Wot are you drinkin' right now....

Patrick Hand

Hot buttered rum! Again! Cheers!

Maybe after this one, I'll go back for seconds using your recipe.

There's another variation that replaces the hot water with hot cider.

And... there's a new variation that replaces the hot cider with hot hard cider!!!

:D

(and now I think it is time to start rolling cartridges...)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

methinks coffee soon, less me ears are decieving me :D

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Well Maeve started talking about hot chocolate...then coffee...

damn. now I need a coffe :unsure:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Thinking about having some Kahlua over ice.....

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Raspberry White Iced Tea

I am quite enjoying a warm Drambuie and cider right now....just perfect for the cold, wet day.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night we had hot vodka, apple juice, honey, cinnamon stick and a bit of lemon zest...whoah the fourth cup was a good as the first :(;)

warm mulled cider red wine

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Hot Chocolate with a wee bit of Kahlua.

Last night, I made myself a "Gin Sunrise". In a tall glass with ice, I added a good strong slug of gin, then half-filled the glass with pineapple juice, then topped it up with tangerine-orange juice, then gave a gentle stir. Finally, I carefully poured in some syrup from a bottle of marachino cherries and let it sink to the bottom.

All this fuss because I was out of frozen margerita mix. :D

Edited by Hester
pirate-jenny-text.jpg

It's just after breakfast, so I'm being good and drinking organic green tea with mango flavouring.

Tonight and tomorrow night, I'm going to a couple parties that have open bars -- the very simple kind that don't make exotic cocktails. So, I've been trying to decide what I should drink. Usually, I go for a gin & tonic in such situations, but I rather overdid it at one such party earlier this fall, so G&Ts aren't quite as appealing now. [Of course, I really shouldn't have combined the G&Ts with Corona and then margeritas when I realized those were on offer too. Ah well, live & learn!]

Rum & Coke would be a good choice, because it tends to be rather easy on my stomach. But if I have several of those in an evening, the caffeine will keep me up all night. (And bars don't tend to stock caffeine-free cola.) Not a big fan of ginger ale or 7-Up as mixers, either. Also, I'm trying to watch my weight, so sugary mixers aren't a great idea in the first place. [And I can't tolerate the aspartame in diet pop.] Wine sours my stomach. Beer makes me belch. And bars never stock Pimm's! :blink:

So, sticking with rum (which I probably shouldn't chug straight up at family and corporate events), that seems to leave only one possible mixer: club soda. And hey, with a wedge of lime, that sounds rather nice, actually. Pyrate that I am, I prefer dark rum, so I think I'll call this concoction a "Storm Cloud". ;)

And since it won't be sweet, I'll likely sip it more slowly. Which should make it less likely that I'll get blotto and embarrass myself. Mr. H.'s company Xmas party lasts 7 whole hours! SEVEN HOURS with an open bar! [Okay, they do close the bar briefly during dinner, but then they bring out wine.] Hopefully, my sister's "Renewal of Vows Cocktail Party" tonight won't last quite as long, since I feel obligated to stay to the end.

So, okay, here's my game-plan to survive two consecutive nights of open-bar parties with my dignity intact:

1. Drink only "Storm Clouds" -- dark rum, club soda & lime.

2. Sip slowly.

3. Have a virgin club soda between each actual drink.

4. Check that the bartenders are not pouring doubles (the way they did last year to increase the company's liquor tab).

5. Do not drink wine with dinner. (It always sours my stomach and doesn't mix with rum.)

6. Do not sit with boring people at dinner. (Becase then I will be seriously tempted to drink the wine anyway.)

7. When toasting the happy couple, sip only enough bubbly to be polite.

8. Do not swig Guinness with Phil, even if the bar stocks it!

9. Do not drink Bailey's with my 87-year-old mother.

10. Take a pass on the flaming sambucas at midnight! (Lots of people sans eyebrows the next day.)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Well, by following the 10 simple rules above, I did survive the two consecutive nights of open-bar parties with my dignity intact -- huzzah!

The "Storm Cloud" cocktails tasted quite nice. Although in retrospect I think I should have named this drink "Fizzy Grog".

Okay, well, I did cheat a bit on rule # 3. And I was very tempted to break rule #8, because the bar actually did stock Guinness (and Phil was sitting just behind me at the next table). I stayed to watch the Sambuca ritual at midnight, but did not personally participate. In any case, it was tamer than previous years, because they didn't actually light the liqueur on fire this time. (I thought it was due to fire regulations, but apparently it was simply because they didn't have the right size shot glass.)

This morning [oh, wait, it's afternoon now!], I'm drinking strong cups of tea. :P

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hot Eggsnogg

In coffee mug mix:

2/3 egg nogg

1/3 half & half

Nuke to warm, then add...

Big shot of Tattoo

:P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yesterday to celebrate my grades, Meyers new "Legend" ten year old. Not bad at all. It ain't Sea Wynde or Ron Zacapa, but it is much smoother than the commercial stuff. This morning, Navy coffee which is 90% towards expresso, and can be used to remove paint, kill bugs and vermin, or as defense against the enemy too! (even my friends won't drink my coffee!)

Bo