Pirates Raid the Lockhouse in Maryland

blackjohn

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the first battle to begin around 11ish. I believe the "door" opens at 10.

If you are going to show, why not show up late and hang out with us for the evening festivities. There are some rumors, though they are probably only rumors, of a vampire hunting LARP in the woods that night! Even if that doesn't come to pass, you know you want to sit around the fire with a bunch of drunken pirates telling tales and singing songs.

Oh yeah.. packing wooden stakes! Have a entire bag full!!! Gee do vampires take fright when set upon at night by pirates armed with some serious black powder?

Oi Silkie, m'dear, check yer emails Lady!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

greatmoments001.jpg

Oh I like this one... the Pirate Brethren running away! B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Tis a pitty your "Cutter" will not be able to attend, BlackJohn.

Though, I was only able to chat with him briefly last year, I did enjoy his company and he was A-#1 upon the field. His timing and actions were wonderful!

Please let him know that he will be missed!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Fret not Silkie,

The Captain and the grommets should be there about 4:30 pm or 5:30 pm...

As for Mad Mary and Maddogge....perhaps about the same time.

More like 9... I have to pick you up at the airport first

Crewe of the Archangel

We had a great time, BlackJohn - and thank you for having us! We look forward to it...safe trip home to those who are still traveling.

I want to particularly praise you, ma'am. You looked great, in a very correct for what we are trying to do way, and I appreciate the effort very much. That, and your willingness to join in a scenario and get dirty and have some fun, makes you a credit to the hobby.

While driving home I came up with an improved "Irate Husband" scenario. It'll work much better than the "winging it" version I came up with there.

So, til next year!

:lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Ihadagrandtime!Thankyou all so much fo being so welcoming!  I learned so much and I can't wait to spend more time with each of you!

While I'm handing out praise, for someone who is a relative newcomer to this, I have to say I was impressed with what you turned out with in the way of kit. You looked really good. Keep up the good work!

My Home on the Web

I want to particularly praise you, ma'am. You looked great, in a very correct for what we are trying to do way, and I appreciate the effort very much. That, and your willingness to join in a scenario and get dirty and have some fun, makes you a credit to the hobby.

While driving home I came up with an improved "Irate Husband" scenario. It'll work much better than the "winging it" version I came up with there.

So, til next year!

Such kind words, BlackJohn! I cannot thank you enough for them...especially from a man such as yourself. :lol: (Look! Ya made Bess blush, Master BlackJohn!)

I have been trying to strive for ‘the ‘right look’ of authenticity’ along with collecting historical information for my personas since the fall of 2005.

I know I still have a quite a ways to go and a TON of information to learn, but I cannot thank you enough for your gracious encouragement and kudos for my effort.

As for joining in on the fun, BlackJohn - I'm your gal!

Need not be afraid that I will not take on the task. I have done my share of prat-falls, brain-storming and skits, improv and getting dirty - which is the best part of it.

I would love to hear your new improved skit for the Irate Husband/Wife skit. I was also thinking of Bess doing a bit of diving next time around. This of course would work out wonderfully if she finds herself on the Pirates side again.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ihadagrandtime!Thankyou all so much fo being so welcoming!  I learned so much and I can't wait to spend more time with each of you!

It was wonderful to meet you and spend the time with you, Silkie. I am sure you'll have a wonderful time of it at PIP. And if you have trouble putting on your stays...you'll know who to ask for help with them! (Cough,...Cough...Right Maddogge!)

Cheeky

Member of "The Forsaken"

Having done this event umpteen times now, and considering I don't really like breaking a camera out during public hours, the only pics I took were of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Tents! Those folk have spent some serious money (and time) on their tentage. They served up one tastey banquet!

I'm sure a bunch will turn up on Becky's photo site ere long...

http://public.fotki.com/BeckyFitz/susqueha...living_history/

My Home on the Web

I have only a few "pre-event" photos from this past weekend. I am sorry that they are not the best quality.

Here are just a few shots.

The Encampment of those lovely folks from the F&I Era!

theencampment.jpg

The Snotties and Maddogge fooling about

AnnajoshClintplayingabout.jpg

Bess tending the fire with Master Merriweather looking on...

Bessjoshworkingfire.jpg

And of Course...BlackJohn!

Johnnyonthespot.jpg

Member of "The Forsaken"