The Winter Holiday's

I'm gathering tonight with my family at my Mom's lake cabin in northern Minnesota. My brothers and sister-in-law are here now, and we've all been snacking, playing video games and watching movies. We'll have Christmas Eve supper in an hour or so -- the same supper as we had as kids. Oyster stew, lefse, Swedish meatballs, lutefisk (yes, I eat lutefisk) and rommegrot for dessert. Ya sure, ye betcha, it doesn't get any more Minnesota than this :lol: . There is snow on the ground and ice on the lake, lights on the tree and a fire in the fireplace. I couldn't be happier.

I hope all of you are making wonderful memories tonight. Merry Christmas!

A bunch of us pirates invaded the local Trader Vic's for Christmas Eve. We stayed in the bar and ate mass quantities of appetizers and drank lots of hot rum drinks. In fact, they ran out of skull cups! (Heh.)

Then we went home and Jack and I exchanged our gifts. Jack got me some WONDERFUL things, including an antique tool chest that had belonged to an Alaskan tug boat captain and it was filled with antique sail making and marine carpentry tools, including a couple of pieces from the Napoleonic era. (The other thing I collect besides wooden boxes is antique tools.)

On Christmas morning, we went to my folks' place for brunch, exchanged gifts with them and then went on a long walk. Now we're at home, relaxing.

It's been a very good Christmas.

RHJMap.jpg