Shoes! & Boots!

Mary Diamond

Well for boots, hard to find a better price so for that fantasy look you really are getting quite a bargain.... and as far as the buckled shoes... you couldn't ask for something better for really foul weather or for getting newbies on the field quickly... one of our newbies wore a pair at a judged, juried event and NOT one expert noticed the difference. You have to be pretty much right on top of them to tell so until you can afford that really expensive pair, these are the perfect starter pair... I would certainly recommend them for folks wanting to get out and start playing right away... and kids... hell who wants to spend 100 dollars or more on a pair of shoes they will outgrow in two events??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

Just wore my 17th century shoes this past weekend for 11 hours.

The condition of the ground was wet, hard packed in some areas and very muddy in others.

As far as the comfort went, I had no problems! Note, As Mary Diamond did state, a shoe horn is needed to help get the shoes on.

Overall...I am very happy with them!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Just recieved my pair o shoes in the post this day an well pleased I be. No shoe horn required for me but to each thier own needs be. As long as they are correct for a starter kit they seem absolutly wonderful....Thank ye kindly Mary lass looking foreward to hearing about the boots.

ye ship's potter,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Ah, a mere 14 hours later, and my dear Husband and I are back home.

Thank you, indeed, Cheeky, for your excellent "real-world" report!

And I am glad you are happy with your shoes, as well, Salty ~ I will be contacting you privately shortly.

All interested parties ~ if you would be so kind as to contact me by Sunday evening, I would be most appreciative. I will be out of town, and, therefore, unavailable again, Thursday, November 1 through Tuesday, November 6.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 weeks later...

Right. Where were we?

After a few days home, I left to attend the Lockhouse event, and am now back, and ready to send in the order for shoes. Any folks interested in placing a last-minute order, please contact myself directly via e-mail (my pm folder is almost full).

YHS,

Mary

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I would LOVE to buy a pair of the shoes!! I'm just getting into the thread now so where do I send me cheque??

If you still have any in men's size M (10-11, I believe?) then drop me an email at blackbeads_tc@yahoo.com and tell me where to send me ducats. And THANK YOU!!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Good Afternoon, and Thank You for Your Interest!

Presently, I do not have any shoes that are not spoken for. The first order has already been placed ~ I need a minimum of 5 pair per order, or a $10 fee applies per pair.

Would there be 3 folk in need of buckle shoes or boots? If so, please do speak up, that Capt H and Blackbeard might get their shoes.

YHS,

Mary

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

LAST CALL for PIP SHOES!

I require all Last Minute Orders for PiP by Monday morning, November 19.

PLEASE NOTE:

I am honored by the Kind Patronage of the Pub, however, my Messenger is Full. Please contact me directly via e-mail for all Buckle Shoe and Leather Boot inquiries.

YHS,

Mary

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning!

We are back from Pirates in Paradise, and I have a few shoe orders to send out today. I personally wore my brand new buckle shoes for 3 days, and am thrilled with them ~ they saved my toes!

IN REVIEW: While there, shoes also went to Harry Smid, William Red Wake, and Mission. William noted that he absolutely required an insole for the shoes, there being a heel staple located under the manufacturers tag inside the shoe. Mission also required insoles. Neither Harry nor myself required insoles, and didn't have a problem with the staple, though we both felt a little something there. So, there you have it ~ each person will be a little different. People with existing foot concerns should count on needing an insole.

For the Lurkers out there ~

Please note that ALL Men's Size Small & Medium are SOLD OUT. Earliest possible re-stock is June 2008.

LIMITED QUANTITIES of Men's Large and Extra Large are still available. All sizes (6-12) Ladies Buckle Shoes are still available.

I will be placing one last order for this year, so please place your orders with myself ASAP, via e-mail.

Leather Boots are Backordered (Overseas Manufacturing & Customs delaying the process!), though they are scheduled to arrive this week (again). I apologize for the delay, and will ship as soon as they arrive to me.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

In review, the shoes looked wonderful. For a costume shoe of man made materials, you will probably do no better. The look for the money is perfect, and since shoes are always difficult to come by, I can recommend them as a first time shoe for those who cannot afford the more expensive alternatives.

That said, get a cushioned insert. An insole is a must. You don't want to find out at the end of a very long day that you needed one. Just get one. That's an order.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Ahoy there, lasses and lads!

I bought me a pair of these here fine shoes and I did NOT need an insert! I wore them at a Christmas show that I did at my wife's place of work. I was on me feet all day long and they felt fine! THey look narrow at first but I be thinking that is a mirage (optical illusion) brought on by how high the tongue sits. THey are NOT buckled shoes but they look lik a pair. THe "buckle" on one of mine popped off in shipment but was easy as pie to repair. Suffice it to say that I'm an objective buyer and that I am very happy with these shoes for the price. THey ain't the real thing but from a distance they look good and they fit me as well as the shoes I wear to work everyday!! I be one happy shoe-wearing buccaneer!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."