The Skirmishii ~ Black Powder

Mary Diamond

Seems like a good time to bring this up ~

Harry or William,

For those of us further removed ~ Is it possible to arrange for Black Powder to be available at PiP, due to the legal constraints associated with shipping bp?

Would a show of hands from those in need be helpful?

(Raising one, then my other, hand)

What? I have 2 guns ~

:huh:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Mary, M'dear, I think Hugh may have mentioned helping out in this area in one of the other PiP threads...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Black powder is in ready supply in Florida and most of us will have a bounty of it. I for one plan to pick up 10 pounds over the weekend at Buffalo Bills. Woo hoo!!!!

Plus Julie (who is with the Wolf) usually has a spare can in her purse any time someone there needs it. Sorry guys, she's taken.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I guess my point was we will all have powder there to share.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

• 2 months later...

How much for the 4f? I'll lay claim to it...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

What I was bringing was going to be for the general use of the event ....I was going to ask that folks just toss a couple dollars into the ammo box to defray the cost and save the hassle of worrying about shipping or transporting powder....if that seems fair and agreeable to all.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o

Ah sounds good enough then....

Crewe of the Archangel

callenish gunner, that's kinda what I figgured.... dang... I'd have to work really hard to blow off an entire pound of powder......... :P

So I figure , throw in 'bout $10.00 and load up.... whatever I can't uses..... goes back into the can........

I just wanted to make sure we'd have something ter make the guns go boom.....

hard to use a pound of powder????... :P ...ive been known to use nearly a pound in one shot... :P ....KIDDING!!!!!!!.... :P ....it was 2 POUNDS!!..... :P ...ok i gotta stop now...someone may actually think im serious :P

how much you gettin yer powder for??....ive seen some cans go fer $20 a can to $12 a can.....

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

It's not what ye can get a can O' powder fer.....

th' question be...

how fair and how much do I throw inter the Powder fund......

I got's Powder.... just can't fly wit it........

So we got's Pyrates that be drivin' an such.... they can bring powder fer th' rest of us.....

Heck.... $10.00 fer the powder I'd "blast off all weekend long.... (and I can't even fire of half a pound of powder....)

At the end of the weekend..... heck.... they keep th' rest O' it......Dang... can't fly back wit it........

Boy, wish I knew where to get it here for $12 a can. Last batch was $21 a can for 2-f.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Boy, wish I knew where to get it here for $12 a can. Last batch was $21 a can for 2-f.

-- Hurricane

No problem. You just have to buy it in 25 pound lots. Get together with a few shipmates, and share an order. $300 for 25 1 pound cans, mixed grades, or all the same. Braze and myself stocked up a couple of months back. Maine Powder House, delivered right to your door.

Check your local ordinances about storage of explosives. You never know who might think it is their "duty" to call the authorities on you. Some people simply CANNOT mind their own business.....

>>>>> Cascabel

Okay ...here is an obtusly related little tidbit ...and I do mean little. Specifically the vent pick from the hilt of my Murdock. I lost it last year. If you see something shiny (or rusty) on the ground this year ...check it out ...it could be my vent pick!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

ROTDLMAO!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: You KNOW someone will actually find it now!! :ph34r:

Crewe of the Archangel

-- Hurricane

No problem. You just have to buy it in 25 pound lots. Get together with a few shipmates, and share an order. $300 for 25 1 pound cans, mixed grades, or all the same. Braze and myself stocked up a couple of months back. Maine Powder House, delivered right to your door.

Check your local ordinances about storage of explosives. You never know who might think it is their "duty" to call the authorities on you. Some people simply CANNOT mind their own business.....

>>>>> Cascabel

Thanks for the heads up on that Cascabel. We'll be putting in an order once we return from PiP. We have four pounds for the cannon and two dogs we have, so that should do us for that.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

As of this writing I am still coming, in spite of being without work for four weeks. It will be six by PiP. Still, my wife understands this insanity and is OK with me going. Right now I plan to leave here Thursday morning and return Monday morning.

I will be bringing six pounds of fffg, two of ffffg (primer) and a couple of odd cannon grade remnants as well as paper for rolling cartridges. Normally a generous soul, I would usually just make this available for all but now I find that I will be needing to pass the hat in order to make this happen. Otherwise I might not have any powder in the coming year.

This is contingent upon my still being able to come, subject to employment, but being there is a very high priority for me. I will keep you posted.

This has also been posted in the Roll-call thread.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I will be bringing six pounds of fffg, two of ffffg (primer) and a couple of odd cannon grade remnants as well as paper for rolling cartridges. Normally a generous soul, I would usually just make this available for all but now I find that I will be needing to pass the hat in order to make this happen. Otherwise I might not have any powder in the coming year.

Do keep us posted! I hope things work out ok so you can still attend ~

I will happily pay for whatever powder I use ~ shouldn't need too much for my Queen Anne's.

Thank you! :blink:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

If Capt Jim isn't able to make it (and someone lets me know in time) I should be able to pick up what we need here in Ft Lauderdale and bring it down with me.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Captain Jim... ya gotta make it.... we be countin' appon yer fer th' powder....

an' besides....

heck..... ye gots ter make it.....

(Yah... sure that didn't type out right.... hope ye understood it....)

But ye gots ter be there........

(maybe should be in another post...)

Dang... Pots an' pans.... Callinish was going ter cook (well someone wit him).....

Aaargh... last minute detailes......

William, I was under the impression that there would be electricity but we needed extension cords that could be buried or pulled in for the daylight hours. I have one 50' cord. I can bring a power strip if needed. Callenish was going to bring more cords. Can we get a confirmation on availability of electricity and an estimate on how much cord may be needed. I need it for my CPAP machine at night.