Memorabilia and Collectables

I was thinking the other day as I was cleaning and organizing how much stuff I have. And since it is now the Halmark Season for their Ornaments I thought I would start a new topic. What do you collect?

I have a few different things that I collect.

My first passion of course is Halmark Ornaments.....

Every year I put a layaway on at Halmark for all of the ornaments I want. Then the day after Christmas, my Dad and I, go up to the store and get the sales too. It has become a tradition for us to do this.

So does any one else collect any memorabilia?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Good topic BriarRose.

I used to collect so many things that I've gotten rid of or put many into storage. Lets see, there's oriental silk fans. Some are as large as 5 or 6 feet wide. Unfortunately we ran out of wall space, so they are in storage. I should pass them along but I can't seem to part with them yet. Coral, sea shells and interesting rocks. These are spread about all over the place. Shelves, hung on walls and in the bathroom. Coffee mugs. Everyplace my husband and I have ever been, we've purchased a coffee mug. Needless to say most are in storage. But it is fun to take them out every once in a while to see where we have been or change the rotation. My favorite is our christmas ornaments. Each year we buy one special ornament to symbolize an event that occurred that year. I know what this year will be even though the event hasn't ocurred yet. Must have something PIP related. :ph34r:

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

I have collected too much as well and some of it has to go as well.

Teddy Bear collection...most of it has to go, only keeping the best.

Porcelian dolls, most of them I got rid of...still have a few more to get rid of. ( I have two pirate dolls that I made from potter's clay)

Trinket boxes...Limoges boxes

Tons of Christmas, Easter, Halloween/Fall decorations...way too many.

Minature porcellain animal figurines

*Vintage porcelain or pottery animals...which are my pride and joy and will keep those if all other collections are out the door...I started it when I was a little girl.

Tons of ribbon spools...I have so much craft stuff, too much for my tiny house. I have to go through all of that stuff and start clearing out.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Books, teapots, vintage jewelry, Mason's "Vista" transferware in the cranberry color, jackets & shoes, to name a fraction. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

As a lad, I collected hand-carved lemur femur flutes. But that got too expensive. So I switched to rawhide commemorative state capital thimbles. But then I got them all. So I started collecting my thoughts - until I ran out of storage space. I was also gathering wool for awhile, but I lost track of it all. Now I just collect dust.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

As a lad, I collected hand-carved lemur femur flutes. But that got too expensive. So I switched to rawhide commemorative state capital thimbles. But then I got them all. So I started collecting my thoughts - until I ran out of storage space. I was also gathering wool for awhile, but I lost track of it all. Now I just collect dust.

:lol::o Hmmm, a shelf full of dust-bunnies? I think that's right up there with collecting dryer lint.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I collect Rent Money., Real Property ., Gold .,Silver., and Cannons..,lately Bronze Cannons.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

At one time, I collected SW Action Figures, coins, stamps, different sort of movie cards, movie posters, Mad Magazine, Bond stuff...a real assortment of crap. I've sold off parts of my collections and given away other parts. I still have way too much of the stuff.

I became more interested in creating stuff rather than collecting it. Now I collect the stuff I create.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I don't collect "collectables" per se, but besides books and edged weapons I have a fairly decent collection of wooden boxes. And I don't mean the little boxes meant to hold "wee treasures" - I mean real boxes, mostly hand-made.

I have an antique Chinese apocathary box, a couple of fairly large mahogany boxes made by Sarah Christianson (considered to be one of the finest woodworkers in North America) a couple of antique carpenter's chests, some smallish boxes, an antique spice box and an oak Stickley chest.

RHJMap.jpg

Some other things I enjoy collecting are the holiday cherished teddies and snowbabies.....especially the one's for Halloween and Christmas.

And I have an old collection of Unicorns from my childhood that I have out right now on my one hutch.

Oh, and bottles...any size, shape or color...I love bottles....I have a bunch of them decorating our mantle in the living room.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

I've collected (looks at my current abode):

Besides books and movies, which many folk may have:

- A little PoTC merchandise (and swag along those lines), which has decked out my bathroom and adjacent a/c door for quite some time now

- SW merch (old and new)

- Inexpensive, feather and sparkle adorned masks (one of these days, I'll get a fancy one worthy of a masquerade)

- I also have an odd assortment of jewelery boxes, some of which have jewelery in them, some not (some have pieces for crafts in them, or miniature games).

- My Haunted Mansion collection is what I treasure the most, and it seems to have grown almost on its own over the past few years (I kid - my family has helped out on occasion).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I have lots of Star Wars collectibles. For some reason in 1977 I had this "obsession" about taking my magazines, newspaper articles, digital watch (very new and trendy in the 70s), and books and keeping them in plastic covers. Good thing I did, I call it my "children's college fund". :o

Recently I got hooked on the mini-busts by Gentle Giant, although I had to sell some more valuable pieces when my car blew up and needed fixing. I still cry over losing some of it. :o

Right now I have waaaaaay too many SW costumes and props in my little corner office. LucasFilm has given me some nice things as a "thank you" for volunteering for them on different occasions. (Yes, I'm name dropping. :o )

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Oh, and bottles...any size, shape or color...I love bottles....I have a bunch of them decorating our mantle in the living room.

omg how did i forget those? i have boxes and boxes of perfume bottles from old to new,cheap to expensive,little to about 6oz size.....

My Aunt Nell used to collect perfume bottles. You just reminded me of some happy memories Bonnie, thanks.

Another thing that I collect are The Night Before Christmas books and also other Christmas books such as the Christmas Carol, other Santa Claus books, the Nutcracker and the Little Match Girl.

geez I know I have some vintage 60's and 70's, Avon brand new, in boxes never opened in a train case in my old bedroom closet at my parents house.

...and my mom used to collect Hot Wheel VW's, plus Matchbox VW's and then other die cast VW's.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I started collecting kids but after the 4th one, I stopped! LOL

I have to carbon date myself...I started collecting Beatles stuff in 63. I don't have the Beatles Wig as my parents didn't allow me to get it but I have all the lps and 45's from The Beatles starring Tony Sheridan to all the classics, plus all the battle of the bands(4 Seasons versus Beatles, now who thought of that idea???LOL)

Some of my LPs are in Mono as Stereo was the more expensive of the records. All the stuff is safely put away, along with Beatles cards, magazines (16,Tigerbeat,Fave ).

I have my dads 78's that were given to me and I really don't have the heart to sell them but I am thinking about it. Real country western music Hank Williams, Tex Ritter(John Ritters Dad) and Patti Page.

I buy the pirate stuff but I don't call it collectibles since it is so massed produced.

I am partial to anything purple and sometimes I buy it at a flea market just because the item is purple!

The only thing that we have collected in the last 30 years that is worth anything are old classic chevys, which do not deppreciate. Even if rusty and undrivable, the market for old cars is buzzing constantly. We had even purchased a pink cadillac from California and had a friend fly down one way and drive it back home to NY.

Of course that is more my hubby's collection than mine but everything's an equal share, aye? HAHAHA

I am a pack rat though and I tend to save everything. Even empty shoe boxes...ya never know when you will need a shoe box! My craft room is jammed and now that I am putting together a pirate room, that room is looking a little tight these days.

Well, we only go around once in this life time so why not enjjoy what we truly love!

;););););)

kttcsignature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Books, Books and even more Books....can never have enough. Between Dorian and I we could set up our own Book Store or Library.

Red Bess has accused me of collecting hobbies, but I've more or less settled on reenacting for the past 15 years or so.

My primary collection jones is for antique medical stuff, especially surgical instruments. (Like most pirates, I love edged tools. I just prefer the tiny ones!) I've begun collecting navigational instruments recently. I got a nice boxwood parallel rule off ebay last year, but it's huge -24"- so it's hard to display.

I'm also looking for 60's automotive decor. I want to decorate our basement bathroom to look like the men's room in a gas station on some remote highway, circa 1966 (after it's been cleaned, of course.) There's lots of stuff out there that's close, but it's very hard to find the "just right" stuff.

Seashells.. one can never have enough..If they're really perfect or onusually pretty

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...