. Talk about the perfect director for such a project. I sure hope that happens - it'd be one of those rare movies I'd go to the theater to see.

• 4 weeks later...

Um...not sure I could sleep with that in the house..but it is kinda cool.

I like the selller's quote in the EbaY ad

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Your wife called a few minutes ago. She wanted to tell you that you can spend as much as you want to win this historical pointer. She said that it has far more value and more potential than all the trash you have been buying in eBay. Kisses, she said."

frank-and-betty always put that note on their auctions. :ph34r: (They auction a lot of old medical stuff, so I've gotten familiar with them.)

For the a couple of months I didn't have a good place to put my skeletons, so I stuck 'em in one of the closets in the bedroom. Jokes about skeletons and closets aside, I imagine that would be something you probably wouldn't do either. :lol: All skeletons are now in the garage, though. Since I'm not doing anything for the haunted house this year, I may have to find something new to do with them of Halloween. I had this idea for a skelarecrow...

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

Well if I had me any skeletons (aint sayin yea or nay) :unsure: I'd be hidin em well..

and for yours, maybe hang em all on a clear nylon clothesline and let the wind dance em around for Haloween...

If it be stink'n dead stuff ye be after then how about some:

Genuine Petrified Dinosaur Poop:

Small to the size of a basketball - and For Sale!

or perhaps ye would prefer some Petrified Fish Poop:

Fish poop and MEGLADON SHARK POOP!

or perhaps for ye land lubbers some Moose poop Earrings or a Moose poop Swizzle Stick fer yer drink?

I'll take mine shaken not stired please!

B)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the "Big Kids Go First!" campaign at the WB on Sat. mornings was ill-advised. It basically killed the Freakazoid! series. Big kids who watch cartoon seem inclined to stay in bed late. Paul Rugg -the inspiration behind the show- ran off and and decided to make live action stuff instead. (Which is rather remniscent of WB Looney Tunes director Bob Clampett. One wonders what he would have done had he stuck with Bugs and pals.) Oh well.

I guess the release of season 2 is imminent, so keep a weather eye cast in Amazon's direction.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

OH wow Syren..that IS cool

• 3 months later...

I just found out the Sam & Max graphic novel, Surfin the Highway has been re-released with some new material included. The original used to be really expensive because it was out of print, but the re-release is much more reasonable. Hilarious stuff, this, with some piratical references. You can pick it up on Amazon for $20 new and even less used. (I paid $10...mostly to get the new material.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

While looking for info on Peggy Lipton, I found info on artist Jessica Joslin. (Somehow this must make sense in a remote cosmic way that I don't yet comprehend.) Jessica Joslin is an artist whose art work is very interesting.

See it on her site here. Her stuff has a distinct steampunk look to it. I particularly like her cat sculptures.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...