Look who ELSE be nominated for a Golden Globe!!!

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

The OTHER Jack, Lucky Jack Aubrey aka Russel Crowe is up for Best Actor in a Drama!!

Pirates ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

(OK he's not a pirate but close enough!!) :)

Click to see the list of nominees for Golden Globes

Russel Crowe didn't play a pirate in MC/FSW. He was a British naval officer. He was chasing pirates who inturn chased him!

Still a fine performance. Both are playing seaman of some sort. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

And Geoffry Rush gets the pass!!! Curse them all the sinking black depths of Davy Jones Locker! I say we pool are swag and swear out a letter of reprisal on the heads of these scaberous dogs!!

Jack

Works for me. :lol:

(and besides, I can't stand Russel Crowe) Sorry Red Maria... he may be a fine actor but he's a not so nice human being.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I wasn't mentioning anything about him as a person! Just his performance as an actor. Otherwise I think he's a jerk. What a person play as an actor isn't indicative of what kind of person he or she is in the real world.

And I hope Mr. Rush gets his due come Oscar time. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Ye ladies like seamen? :rolleyes:

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Ye ladies like seamen? :rolleyes:

This is a bit off topic but one year at the annual plant sale I was in charge of the hierloom tomatoes. I was there to help people as I am quiet a grower of tomatoes. One of the varities was called 'Black Seaman'.

A lady scrutinzing the various varieties looked at me with gravity and asked with all seriousness "Have you tried 'Black Seaman'? I looked at her agasht and said "That's an awfully personal question!" She look at me a moment blankly. Then it dawned on her what she had asked me. She started to laugh.

The I said "No I haven't. But I will take one home and let you know next year what it is like". By now she was really losing it laugh wise and took not only the 'Black Seaman' but several others as well. :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aye, I hear that be a potent tomato! :ph34r:<_<

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I agree with Jack, Iron Bess & who ever else... Geoffrey Rush deserves a nomination of sorts... if not what the writer's stated.. that Rush deserves just an Oscar for the eyes. Dear GOD! I agree there! ::Le sigh::

It's good to hear that Johnny Depp was nominated for his role. Deserves it.

Just hope that Geoffrey Rush is nominated for his performance. Wishful hopes, few & far between. But hell... be it for PotC or Finding Nemo... he just made both movies really fun to enjoy. :lol:;)

Huzzah to the Year of the Pirate! ;)

Huzzah!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

And Geoffry Rush gets the pass!!! Curse them all the sinking black depths of Davy Jones Locker! I say we pool are swag and swear out a letter of reprisal on the heads of these scaberous dogs!!

Jack

I'm with ye sir....aarrrr, sorry they will be when the cursed crew comes upon them in the depths of a foggy moonlit night....the black spot in the meanwhile...........perhaps we should pool our signatures (x's) and send him a note say'n we think he deserved it ..............

Who ever thought of such a name for a tomatoe! Imagine it in the grocers......he he .................Black Seamen $2.49 lb....................I thought "Big Boy" raised enough comments

That's an idea. I say if he dosen't get a nod from the establishment. We should send him a Piracy Pub award for his portrayal.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Another fine Geoffrey Rush performance is in the movie Mystery Men, where he plays another villain; the notorious Casanova Frankenstein! He was so deliciously evil in Mystery Men, that I had high expectations for him in POTC, and he surpassed them. A brilliant actor!

I can't believe he's portraying Peter Sellers in a biopic!

Here's an interesting Geoffrey Rush link: Geoffrey Rush: The Greatest Actor of Our Time

"I didn't create this world of ours! I merely recorded it!"

Ah yes, I be a fan of "Quills" . . . though "Mystery Men" was my first Geoffrey Rush movie and remains a favorite of mine. I always adore Rush's villains -- like Casanova, Barbossa has a tendency to roll his eyes at the ridiculous things he gets confronted with as a film villain, and I love that; it's a pleasant change of pace from the humorless bad guys of just about every other movie out there. He gives his bad guys a few layers of personality -- and he certainly could have been nominated for his role of Barbossa.

Then again, these action/fantasy-type movies, unless they are "Lord of the Rings," don't often get anyone nominated for any type of award, unless it be for special effects. I'm still amazed Johnny Depp got the Golden Globe nod -- even though he obviously deserves it.

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)