newbie intro

count de monet

ahoy mates... permission to come aboard...

been a closet pirate for years until i chanced upon the st. louis pirate festival... it was there that i realized that "we are not alone " since then, i have acquired most of the tools o'the trade.

our kids really enjoy the festivals and my wife is slowly getting into things. there are no recent pics of me for my avatar, but there is a pic of one of my crew sporting my hat and boots in my bio.

hoping to make a few more friends, get advice and have a good time here.. when i figger it out, i'll post post a link to my pics of us at the pirate festivals...

thanks again count de monet

A Count?! Oooo, we's a Count here on th' Pub! Might smashing it be!

Glad t' have ye on th' Pub, Count. And, aye... pirates are nay alone let alone dead nor dyin'.

Tis a pleasure t' meet thee. ::: removes big black plumed hat and elegantly bows::: Lady Barbossa I be.

Port o' Saint Louie, eh? How blessed! I be straight north ye nigh 6 hours in Iowa. Always grand t' meet another midwestern pirate.

Not been t' the Pirate Fest there... yet. Hope to someday, though. B)

How's 'bout a drink, Count? I'll take somethin' mild at the moment since I not be doin' well health wise. Sweet red wine, thank ye.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

mon dieu !! it seems that i have forgotten my manners. a round of drinks for all my friends .. :huh:

yes, a count i am. driven from my own country by the revolting peasants. either flee or face the guillotine.

c'est une plaisire, mes amis ( bowing gallantly---- i am a count and a gentleman after all )

Greetingsovertherail.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Good t'meet ye Count de Monet!

(oh, I sure hope he sticks to simple add'n and subtact'n, them multiply'n tables sure gives me a right head ache they does...)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Welcome aboard Count and thank yea fer the drink.

May a good all be had by time!

Ayyyye, fine spiris there barkeep.

- Alder

;)

Alder.jpg

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Twain

M' sympathies, Count.

But upon th' seas, ye'll find some safe haven. An' pray that th' Pyrate Hunter spare ye or miss ye all t'gether. Not want t' see ye loose thyne head at th' guillotine or dancin' at th' end of th' Hangman's necklace, good Sir.

~Lady B

;)

Thank ye for th' images, Count.

Very nice indeed. :huh:

I pray that some time I can make it down there to that Fest.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Welcome count de monet! (funny name by the way, all pirates like to "count de monet" :lol: )

Did you make it over to our area of the faire? I think I'd remember those shirts if I saw them, very cute! We were there hawking our wares at Pyrate Leatherworx & Arrbucks Coffees. Perhaps we'll see you this summer at the St. Louis Renaissance Festival on the same site.

A Count what? Oi Cheeky where be my Lesser George, give it back ye hear... we've got royalty mucking about.

Welcome to the pub, Sir! Honored to make yer acquaintance.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome count de monet! (funny name by the way, all pirates like to "count de monet" :lol: )

"history of the world, part 1 " :)

Did you make it over to our area of the faire? I think I'd remember those shirts if I saw them, very cute! We were there hawking our wares at Pyrate Leatherworx & Arrbucks Coffees. Perhaps we'll see you this summer at the St. Louis Renaissance Festival on the same site.

check the link on page one near the bottom..... if i recall, the store front in some of the pics is yours. i'm almost certain that it was from you that i bought a belt and a sword frog....

sorry.. didn't catch the name of the store, but i believe it was you guys....

yes, do plan on the ren faire also.... there'smore i need :)

i think i got this "quote " thing right..

I knew the name sounded familiar, thanks to Mel Brooks then :ph34r:

The storefront in your pictures is RenBoots' booth, I'm not sure if they were the one's in it during Pirate Fest but that is their booth during the Renaissance Festival. We're around the corner, sort of on the back side of that shop, back near the pirate ship stage. Say hello at the Renaissance Festival.

• 3 weeks later...
*snicker*

....Count de Monet...

Now that's funny...

Welcome aboard!

GoF

Yeah, I got a laugh from it as well. I immediately thought of Harvey Corman's character from History of the World Part 1.

Count de Money......No, it's Monet, Monet. Count de Monet. LOL! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...