Ahoy there!

Mad Jack Morgan

I give ye all good day...evening...morning...whatever it may be. Not quite sure meself ya know...its the rum. I be Jack Morgan. Mad Jack as somes calls me. (Use a Guvner for target practice once or twice and people suddenlys think you mad!)

So open the casks and have a round on me and tells me whats doing?

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

:huh: Another Mad Jack.

Welp, welcome nonetheless, Mr Morgan. Eager t' hear yo'r stories. And thank ye fo' th' rum.

I'll take th' offer of rum... then I'll have an Irish Cream, please. ;) And whatever drink that I'll leave ye to decide. :huh:

Ye've found no finer place for carousin' with likeminded lot than here on th' Pub! :huh:

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank ye for the welcome, Lady Barbossa and Jacky Tar. The drinks be my pleasure.

A bit more 'bout meself you say? Well there was the weekend in Port Royale with the constable's daughter, but she was much more wild than any story I could tell. Then there was the week in Tortuga, but some things are best left unsaid, if you take me meaning. Of course there was the month...maybe two...I spent in Madagascer....if I ever make it back...

But the story that I stick to these days is that I'm a simple man, just trying to make my way in the wide world. Landlocked in the prairie sea, I'd say I venture the middle ground between Hollywood and authentic, and tend to cruise the local Ren Faires. I love the history of the pirates, and to tell the truth of it, even if contradicts meself at times. However I've always loved the imagery of the Wyeth and Pyle paintings; the swashbuckling of Flynn's 'Captain Blood'; the campiness of 'Yellowbeard' and 'The Pirate Movie'; and of course the eye candy and fantasy of 'Pirates of the Caribbean'...Barbossa rules, I say!

I'm currently trying to form up a crew o' like minded scallywags round these parts and to start doing things as a group, but it's been slow going. Hoping to change that over the coming winter months.

But now me tankards run dry and I think I need to filler back up sez I!

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

Ahoy there, mate! Make mine a mojito with a little extra lime. Whereabouts are ye settled? Not anywheres near Texas, are ye? There be a group already started with members from all over Texas called The Brotherhood of the Gulf. Which faires do ye attend?

Blackbead

Master of The Adventure Fantasy

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Thank ya!

I currently call Omaha me home port and consider the Renaissance Faire of the Midlands in Council Bluffs, IA me "home" faire, though I also try to hit the Nebraska Ren Faire, Des Moines, Riverssance and KCRF. I have heard rumors of something piratey happening up here next October though.... We was gonna try to hit the St Louis Pirate Fest next year, but me first mate and I (ie: wife, heh) decided to forgo that so's we could go to Pyrate Con instead.

blank.jpg

Ahhh... a gent who sides with Barbossa. ;) Ye be more than grand in m' eyes, mate! Warm's m' black heart it does.

T'was a gent who was on here not but a couple months ago lookin' fo' some folks and a crew in the Omaha area (lest that be ye).

I pray at least we cross paths someday then, Morgan.

Pray tell, what be th' name of thy vessel? I be workin' on m'own crew to man th' Resurrection. I would be honored t' call ye as an Ally.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Nay, that werent me. I posted in the seeking pirates thread he did, hoping he'll see.

Our courses may cross sometime. It seems a big world, but at times a small ocean, and ye never know whose wake you'll be crossin.

And speakin o' wakes and courses, our humble ship is called the Valkyrie, an ode to the pirate of old, the Vikings, as it were. Consider the Valkyrie a friend indeed, should we come to share some sea someday.

blank.jpg

“Come in the evening, or come in the morning; Come when you're looked for, or come without warning.”-Thomas Osborne Davis -

Welcome to the Pub!

LadyBarbossa there is a shot called Irish Pirate/Seaman made with Spiced Rum and Irish Cream....it is quite delectible. :huh:

A warm welcome to ya Master Morgan, from one pirate of the Southern Tall Grass (Prairie) Seas to another. Perhaps our paths did cross at RFotM or Canterbury (KCRF) in years past and we knew it not.

Here's to hoping we get the invite from the Mayor and Harbormaster to sail back to RFotM in the coming summer.

Until then, fair seas an' followin' winds to ya

Cap'n Emerald

O' The Salty Kiss

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Thank ye Cap'n Emerald. Yer most likely right in our path crossin and not knowin...have to be more watchful me thinks next year. And here's a mug raised to the future of RFotM! Hope to be a part of it someday, I do.

Ahhh! Here's a friend for ye, pyrateleather! How be, matey? Aye, ye pegged it. That photo was indeed taken on yer front porch. Damn me eyes but its good to see ye here. Let me fill yer mug from me own special bottle! Much like the weekend we spent in yer shop with Bloody Mary keepin ye warm with the Pyrat! Haha!

blank.jpg

your pics are a right bit familiar.. I think we shared some rum or sometin at Riversance a time back, and your first mate.. aye she's a sweet one!

I was hiding in a tent all weekend, trying to avoid a Governor I 'borrowed' gold from. I think I was next door to ya.. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

.. I think we shared some rum or sometin at Riversance a time back....

Aye, that's possible! I'm all about sharin rum, you see!

blank.jpg

Barbossa rules, I say!

eye shall toast ye to thet ! Well met indeed..

Good to hear ye formin ah group.. B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

A bit late, my apologies... Welcome to the pub!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thank ye both, Cap'n Sterling and Master Eye.

We're trying to form up one, aye, Master Eye. Slow going it seems though....

blank.jpg

Master Morgan.. send me an email and I"ll steer ye in the right direction.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg