Nominated he is!

Iron Bess

Well well... looks like one of our favorite lads is being piped aboard for his efforts.

Johnny Depp was nominated this morn for a Golden Globe Award for best Actor in a movie, Musical or Comedy. :lol:

Huzzah! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

You know what's interesting?

I am hearing stuff GALORE about LOTR Oscar parties and all this stuff....

Has anyone thought out the idea of a Pirate Oscar/Golden Globe party?

As much as I love the LOTR stuff...I have to say that they've had THREE years to get stuff...and I wanna see POTC get something demmit!!

Who's with me on this one, eh? ;)

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I be wit' ye all the way, luv.

We orta get us a west coast pyrate partee together!

Who is with us?

;)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Russel Crowe be nominated too, for Master and Commander! Check it out! Lets hope t'will be a seafarin' sweep this year!

List of Golden Globe Nominees

What I wanna know is this: Can we wenches get a look at Johnny and Russels "Golden Globes" after they win them?!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! ;) Line up after me wenches!! I'm first!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

If'n POTC doesn't win much for The Golden Globes, lets hope it cleans up at the Oscars. In my opinion, it should clean up at BOTH!!!!

Name one film that ran as long as it this summer!!

No film even touched it!!

Set sail for the winds of victory Johnny my boy!! ;)

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

If'n POTC doesn't win much for The Golden Globes, lets hope it cleans up at the Oscars.  In my opinion, it should clean up at BOTH!!!!

Nay lad, them "academy" types don't give a fig how long a film be in the theaters. They be about "art", not popularity. Course their "art" be to ignore notable directors (Stevn Speilberg's contribution to The Color Purple very publicly snubbed at Oscar time because of his previous films like Jaws and Close Encounters of the Third Kind) and others because o' the genre of their films.

Now the Golden Globes be more honest in their choices, so I be toastin' them; but I will not lift me goblet ter them Academy Awards.

Oh, and I be linin' up right behind Quill fer a peek at them "golden globes". ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I always wondered if their "Golden Globes" be smooth or a weeeeee bit bumpy.....!! ;)

MMmmmmmmm.....

Smooth as silk lass, smooth as silk. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

If'n POTC doesn't win much for The Golden Globes, lets hope it cleans up at the Oscars.  In my opinion, it should clean up at BOTH!!!!

Nay lad, them "academy" types don't give a fig how long a film be in the theaters. They be about "art", not popularity.

Well lad, to be right honest *Finding Nemo* made more money but then it was released earlier. Had more time to rob the pubic. ;)

And right you are Cap't... public glee has nothing to do with awards. POTC wasn't even nominated for best picture for the Gobes nor Gore for it's Directing. (shurg) We expected no less yet we hold out hope for the Oscars.

M'self, I would have liked to have seen Jeffery Rush given a nod. "Means no." (chuckle) Smarmy and perfect he was! ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

What I wanna know is this: Can we wenches get a look at Johnny and Russels "Golden Globes" after they win them?!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!  :lol: Line up after me wenches!! I'm first!!

Looking is all fine and dandy.... but personally speaking, I be wanting to do more....like handle Johnny's and Russell's rounded orbs!! ;) Gotta be touchy feely with them two! (heavy breathing)

I'm next in line after Claire!!

Igniting the fire but rising above the flames

Well I not be wanting to touch their orbs, But they be great performances. I be willing to hold them for all the lovely wenchs to have a go though.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

I be willing to hold them for all the lovely wenchs to have a go though.

Scupper

*raises eyebrow at Scupper*

And pray tell, what exactly be it of Johnny's and Russell's that you be willing to hold fer us wenches to have a go at?????? :lol:

Igniting the fire but rising above the flames

I be willing to hold them for all the lovely wenchs to have a go though.

Scupper

*raises eyebrow at Scupper*

And pray tell, what exactly be it of Johnny's and Russell's that you be willing to hold fer us wenches to have a go at?????? :rolleyes:

A fair question!! A just and right question!

(Looking aside at Scupper and waiting.... for a reply) ;)

(chuckle) ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

ER...Scupper, here's a shovel, mate.

While ye be diggin' yerself deeper, see if thar's any treasure down thar....

:rolleyes:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"