REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!

That's amazing that you brought up this topic. I had been reading about WWII while I was visiting family last month.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Ironically, I just completed a paper about the Pacific Theater of WWII and whether or not it was a 'total war' for both the Japanese and Americans. Definitely fun to research.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I finally just caught the logic about this thread, took me all day to catch on too. It's the 62nd anniversary of the Japanese attack. Man, I'm really quick.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

:) Hey no worries it might just be a slow day....

I flew an airplane built at the end of the war yesterday. Not in honor of anything but the love of being airborn....

The Duchess

You're not slow, Pirata; it's just that the hullaballoo-makers in the media and government haven't been saying much about this. Guess it's bad for business to talk about those, umm, events of 62 years ago.

:ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

*NOT MEANIN' TO OFFEND*

I just want to point out that though we were attacked, there were numerous lives lost on both sides, an' just as our soldiers do what they are told whether or not it's for the best, so did those of the forces we fought against. Lives are precious, and I would hope that we don't hold a grudge against the soldiers that were just doin' their jobs, when it was their leaders that made the decisions. Families were destroyed on both sides. Lives ruined on both. We are equal in war, because we are equal in death.

--Mab, who doesn't want to get into an arguement, only wants to ensure that respect is kept for our "enemies" as well as for our own.

Prepare to be boarded!

I have to say that , it was a loss to both sides. Why it started is something that may never come to light(and the who knew wht when stuff). I do agree that had Truman not dropped the two bombs, the loss of life on both sides would have been tragic.

It will be a shame when they pump out the USS Arizona. It should have been done some time ago. While it has some calming effect now, when those bunks discharge their loads, you can kiss the ecosystem of Pearl goodby. And I don't think the navy budget will cover the cleanup.

354animateflag1-thumb.gifHomesig.jpg

A few years ago I found myself in Charleston and found myself touring the USS Yorktown (the 2nd Yorktown, commissioned in '44, the first was sunk at Midway.) That day the QVC network was setting up a show, flogging products off the old girl's flight deck. My jaw dropped when I saw what was written on the side of some of the boxes. I got a picture of a whole stack of crates silhouetted against the ship's island. Written up the sides in big letters was "Mitsubishi." For those unacquainted with the company's history, Mitsubishi built the zero-sen fighter and other aircraft that tried like hell to sink that selfsame aircraft carrier half a century earlier. How times do change.

*NOT MEANIN' TO OFFEND*

I just want to point out that though we were attacked, there were numerous lives lost on both sides, an' just as our soldiers do what they are told whether or not it's for the best, so did those of the forces we fought against. Lives are precious, and I would hope that we don't hold a grudge against the soldiers that were just doin' their jobs, when it was their leaders that made the decisions. Families were destroyed on both sides. Lives ruined on both. We are equal in war, because we are equal in death.

--Mab, who doesn't want to get into an arguement, only wants to ensure that respect is kept for our "enemies" as well as for our own.

I understand and respect yer opinion. And we ARE all equal in death except the fact that if I'M going to die....I WILL take more of them with me. Which in the eyes of my brothers in arms that survived the fight, MY death was more glorious than the bastards I killed.

I'm unfortunate enough to see REAL battle and my brothers and I killed our foes by the bushel baskets and DIDN"T think twice about it til' afterwards. And even afterwards I felt remorse for me and my own . But not once did I respect the S.O.B's we killed. I guess I'm a real low life cuz I kin still sleep thru the night in peace. I did what I was trained to do...kill. I did my duty. I survived and the bad guys are DEAD n' rotted away and to HELL with them. I don't expect you to agree with me, nor do I want you to. It's YOUR God given right to disagree with me. And your God given RIGHT TO DISAGAREE WITH ME IS WHY I KILLED THOSE BASTARDS. At this moment My oldest son is in Iraq, and I beleive him when he tells me that's where he belongs. He knows n' excepted the dangers over thar as I did. I pray every day for the young man's saftey. But if he must make the ultimate sacrafice, I will cry as his father but at the same time I will stand proud as his "Brother in arms" too. So, in closing "Mad Mab". You are not offending me nor am I angry, cause I helped preserve your rights as an AMERICAN. IN DEFENDING THOSE RIGHTS, SOMEONES GOTTA PAY THE PRICE. AND WITH THE GRACE OF GOD HOPEFULLY IT'LL BE MORE OF THEM & THAR FAMILIES THAN OURS. Just try to keep in mind just one ugly thing mate.... No one out thar likes us. Governments may tolerate us for the sake of our money and power , but those governments general population hates us for those very same reasons thar government tolerates us. The British people, The French n' German, the damn Japs. The entire world wants us to fail n' faulter. I've experienced this in my travels in the Corps. Now let me tell you somethun' wonderful mate. You, me, all of us live in a country of liberty, which means we won't fail....WE CAN'T FAIL. For if we do....God can't even help us. Failure is NOT an option!

:lol: Black Jack

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!