Heath Ledger found Dead...

Iron Bess

If any of you remember the old ROAR series from awhile back (How I remember him)... Heath Ledger was found Dead this afternoon in his apt in New York.

Such a waste... :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tragic loss...

He was a great actor for doing period pieces... really fit the parts...

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I am totally devistated. He was such a great actor and fit the period parts he played very well. I am at a loss for words. He was one of my favorite actors.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Holy crap... what a loss... such a tragic waste...

:P

(EDIT: In my original post, I ended with "remember kids, don't do drugs". I deleted it some moments thereafter, but not before Bess had a chance to respond. I didn't notice until now. I believe Bess' has more continuity when one knows the original ending of my post.)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Incredibly sad. He was so sexy and charming in A Knight's Tale, and Casanova. As with BriarRose, he was one of my favorites.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'm absolutely stunned! Nearly refusing to believe Ledger is dead and will no longer be in any more films. It's absolutely shocking! Completely unexpected. Aye, he's one of the last celebrities I would even consider to die so suddenly. He's such an Orlando Bloom quality (appearance) about him.

My response upon hearing it on the ABC Nightly News-

"WHAT?!?!" and that wasn't spoken softly.

First saw him in "The Patriot". He grabbed my attention since then. He's continued to amaze me with his work.

Such an incredibly tragic loss in the film industry. He will indeed be missed. B)

~Lady B

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

As with many stars..his burned brightly..and for such a short time. He'll be missed I'm sure.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Bess I too knew him from ROAR (anything resembeling celtic gets my attention) and I recall him from "The Patriot" and others.

So sad. I do hope it was an accident. Seems that some of the brighest stars burn bright then are exstinguished early. Sad.

Aye Mister Lasseter ...may he indeed.

(much head shaking..)

When it's your time.... it's your time.

Drugs or no...... :unsure:

True. Let's face it, death is walking alongside each and every one of us. You can be here one moment, and gone the very next. And never even know what hit you. All the more reason to live life like a pirate. Carpe diem and all that, eh wot!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I was really looking forward to seeing him in the next Batman. I bet he would have been awesome.

What's eerie is that his last role was The Joker. I'm almost certain his character will be killed at the end of the movie. Kind of like how Jack Nicholson's Joker was killed in the Michael Keaton Batman movie. Also, the way he looked as the Joker was kind of similar to the way Brandon Lee looked from the movie The Crow. We all know what happened to poor Brandon during the filming of that movie. :unsure:

It's just truly sad and also so shocking to hear this news. :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I am still truly devistated by his death.

May the Light of the Goddess and God, the Universe and the Angels be with him.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

I was really looking forward to seeing him in the next Batman. I bet he would have been awesome.

He had completed the filming... just not all the looping yet to be done.

You'll get to see his work and rumor is it is really work to be proud of. Such a shame he'll not get to go from there..... :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'm having River Phoenix flasbacks. :unsure:

Last I heard it was considered an accidental overdose; has anyone heard anything conclusive?

(I know he was in The Patriot but I was too busy watching Tavington chew up the scenery. :unsure: )

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I was so upset when I first heard of this. I was upset for the rest of the day. I thought to myself "Poor Baby", he was still a babe. He was so sexy and so so handsome. I especially loved him in Casanova, which I def need to go ahead and buy now for sure.

Rest in Peace Beloved

casanova_f01.jpg

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Autopsy will take another ten days from what I heard. However the masseuse that found him called Mary Kate Olsen before calling 911...How sad that she could possibly have saved his life if she had called 911 first and not Mary Kate three times.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

What's eerie is that his last role was The Joker. I'm almost certain his character will be killed at the end of the movie. Kind of like how Jack Nicholson's Joker was killed in the Michael Keaton Batman movie.

Doesn't that sort of ruin the continuity of the movies? The current strain of BM is supposed to precede the 90's movies.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg