4th Annual Baltimore Pirate Invasion

crimson corsair

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly that ship, the Clipper City, went out of business last July. Pirates for Sail have been without a ship ever since. :ph34r:

That's a real shame Gute, I'm sorry to hear that.

WTOP is saying the weather is going to keep getting better right up until Friday. Then Saturday, possible showers and maybe even a thunderstorm.

sad.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed...

:ph34r: A pirate afraid to get wet!?!?!? :ph34r:

I know. I know.

:ph34r:

If you knew how quickly black powder residue and water turn into rust you wouldn't laugh. And generally, I just don't like rain, except for the fine misty type of rain.

After I posted that weather report, I started thinking about it. As far as I recollect, my entire pirate reenacting career has seen a string of wonderful weather. Which contrasts dramatically with my entire RevWar career, which was one dismal mire after another.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Yahoo Weather has already changed their forcast for Saturday since this morning. This morning it said, "Some showers with a chance of thunder storms". Now it says, "Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s."

Much better!

thighbighter and blackjohn,

keep your eyes open for Q.M. The n'orleans group has just learned the jolly ole rogue has made a break for the state line and is headed your way with three or four more of Blackbeard's crewe in tow.

sorry the rest of us can't make it, but it sounds like a grand time is to be had, here's to the weather holding for you..

Update on the forecast for tomorrow:

Day: Cloudy skies. High 79F, humidity 40%. Winds SE at 15 to 20 mph.

Night: Chance of light rain showers. Low 55F. Winds ESE at 15 to 20 mph.

The last few times they called for light rain it has been sunny and beautiful. But even if it does occur, it will be in the evening and we will be in the pubs!!

(and even the night low isn't bad at all!!)

Looks like my really heavy frock is stayin in the car.

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

My thoughts on the event. I have done a fair share of pirating, from straight out parties to street festivals to events that are nothing but a string of gunfights from when the doors open until when they close. As far as street festivals go, this one beats out any of the others I have done by a long sea mile.

So, to the organizers, thanks for inviting the Pirate Brethren. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely, and we look forward to a bigger and even better one next year!

My Home on the Web

So, to the organizers, thanks for inviting the Pirate Brethren. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely, and we look forward to a bigger and even better one next year!

Black John-

It was a pleasure to have your guys there and you are sure to be invited back next year.

After the huge success this year there are definitely plans to expand the encampment & living history events next year.

I have not had a chance to follow up with the folk from the Pride yet, but I know that the Captains of the Lioness and the Farewell had a blast and want to be back next year.

Duncan McGuyver

Living History Coordinator / Safety Officer

Fells Point Privateer Day

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Fact: The Brigands were not DIRECTLY responsible for blowing the manhole covers off the street. But, we helped! :blink:

A really great event, and we are so glad that the day turned out well for all the participants. Good to meet and greet some of the folks from the Pub, though our duties on stage kept us from mingling as much as we would have liked to.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

I think I had the most fun this year than in years past.

Thanks to all of those who came out to enjoy the day. And the night.

And a big thanks to all the Pirates and Privateers from far and near for a great show.

If anyone has a picture of me climing through the window of Slainte Pub with a pirate flag in my hand please send them to me.The Door guy out from didn't like it but the people in the bar got a kick out of it. HUZZAH!!!!

"No matter where you go. There you are."

My friends and I had an amazing time. We actually spent alot of time in a little greek bar. They yelled at us to come in from their open doors and windows, and who are we to pass up such an invitation?

I actually won second place in the costume contest! :blink:

It was a pleasure to have your guys there and you are sure to be invited back next year.

Thanks. I'm sure we will return. And with any luck I'll have more guys in tow. I'm not exactly sure what happened at the conflicting event some of them had planned to attend, but I do know the second day of that event was canceled due to either rain or possibly "politics." Politics being that the venue has undergone a change in leadership, with the current staff less reenactor friendly than the previous.

My Home on the Web

Good to meet and greet some of the folks from the Pub, though our duties on stage kept us from mingling as much as we would have liked to.

Indeed. Wish I would have had more time to make your acquaintance. But, I did have fun getting blasted by your cannon while on the quarterdeck of the Lioness.

My Home on the Web

These pics courtesy of the Crimson Corsair! Thanks for taking pics!!! I left my camera at home.

The Camp (not fully set up at this point... and Duncan has a great collection of camp equipment... bravo!)

camp.jpg

The Lioness (that's teeny tiny me, first guy on the left)

johnonthequarterdeck.jpg

Pirate Brethren on the Pride of Baltimore II

present.jpg

primeandload.jpg

My Home on the Web

Good to meet and greet some of the folks from the Pub, though our duties on stage kept us from mingling as much as we would have liked to.

Indeed. Wish I would have had more time to make your acquaintance. But, I did have fun getting blasted by your cannon while on the quarterdeck of the Lioness.

BlackJohn, wow you guys had ROOM! LOL, the Farewell was a trim ship, and weatherly, but not what you would call roomy. Mr Marley nearly took a jib boom to the head the first time the captain came about.

16 rounds in less then 10 minutes - a record even Jack Aubrey would be proud of.

See ye in Hampton.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Can anyone tell me more about the Lioness and where it's based out of?

Tallship Lioness:

Ships Site

The Lioness is operated as a training vessel by Youth Services Agency, which works with at risk youth.

"The Lioness is a 70 foot replica of a Spanish Galleon, square rigged sailing ship. It has a steel hull and was built in 1986. It has a beam of 18 feet and a draft of 7.6 feet and a tonnage of 50 tons. While it is ocean worthy, YSA plans to use the Lioness in the protected areas of the Delaware and Chesapeake Bay areas. When in the bay areas, the ship will be powered by a 6 cylinder Volvo engine. The Lioness is used by all of our programs to provide an additional facet to our adventure programming. YSA clients are given the opportunity to experience all aspects of sailing such a large vessel, under the watchful eye of our trained staff."

She is NOT USCG certified for carrying passengers and cannot be chartered.

Most of her sailing rig is roller furled.

She carries two carriage guns in the waist that are about 2 pounders

She has 2 rail guns near the con that have about a 1" bore.

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga