Pirate Haiku

:ph34r:

Avast

I tip me cup

To toast yer good leg

It slips out of me hook

Argh

:ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

*Sniff*

That was beautiful. Now ye brought a tear to me glass eye, lass.

It does make one curious though...Arrr, I be ponderin'.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

This one, for high seas combat:

Sweeter than flowers,

The cry of wounded sailors

and that brimstone stink.

<_<

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Gigantic Headwear

matches me pirate ego

and a new felt hat.

<_<

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Size seven and five-eighths

no feather or trim; black felt

with a five-inch brim.

<_<

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Visiting my folks,

all of us are going out,

Now I must shower.

Later.

<_<

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Can anybody explain the parameters for Haiku, for those who want to give it a go?

It's a contemplative poetry that valorizes nature, color, season, contrasts and surprises. Usually it has 3 lines and 17 syllabes distributed in 5, 7 and 5. It must register or indicate a moment, sensation, impression or drama of a specific fact of nature. It's almost like a photo of some specific moment of nature.

More than inspiration, it's need meditation, effort and perception to compose a real Haiku.

Pirated from:

The Art of Haiku Poetry

So, wondering about one's lineage would apply in the nature category, I presume?

This mountain is mine!

The seasonal theme.

Each Haiku must contain a kigo, a season word, which indicate in which season the Haiku is set. For example, cherry blossoms indicate spring, snow indicate winter, and mosquitoes indicate summer, but the season word isn't always that obvious.

No blossoms and no moon,

and he is drinking sake

all alone!

could tranlate to:

No sails and no moon

and he is drinking rum

all alone!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

My friend snores loud;

she dreams of snow falling fast.

Good paths on your way.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

This one, for high seas combat:

Sweeter than flowers,

The cry of wounded sailors

and that brimstone stink.

:huh:

Actually, Bloody Jack Madd was the first one to get it right.

And it's quite lovely, too coming from such a, uh, hmmm, anyway, it was pretty.

**flips BJM something really special ( your choice of prize )**

This mountain is mine!

Thank ye, Lady Bassett. Such fine words warm me heart. And on a side note, I've recovered from my disease. Mostly.

:huh::huh:

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Or should I say:

Dear Lady Bassett,

Your gentle words warm me heart

And now I am well.

High-koodle-oo :huh:

- Capt. Joshua Slocum