The PiP Brag Thread

Misson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps those small holes were for wire rings, attached to a fine chain?

I could do that, although they had a photo of another one (this eBay seller sold a whole bunch of these at once) and it just had black knotted twine-like thread from what I could tell.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 months later...

Lookie, lookie what I found on eBay:

gallery_1929_27_12762.jpg

They're stainless, which is not period correct, but the needle types would be the same in any period. What a splendid teaching tool I now have!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

After going nonshooting at PIP (borrowed gun and no powder, I hate to beg and borrow :D ) I will soon aquire 2 flintlock pistols and a blunderbuss. A friend did some "horse trading" on an estate auction in Ohio. When I get them, I'll post some images. Gotta send some to Cascabel to get his professional opinon.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Whoa! It's even better than I thought. I figured it was those two leaves of needles, but it arrived today and the needle display kit actually looks like this:

gallery_1929_27_10350.jpg

It'll take up a 1/3 of my table space all by itself!

Mission_banner5.JPG

Whoa! It's even better than I thought. I figured it was those two leaves of needles, but it arrived today and the needle display kit actually looks like this:

It'll take up a 1/3 of my table space all by itself!

It looks like fish bones! :blink:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

*snicker* ohh look at all the sail and leather needles. were sharing a table at Blackbeard's. RIGHT?

Don't do it Mission, he's larcenous.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

After going nonshooting at PIP (borrowed gun and no powder, I hate to beg and borrow :blink: ) I will soon aquire 2 flintlock pistols and a blunderbuss. A friend did some "horse trading" on an estate auction in Ohio. When I get them, I'll post some images. Gotta send some to Cascabel to get his professional opinon.

Animal

Next time speak up. I almost always carry extra powder for those who fly. I had six pounds of 3F and two of 4F primer for anyone who needed. Sharing out with three other pyrates I barely went through three-quarters of a pound. And I shoot fast and went to almost all of the sunset shoots as well.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Yeah... Captain Jim is kinda like the God of those wots gotta fly out to PiP......

Besides.... sitting on the beach in Key West... rolling and loading cartridges.....bull shittin'...... swappin' lies......and having a great tyme....

GOD...That be one of the best parts about PiP....

Damn, Jim... it would be a hellofahardtimewitoutyou......

<Not Pyrate like.... but Hey... thank you Captain Jim....It does make it so much easier for me to play at PiP.....>

I wish you would have mentioned that sir. We had three pounds sitting there for the crewe's use and, as Master at Arms, you always have a share. <_< When you get your new guns, I have 8 pounds at the house -- just get a can. I think they were $13 each if I recall.

-- Hurricane

After going nonshooting at PIP (borrowed gun and no powder, I hate to beg and borrow <_< ) I will soon aquire 2 flintlock pistols and a blunderbuss. A friend did some "horse trading" on an estate auction in Ohio. When I get them, I'll post some images. Gotta send some to Cascabel to get his professional opinon.

Animal

Next time speak up. I almost always carry extra powder for those who fly. I had six pounds of 3F and two of 4F primer for anyone who needed. Sharing out with three other pyrates I barely went through three-quarters of a pound. And I shoot fast and went to almost all of the sunset shoots as well.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

*snicker* ohh look at all the sail and leather needles. were sharing a table at blackbeards. RIGHT?

Alas, I doesn't look like I'll be at BB this year. <_< (Besides, you're too busy running around like a chicken with his head cut off to have a table. <_< )

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yer always a peon... get used to it....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Look, he's been poisoned! He's adopting the PiP mentality of shedding all worldly cares and responsibilities when he enters a pirate event... <_<

Mission_banner5.JPG

Keep dreaming Mission... ye only THINK ye know Dutch

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

You could come to Michael's Columbus events.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Which is still in doubt until funding for the Ship's budget for the 2009 year is firmed up... I'm hoping to hear some news in the not too distant future... So far the rumours surrounding the matter are alternatively hopefuly and pessimistic. But I am very much hoping it will go well.

And we would love to have you Mary, and everyone else as well!

Michael_banner.jpg

Which is still in doubt until funding for the Ship's budget for the 2009 year is firmed up... I'm hoping to hear some news in the not too distant future... So far the rumours surrounding the matter are alternatively hopefuly and pessimistic. But I am very much hoping it will go well.

And we would love to have you Mary, and everyone else as well!

Ah, yes, and I should Love to Attend ~

There is, however, the small matter of Employment ~ which is from the month of April through September. I am limited in the number of events I can attend during the summer. Especially those which require airfare and extended days off. So I must pick and choose accordingly.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

After going nonshooting at PIP (borrowed gun and no powder, I hate to beg and borrow :rolleyes: ) I will soon aquire 2 flintlock pistols and a blunderbuss. A friend did some "horse trading" on an estate auction in Ohio. When I get them, I'll post some images. Gotta send some to Cascabel to get his professional opinon.

Animal

tsk tsk.... the git didn't tell us he had no powder... he's not blonde without good reason.....

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

tsk tsk.... the git didn't tell us he had no powder... he's not blonde without good reason.....

Oi!!! Oi!!!! Oi!!!! 'ere now!!!

Crewe of the Archangel