New AWE DVD...

Iron Bess

(Chuckle) Are you guys so busy watching that no one has had time to post what they like? Hate? Despise?

I thought SURE that the Lady Barbossa would have had a comment about the *You blew my hat off you *****!* Blooper :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second go around watching it. I was hoping for more. After what they did for LOTR and some of the comments you had made about Norrington, I was really hoping they would pack it with more piratey goodness. Still love the movie!

I really don't like the fact that there is an extended Anatomy of a scene: Maelstrom on the blue-ray edition... Still running on the old format until they decide what format to use...

Kinda off note, it's hard to watch Norrington and take him seriously after watching the show Coupling on BBC America. He use to have that stuck air about him, just can't get past his comic antics in Coupling. :lol:

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

Kinda off note, it's hard to watch Norrington and take him seriously after watching the show Coupling on BBC America. He use to have that stuck air about him, just can't get past his comic antics in Coupling.  :lol:

He really is a funny, funny man.... nice to see him in an element that shows off his comedy skill :huh:

And yeah.... it sucks that the Blu Ray has so much more on it. Still... it would play on a reg DVD player, just without the 3D effects for those that really want all that other.... :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Chain Shot just brought it home last night, and we haven't had a chance to watch it yet — will start tonight. I was also kinda hoping they would do the LOTRs detail with the special features, but no such luck.

And Bess, thanks. You answered a question Chain Shot and I had about the Blue Ray. We didn't know if it would play on a regular DVD player. So, you could start collecting the Blue Ray DVDs while waiting for the cost of the Blue Ray player to go down? :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

We already have HDTV, so I hope it wins the war! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Just keep an eye on the DVD Format war. The industry still doesn't know if it'll be Blue Ray or HD. I wish they'd make up their minds already...

They have. They decided to make you choose a side. I choose the right side... Blu Ray! And now I'm off to finish watching the most amazing Pirates of the WhatsitPlace 3 in style!!!

But just between you and me... I really can't wait to pick up Cars on Blu Ray!!! Cars rocks!!!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

(Chuckle) Are you guys so busy watching that no one has had time to post what they like? Hate? Despise?

I thought SURE that the Lady Barbossa would have had a comment about the *You blew my hat off you *****!* Blooper  ;)

:D

That was very good! Course so were the other bloopers by Rush:

"NAY! B'lay that!" pause... "Do somethin' else!"

or how's about "Beckett Cutler... err, otherwise known as Cutler Beckett"

Was ill all yesterday and sleep a lot. What time I didn't sleep and work I watched AWE. :D Especially the Special Features.

Now, the one I found hilarious but rather wanting to give ol' Rush a hug was the Deleted Scene "Two Captains, one ship". Did Johnny apologize non-stop after that? LOL... Rush looked like he was in a world of pain. Poor thing.

Most interesting information about Barbossa, though. Though what was also interesting in the leaflet in the 2-disc that has the question and answers bit. It mentioned that Barbossa's story had yet to be told. Ditto with Elizabeth and Will.

Ooooo... I'm curious.

As to Barbossa's story... very cool. Makes a few things easy enough to link between the Lady and Barbossa. :D

I'm watching it again and again and again. ;) My need for more Barbossa is.. insatiable! :::Evil, hungry grinz:::

I'm enjoyin' EVERY minute of it, Bess!

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Now, the one I found hilarious but rather wanting to give ol' Rush a hug was the Deleted Scene "Two Captains, one ship". Did Johnny apologize non-stop after that? LOL... Rush looked like he was in a world of pain. Poor thing.

Fear not.... while that little bit of business was not scripted it was *staged* so no harm done.

Yet. :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Okay, watched the Special Features last night. Loved them all. Biggest dissappointment? Not enough! They were more like teasers than features. Cripes, they could do a whole disc just on the costumes, and all we got was a short bit on Teague's coat.

Very awesome bit about the huge warehouse used to set up the maelstrom scene. And I like the funny bit about the props people having to carve out the Code book because Keith couldn't lift it to turn the page.

And I REALLY want a poster of Sao Feng's map. Better still, a working replica. Bess, any such thing in the works, or out there already? It was truly amazing. :huh:

Tonight, we watch the movie...again! :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I despises that the bloody package says "Do not open til Dec 25th" ;)

Hello!!!

PIRATE!!!!! ;) (open the bloody thing and re wrap it!)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Staged? Ahhh... good. It was an excellent scene.

I was expecting a couple other deleted scenes though, too. Such as the one where Norrington apparently explains to Gov Swann about the Heart of Davy Jones and shows him the heart. Oh, well.

I admit, I am pleased with what there is. Good amount of features. And at least this one has deleted scenes.

I hear ye, Ransom! The costumes are fantastic and better yet, the Navigational Charts would be a fantastic addition to a pirate collection! I know a couple PotC Cosplayers who are making an attempt if not wanting to make that chart.

Absolutely fun.

However, I'm about to hit m'dad as he can't seem to shut up during the film. Likewise with my sister's kids. Really spoils the fun, the understand of the plot, etc. ;)

~Lady B

;)

I'll second that vote for Cars!!!

My kids love that movie as much as I do. Everytime my boys see an old car, they call it Doc Huzz'n!! Katchow!!

As far as AWE goes.... I love the fact they went to the Orient and I also loved the final battle... Sure it was out of control... But it was fun!!

Now.... Without pointing a finger... I really REALLY hated the whole desert and the multiple Jacks....

Hold your fire! And let me explain....

OUCH!

I SAID HOLD YER FIRE!!!

Jack is a very over bearing character... Let's face it! But a crew of them is way too many. Also in the first two movies he made very good entrances.... To start with the tip of his nose was a mistake. The entire desert scene and the crabs were unneeded...

1.) crew scrambles onto the beach...

2.) I don't see Jack... Blah blah..

3.) WIcked jack is closer than??? (As the crabs are scurrying)

4.) Dom Dom DOM!! Down he rides on the pearl, without wasting ten minutes on an acid trip.... Besides, they touch on the fact he dosen't believe he's in the Locker or they're there.... I just think there should have been something else more hideous....

The locker was supposed to be a horrible place.... Such as an endless sea of rum bottles, only each of them are empty??? or being repeatedly slapped by all the women he has ever slighted... Who knows

JMHO!

OK fire away

Oh and I think it was a waste of a character to have killed off and hardly used Norrington. He was a main character in two movies only to have him get killed by a Will's father??? C-mon now.... They even figured out how to use the two goofball guards!!!

Again JMHO

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

What!?!

RATS!

No mention of Barbossa?!?!! B)

;)

Oh, come now, Rats! You enjoyed that bit of leg from Elizabeth (that most folks swear is NOT Keira's leg at all).

~Lady B

B)

Who Hector??? He made the movie worth watching!!!

I almost liked seeing all the different characters more than all the Jacks... Maybe I'm just a bit fed up with all the repros at the events???

I loved the battle and the wedding vows....OK so it was a bit over the top, but C-mon.. It was good heroic stuff!!!!

Now let's talk about Miss Knightly....... B) Then again I've always been a sucker for the girl next door... B)

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I hate to say it, but...I agree with Rats on the desert scene. Jack could have made his great entrance into the movie per usual just sailing onto the beach with the others standing around with their collective jaws dropped. I also agree with Rat's opinion about Norrington, especially as he was one of my favorite characters. Yeah, he had to pay the price for picking the wrong side, but he redeemed himself in the end, so no need to bump him off in such a tacky way.

LOVED the battle scene where all the pirates hoist their colors. Makes you want to leap off the couch and cheer. :huh:

And this is a totally girly thing, but...where did they get all that kewl china? I've been lusting after the cups they showed at the start of the second move (with rain plinking into them). In both the second and third movies, where did they find those lovely sherry/port glasses and decanters? Would I need to take a Spanish galleon full of gold to afford any of it? :rolleyes::lol::huh:

And this to Disney...bring out a special costume disc. Show us the details, the fabrics, the patterns, the concept drawings, the accessories, the shoes/boots, the...well, everything. Trust me, if they did, it would sell like hotcakes! JMHO :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Agreed, Ransom.

Then we wouldn't have all the Cosplayers and Costumers out there wouldn't be doing their worst to prove they were exact and correct on the PotC costume they are making when in fact it's not yet there.

Oh, well.

But seeing more about the outfits would be fantastic. Hell, not sure what I'd do but would LOVE to know those Penny Rose secrets!

Hehehe.... Aye, most true, Rats. Hector made the movie. :unsure: Was (and still am) thrilled beyond imagination over Hector's scenes.

Always considered him the rightful owner of the Black Pearl. Seems a more befitting ship for him than Jack.

Aye, there be a LOT of Jack replicas out there. But so few of them out there who can really pull him off. Kids like him, can't argue with that. But that's ok... give me Hector any day! :unsure:

And LOVE learning more about this wily ol' Pirate Lord.

~Lady B

:unsure:

I finally got round to watching the part of the movie I like (everything after the pointless (story-wise) Singapore stuff up to the Calypso release (if they make a fourth one, PLEASE tell them to write this character out of the script)) and I concur: Rush made this movie. He was awesome. His nuances were awesome. I, OTOH, did like the introduction of Jack, especially after Iron Bess explained that he was not insane, he was evaluating his character in the "multi-Jack" scenes. Plus the stone crabs are one of my favorite things in this part of the movie (even if they are linked to Calypso).

I haven't got to the extras yet. Maybe next week. (I've borrowed the second season of McHale's Navy and am enjoying those just now.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Still haven't gotten over my dissapointment from #2. Can't bring meself to put up funds for the third installment. Those long drawn out sequences that went really too long and "overboard" on special effects and Davy Jones's seafood buffet crew just ruined the whole thing for me. :huh:

I did stop to watch a segment while it was playing at the store the other day where Barbossa was railing to all the crews and a huge fight broke out. I may have to watch it sometime, but #2 really dissapointed me.

Bo

I'll continue to watch the first one over and over though.

Should watch At World's End at least once, Bo. If only for Barbossa. There be a few scenes in there - each on of them with Barbossa - that make it all worth while.

And as we've mentioned... it's Barbossa's return that made the movie. :huh:

Then again, I was about to punch the daylights out of my dad when he came to visit and we all sat down to watch the movie. The vast majority of the time watching was listening to him call the movie "stupid" amoung other things... which ruined the magic of it and got the kids all obnoxious to where they kept picking on each other and so on and so forth. Never did finish watching it. Nope... up and left eventually... with my movie. Cause apparently no one was watching.

PotC takes a childlike imagination and interest. One will never get it if they haven't that child within them. It's meant to be fun. And I don't know onekid who has seen it and doesn't like it.

~Lady B

:huh:

LadyB... I am as much a kid as my 7&9 yr. olds when it comes to movies! :huh:

But THEY won't sit through #2 either! ("That Konch shell dude just sucks!" says the 9 yr. old! and "How long does it take that monster to eat somebody?... and they didn't hear it from ME either. :huh: )

I hope that there ain't alot of that in #3. Maybe when it hits the discount bin I'll pick one up, but not likely.

Bo

The bonus features are really well done and give you a profound respect for the craftsmanship and attention to detail these POTC movies have received. But it's also kind of sad to watch, because in the end all that effort in the details is worthless when the storyline is full of holes and all but impossible to make sense of. I can't tell you how many non-pirate friends and relatives of mine have talked about how long, drawn out and needlessly complex P2 and P3 were. Such a shame.

newbannersigtar0db.gif