Pirates *AWE*and it's awards...

Iron Bess

And I heard tell this was a dreadful movie....

If anything, the people are consistent.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End scored a hat trick for the billion-dollar Disney franchise Tuesday at the 34th Annual People's Choice Awards, becoming the third film in the series to be named Favorite Movie and, incidentally, the first to win for Favorite Threequel.

Johnny Depp, in turn, was named Favorite Male Movie Star for the third straight year, and costar Keira Knightley got the nod for Favorite Female Action Star.

:lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Let's hope that good fortune spills over to the Oscars! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Let's hope that good fortune spills over to the Oscars! :lol:

Naw, never happen....

Special effects though, now there is a chance. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's funny, a friend of mine who is a huge Star Wars (the first trilogy) fan, after seeing the third POTC movie, told me it was the best series he had seen. I chalked it up to the recency effect. It appears others agree with him, though. Of course, this could also be a recency effect from the movie being released on DVD. PCA is sort of a "what's popular now" thing.

Even though I'm not particularly a fan of any single movie among them, I'd have to throw my lot in with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as being one of the greatest Threequels. (Unless you count the first three Bond movies which make for a really great set of three movies. I don't know if Dr. No/From Russia With Love/Goldfinger really count as a legitimate threequel, though... It certainly has no chance at the PCA.)

Taken as a whole, the three LOTR movies are more consistent and interesting as an on-going series than most other trilogies. Probably because they already had a well thought out story arc to work with. POTC had to go the Back to the Future route of trying to devise an on-going story to wedge into a terrific and fully realized first movie. I think that weighs the trilogy story arc down a lot just like it did for the BTTF movies (which also had a stinky second movie IMO and a decent third act...even if it was not nearly as good as the first act.)

Now Star Wars could have been the greatest trilogy, but ol' George had to go with the pet idea of having a primitive pygmy tribe and throw the original plan for the story arc out the window. (Ewoks... :ph34r: )

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

So has anyone heard any rumors that another "Pirates" movie could be made one day? I'd like to see further adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa, but as much as I liked Will and Elizabeth, I could really care less about seeing more of them...

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I'm hoping that the Writer's strike won't affect the Oscars.

Last year's win in the Special Effects was HUGE! I'm crossing my fingers and swords for another win in Special Effects this year. SO deserves it. ILM ROCKS!

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

So has anyone heard any rumors that another "Pirates" movie could be made one day? I'd like to see further adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa, but as much as I liked Will and Elizabeth, I could really care less about seeing more of them...

Those rumours have been flying about since before AWE was released. As far as I know they are just rumours at this point.

Oh, forgot the Dollars trilogy. That's a great threequel. Each movie is good and improves on the last movie. Those have the added benefit of not having to rely on the previous movies to understand what's going on in the current movie. (As do the Bond films, actually.) Plus there's those great Ennio Moricone scores...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Even tho it's been said that Wil and Elizabeth's story is over and done, I think it needs better closure. It can't be left where Wil is immortal and Elizabeth is not. It would make sense to have her join Barbossa and Jack in the 4th movie in search of the Fountain of Life. She needs to also become immortal to keep up with Wil.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It would make sense to have her join Barbossa and Jack in the 4th movie in search of the Fountain of Life. She needs to also become immortal to keep up with Wil.

Which she could do if they make a fourth movie. Nothing in the third movie suggests that she just stayed at home and raised the kid. She was just there when Will came back. I would guess she's the best audience identification character for young girls - the ubiquitous headstrong girl coming-of-age that we find in recent sagas. It's sort of funny, actually. She went from being King(Queen?) of the pirates to a housewife if you believe the endnote. What's up with that? :ph34r:

As for AWE...it's not dreadful. Some of it (much of it) is just superfluous which I think is what makes it confusing. (Plus there's no undead pirates. :ph34r: Or maybe that's just my problem with it...) They did a decent enough job of tying everything up (and together), though. And they shot the monkey out of a cannon.

Didn't they say she couldn't go with him? I'm guessing she'd drown when they submerged. Will could come get her when he was above water, but then he wouldn't technically be fulfilling his duty and he'd turn into a sea polyp or something. And what young mother really wants to hang out with a sea polyp?

But she was on the Dutchman at one point, so she does not have to serve on it to be on it. Convolution is the stuff of fan forums. :lol: You guys got nuthin' on the Star Wars fans. Those people are crazy...and the arguments over what is and isn't canon are nothing short of on-line brawls at times.

See, this is why it would make sense to have Elizabeth come back in the 4th movie. They wouldn't even need to show Wil, this would be before he shows up in 10 years. This could also be before she has the baby. Before any of that, she joins Barbossa and Jack in search of the Fountain of Life. The whole movie could be about that and all the nuttiness on their way there. As I said it would give better closure for the Wil and Elizabeth storyline. Well, this is just my opinion. Disney, are you taking notes on

this? :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Disney, are you taking notes on

this?  :D

Disney does not take ideas from Fan written stories (Lizzie running off to the fountain of youth with Jack and Hector ) and you neglect the fact the maybe she's done with these films and has no desire to come back for a 4th :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Disney, are you taking notes on

this?  :blink:

Disney does not take ideas from Fan written stories (Lizzie running off to the fountain of youth with Jack and Hector ) and you neglect the fact the maybe she's done with these films and has no desire to come back for a 4th :blink:

This has nothing to do with fan written stories. This has to do with the way they just left Wil and Elizabeth's story like that. It was sucky closure. 1 day for every 10 years. He's immortal and she's not. He can't get out of being Captain unless someone else kills him and takes his place. They can't say their storyline is over, not with all that. And yes, I know how both Keira and Orlando feel about a 4th movie. I just thought if a 4th movie is made it would be best to explain a little more about their storyline instead of just leaving it the way they did.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

This has nothing to do with fan written stories.

Oh.

(Shrug) When you suggested that she might go off with them and look for the fountain of youth, the subject of that online story you posted the link to awhile back, I thought you were refereing to it. My mistake.

Still, I've been made to understand that both Will and Elizabeth are not being invited back in any form of story line.

IF there is a new story line.

I just pass along what I can without violating confidentiality agreements. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

This has nothing to do with fan written stories.

Oh.

(Shrug) When you suggested that she might go off with them and look for the fountain of youth, the subject of that online story you posted the link to awhile back, I thought you were refereing to it. My mistake.

Still, I've been made to understand that both Will and Elizabeth are not being invited back in any form of story line.

IF there is a new story line.

I just pass along what I can without violating confidentiality agreements. :blink:

That was just some story someone wrote. The 3 of them, meaning Barbossa, Elizabeth and Jack drank too much from the fountain and became kids. That was just for fun, not at all meant for future movies.

The only reason why I even brought up Elizabeth going in search of the fountain is because she needs to somehow be immortal like Wil. Since the fountain was mentioned at the end of the 3rd movie it just seemed to be the most logical choice for her. Jack and Barbossa are also going in search of it as well. All this is indicated at the end of the movie.

Oh, well, whatever, who cares that their storyline has flaws. It gives people a reason to talk about this movie then. :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

That was just some story someone wrote. The 3 of them, meaning Barbossa, Elizabeth and Jack drank too much from the fountain and became kids. That was just for fun, not at all meant for future movies.

Oh, well, whatever, who cares that their storyline has flaws. It gives people a reason to talk about this movie then. :blink:

Exactly why I said that fan fiction is not monitored for movie ideas and yeah, couldn't have said it better m'self.

Who cares? :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

That was just some story someone wrote.  The 3 of them, meaning Barbossa, Elizabeth and Jack drank too much from the fountain and became kids.  That was just for fun, not at all meant for future movies.   

Oh, well, whatever, who cares that their storyline has flaws.  It gives people a reason to talk about this movie then.  :huh:

Exactly why I said that fan fiction is not monitored for movie ideas and yeah, couldn't have said it better m'self.

Who cares? :blink:

Yup, it's like with the Austin Powers movie. They had him marry Vanessa, who was supposedly human in the first movie. But then they wanted to scrape the whole married thing in the 2nd movie and make him single again. So, what do they do, make it where Vanessa was a fembot the whole time. I guess her mother from the first movie is a fembot too right? Sheesh! If writers want a storyline to be over and done with they'll do whatever to scrape it, even if there's flaws. It's like what happened here, they just wanted Wil and Elizabeth's storyline to be done. It didn't matter how badly flawed it was as long as it was over. :o

So, if there's a 4th movie, what will we have? More of Jack and Barbossa fighting over the Pearl like they always do? That just keeps going around in circles. They both want to search for the Fountain of Life. Have them both become immortal and they can fight over the ship forever. :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Any idea posted on the internet won't be used...it's some sort of legal thing, and Ted and Terry explain it better in their own words.

A fan posted on their site about a young girl that may play Jack's neice and Ted came on and gruffly said that just guaranteed that Jack will never ever have a niece in any of the movies...never ever...and some fan fic writers were even posting THEIR ideas on Wordplayer and that is NOT the place to do so...People like that just muddle everything up and it's best to keep the fan fic writers in their own worlds...

Not to mention the Sparrowbeth, Turrow, Sparrington, Willabeth and other fan fic writers that have renlentlessly hounded Ted and Terry regarding the not so perfect ending of AWE(Jack and Elizabeth in love with love child)...so much to the point that a fan took a photo of the boy that played Will and Elizabeth's child and a photo of JOHNNY DEPP AS A CHILD, posted it side by side on a website and said-there's the proof that the boy is JACK SPARROW'S CHILD...

Ok we are not dealing with reality here...and that stuff is out there... and people REALLY BELIEVE THIS.....HOW SAD!

a fourth is almost a sure thing...with thoughts of a 5th :blink::blink: ...and I will be saving my pennies to try out as an extra this time. I missed it last time and one of the crew got a part as an extra and it's so exciting to hear of all the wonderful things that happened to her...she earned a little money, got to hang out with the actors and actresses

But the writers strike is taking presidence right now so hopefully that will be settled for all that are involved...It's been too long...

kttcsignature.jpg

But the writers strike is taking presidence right now so hopefully that will be settled for all that are involved...It's been too long...

Yes....

And the majority of the 63 people I've laid off over the last week and half could care less about a Pirate movie. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif