Oceanside Harbor Days

Iron Bess

I'll be there tomorrow in my "civvies" (shorts/pirate t-shirt); trying to drag my kids along to get them away from the video games for a while. If not, I'll come by myself and have even more fun! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well supposedly there is suppose to be a Capt. Jack Sparrow costume contest, so we may see several

Oh Gods.... tell me your joking??? :huh:

(I don't think I can bear it anymore!!) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'll be there tomorrow in my "civvies" (shorts/pirate t-shirt); trying to drag my kids along to get them away from the video games for a while. If not, I'll come by myself and have even more fun! :huh:

:huh:

Make sure you find us!!!!! :huh:

(PRP is the anchor group so they won't be hard to spot) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(PRP is the anchor group so they won't be hard to spot) :huh:

I figured you all would be in one encampment or another.

Do you have a set time for the singing? Or are you wandering minstrels? :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Well, I drove around for 40-minutes trying to find a place to park; ended up on the other side of town and gave up. :rolleyes:

I saw Captain Syn (Dennis) from Stranglehold entertaining folks on one of the double-decker buses and Rumba Rue on the sidewalk with her "cart". However I couldn't stop because of the cars piled up behind me.

So it was a wash-out today. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Sorry thet happened to ye Capt. Grey....

As For meself We Took The Ship!

OderlesseyeandBullytakecopy.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Well, I drove around for 40-minutes trying to find a place to park; ended up on the other side of town and gave up. :ph34r:

I saw Captain Syn (Dennis) from Stranglehold entertaining folks on one of the double-decker buses and Rumba Rue on the sidewalk with her "cart". However I couldn't stop because of the cars piled up behind me.

So it was a wash-out today. :ph34r:

:ph34r: Awwww... Capt'n.

It was a full and busy day to be sure! Our encampment was over run all day with wee ones and adults.

I wish you'd hailed us. We could have given you one of our temporay places for a time. :ph34r:

We were the sorrier for not having you come by that is for sure. (PM me when you have a chance lass...)

The day itself was amazing though....

People and kids, people and dogs, people and food! Mundanes with swords (always frightening!) Music and song and laughter! In the afternoon the few singers we had took requests from the sidewalk and that was really fun!

The weather was great and the tales of the sea battle will be making the rounds until next year!

And I SWEAR Rumba, Dead Fred is putting on weight! :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sorry thet happened to ye Capt. Grey....

As For meself We Took The Ship!

Great shot!

You captive and the other Lobster Back spent time with us in camp.... VERY nice folks indeed. (Glad to see you let them walk away unscathed) :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It definitely looked like a great event from my drive-by. Next year I'll get my kit together and "play" with you all. That way I'm sure to get a parking spot. :ph34r:

(I was tempted to tell them I was part of Stranglehold's crew and park in the lot reserved for encampment folk, but since I wasn't in my gear I don't think the lot attendant would have bought it. :ph34r: )

hook_banner2.jpg

You can see my pictures at: Oceanside Harbor Days

Not only is Pirates of Treasure Cove all over Channel 9 news yesterday, your's truly got in with Linda Torgenson and Gail Selinger with Capt. Jack Sparrow on the intro to the event on TV, but Pirates of Treasure Cove got real good air time on showing the books we put our, our banners, and our members!

It doesn't get any better than that!

In fact all day long I was apparently the only other pirate recognized besides Jack Sparrow because I had on that silly Hawaiian palm frond made hat. Everywhere I went people said to me,"Hey I/we saw you on TV!"

I'M FAMOUS!!!! :ph34r:

I didn't take this picture, but I wanted to post it so you could all see our camp.

PiratesofTreasureCove.jpg

Wow it sounds like Saturday was the day to be there, and I missed it.

I showed up late on Sunday, around noon an unintentionally met up with folk that filled me with rum. I wandered me way about, stole some food and drink from the Port Royal Privateer's camp. Roger the Red be with a Mister Patch and a woman who's name I can't remember just this moment.

beeerp

Though I didn't take enough pictures or meet enough pirates, I had loads of fun and can't wait for next year.

As fer parking, it did suck. But instead of driving around for an hour, like I've done at events before, I just pulled over in the dead-end lane of parking lot 1 or 2, put it in park, left the motor an AC running and got me self dressed. Just about the time I was done, a caught a space as someone was leaving, pretty much taking on a sit and wait strategy.

And it was stupid, I've got a small van and should have car-pooled it, shared the expense and taken several people with me.

- Stynk

Well dang you, I have yet to meet you!

Will be in Ojai for the next two weekends.

Well that be me intentions.

Right now its just a matter of juggling me money. I'm throwing what coin I have up in the air and waiting ta see what lands. I would like ta be there all 4 days, but we'll have ta see. . . Thinking of camping, sleeping in the back of me van maybe. Don't really know just yet.

The North County Times did a write up in their Sunday paper..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Stynky!!!

Hello again! We missed you at Oceanside.

yeah, we had two newspaper's do interviews with us and had Channel 7 and I think... channel 5 do spots with PRP. Since we were in charge of the Black Powder for the battles they had quite the time of it! :ph34r: We showed them knot tying, Liars dice and how we give kids Pirate names.. Lordy it was busy and fun!

I will be at Ojai the FIrst Saturday for sure (Although I have to leave early to do a show back in Burbank) and most likely Sunday of the following weekend. IF.... I have an sense left after Saturday night I may try and come back up that SUnday as well. Don't get to see my friends but once a year and hate to waste it!

I hope to see you soon mate! :huh: BTW.... NICE new picture! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

. . .We missed you at Oceanside.

. . . had two newspaper's do interviews with us and had Channel 7. . . channel 5 do spots with PRP. . .Black Powder . . .battles. . . knot tying, Liars dice. . . kids Pirate names. . . and fun!

Aye I missed ya too.

And congratulations for being so busy and on all the coverage! Additionally there be a nice piece done on PRP in the latest Renaissance Magazine - Well done, very nice indeed!

I will be at Ojai the FIrst Saturday for sure . . .

I hope ta attend Ojai, but if I can make it at all, it will have ta be this next week-end. . . Life and money issues keeps getting in the way, so we'll have ta see.

September has been a crazy month fer Pirates in California.

I hope to see you soon mate!  :ph34r:   BTW.... NICE new picture!  :ph34r:

I hope to see you soon as well and thank you kindly for the nice words on the new picture. I've got more in me MySpace picture gallery.

m_1e3739490bbcd15918de2c91e5f4f573.jpg

- Stynk

http://stynky.com

m_1e3739490bbcd15918de2c91e5f4f573.jpg
ROTDLMAO!!!!!

Oh yeah, I NEVER looked better!! :rolleyes: (great hat though...)

Hehe I'm glad you like it. Out of all the pictures I took that day, this has to be one of if not me favorite. The hat looks good, but you look great, I love it!