Cry for Help

Will Fiddle

The HMCA site has some great weapons information, as to Gentleman of Fortune. The lads usually for the the sharp killing things, and I think they could do some good powerpoint presentation of what was used for killing and why it was used.

Some not fun time though as we will have to discuss (and enforce) rules about using images, quotes, and ideas from websites. But that is part of academics, Stealing from others is OK as long as you tell everyone what and from whom you have stolen your goods. Kind of like the bragging rights of getting anything from the Manila Treasure fleet.

I do like the image of freshmen fighting with cutlasses on the spiral stairs in Lentz Hall, but the president of the college might object to the practice of putting students in lethal hazards. :D

Your most and obliged humble servant,

William Dezoma

I do like the image of freshmen fighting with cutlasses on the spiral stairs in Lentz Hall, but the president of the college might object to the practice of putting students in lethal hazards. 

It's not puting students in lethal hazards, it's high-stakes academic research. How are students supposed to understand what weapons pirates used, if they never have to choose which one to defend their life with?

Coastie <_<

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I want to provide my students with a good general primer on pirates.

I am thinking of something by Cordingly, but he has written so many books that are so similar... Recommendations?

Or should I lecture the basics and have them focus their readings on primary texts? Thinking about it I am leaning that way now, though input on a general primer (perhaps like Jennifer Marx's book) would be welcome.

Your most and obliged humble servant,

William Dezoma