A Report from Pirates in Paradise

hurricane

This year's festival is just wrapping up - what an amazing experience working and meeting pirates and wenches from all over the country. For anyone making pirate plans for 2004, put this event on your calendar, particularly the last weekend which includes the Thieves Market and Encampment, sea battles and more than 150 piratical types roaming the streets of Key West. Shopkeepers and bars love the pirates here and the event is first class.

If you didn't get a chance to make it this year do plan on it for next - even if it's the only festival you attend. The weather is perfect and this is truly pirate paradise. Stay tuned to piratesinparadise.com as we begin work on next year's event. And thanks to all that we met here, particularly festival director Julie, Bawdy B, Jamaica Rose, Cascabel and Raven, Spyder/Black Caesar, the members othe West Coast Mutineers, the Port Royal Privateers, Red Ned and the Rusty Cutlasses for jamming with us - the list could go on endlessly. Oh, and a special thanks to Jimmy Buffett and his pickup band for a great concert at Margaritaville...

See you all next year.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

This year's festival is just wrapping up -

See you all next year.

Been watchin this plander for THE events to mark on the calender for 2004--and it seems from all aboard that is is a MUST DO??

Same time I gather, and bring plunder and a thirst?

If we brace off now, with this old decrepit frigate--me thinks the St. Vitas Dance might make it with time to spare.

And other recommendations from the brethren on THE MUST DO events for 2004---and being a damn fine certified safe six pound gunner---any needing spare crew too man the riggin, or just add color, let hail,

Andre LeClerc

willing and able

seamen of the

St. Vitas Dance

file.jpg

"When in the midst of heaving, shipboard fightin, my old pappie use to say----If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

As for shopkeeper wares, there was a wide assortment of leather goods, clothing, specialties, swords and other weaponry, authentic replicas of period letters of marque, etc., corsets, capes, accessories - an amazing array all geared toward pirates. There is also a great new store in town that was the source of many pirate and wench outfits during the week.

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

This was my first "Pirates In Paradise" festival, and my first time to Key West. I had the most fun ever! It is nearly impossible to explain to people how phenomenal the whole experience was.

Thanks to the Pyrates of the Coast crew, and to all the great pirates I met at the event.

I am looking forward to next year.

Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I had a fantastic time at the PIP Festival this year!

Not only did I get married to Bob the Swab (12/6), but I also met Cascabel, Jamaica Rose an' her Cap'n, Red Ned Lynch, Nasty Nate, Braze, Spyder, Captain Luigi, Hurricane, Dark Rose (& Thomas), Sheila, Stynky and numerous others.

There were so many things to do, and not nearly enough money to spend, so unfortunately, we didn't get to do 1/3 of the things we wanted to do! Next year, we'll have to budget better.

We also got to see a secret, impromptu Jimmy Buffet concert at Margaritaville Cafe! Thanks Pirate Ann!

Even though there was a wee bit of rain while we were there, it didn't dampen our spirits. As a matter of fact, we just skipped into a nice little bar on Duval Street and tossed back some spirits!

Special thanks go out to Dark Rose, Thomas, Pirate Ann, Sheila and Stynky for making our trip to the Keys great!

;)

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Aww, methinks I'm sad it's nearly over, even if I didn't go. Jus' knowin' real pyrates are out there somewhere, playin' the pyrate game, I'm 'appy! :) I wish I could've attended, but alas, still being in high school (but not for very much longer!) certainly has its disadvantages! I'll work on greasin' my way over next year!

Captain Wolfy Wench

I will be there next year if I have to walk.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Congratulations, Capt. Westyn!

Hurricane, it does indeed sound as though there was a lot of great plunder to be had.

Sounds like the sort of place you want to go to armed with a low-balnce credit card and a lot of cash. Or if you're smart, NOT armed with a low-balance credit card and a lot of cash!

:angry:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Well...a lengthly review of this 'ere festival is in the makins...but there be so much to talk about that I jest don't think I will start till she be done.....

What I do want to say...is thanks to all of ye that made us feel so much at home......felt as though we had belong to this community from the time we set foot in port...I would like to thank all that helped support our trip by...buyin a little sumthin ...or even alot of somethin....

and Captain W.E. Roberts....it was such a pleasure to meet ye.....and all others that be herebouts.....

Hurricane, Spitfire, Nigel....next year I be bringin me Guitar and Banjo...

Special thanks to Sloe Gin....and Mike Knowles..Roxanne...Don Maitz...Jerry....and whoever invented Hot apple cider and Cap'n Morgans...ah....lets not forget TJ...skipper of the Nighthawk..Dawn...or Captain Marcy....Chipper the Skipper...the list goes on.....was a fine sail...and look forward to more of it next year.....and this time I expect to see more of ye scurvy dogs there...and by the way...Stynky is one great guy....except fer jumpin on beds at 3:00 in the morning...

Almost fer got the one that first made us feel welcome...Bawdy B. thankee

There will be a full review comming...ifin ye want to read it.....be here soon...

darkRose

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

Yes, Pierre, I certainly enjoyed meetin' ya as well! You were joinin' in singin' right fine, and ye be welcome t' jam with us lot o' Pyrates!

What a fine time, and a great bunch o' people ... er... pirates!

Arrr! I tip me mug to ya, mate!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Now El Pirata, what the hell happened to ya? The last I heard was that you were on your way down to Key West or that you were waiting on a friend and about to leave. . . Why didn't ya go mate?

Friend couldn't go. He was both to assist me in a 19 hour drive and also there to keep me sober, been on the wagon fer 18 months. I wouldn't be putting me sobriety in jepardy.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I have to say my first festival down there was a memorable one... I have to thank all of you gentleman pirates for that!!!!!!!

I have also say that the apple cider full of Morgans rum left an impression on me too.. my family and freinds are still talking about it. Say.. did anyone get any photos of the Haunted Sail and the Holiday Parade??? I only have photos from the last 3 days and still be waiting for more.

A very thankful Lass to all me Pirates.. See you next year..

Gabrielle

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Our crewe should have photos posted on our site later this week - have a lot to sort through (Sloe Gin shot a couple hundred)... Check out www.piratesofthecoast.com/kw-scrapbook.html 'bout Wednesday or Thursday...

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Gee, cap'n...ye wouldn'a be thinkin' of postin' no incriminatin' photos of yer ol' crewmate Nigel on thar now, wouldja?

Cap'n?

Uh-oh....

By the By, Lady Elaina, that is a nice photo. Was it taken on the last day of the festival?

Schooner WOLF, was it? That is a fine ship, and it was me first sail as well.

(Growin' up in Colorady didn't leave me much chance fer sailin' ships and the like.)

'Twas an experience I shall ne'er forget!

Did ye sail in the day or evening, luv?