Robert DeNiro = Pirate Captain?

Mr_Scabbs

This one finally hit the top of my Netflix queue, and I have to say, it far exceeded my expectations. I really, really liked this film. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it comes close to The Princess Bride in the clever writing and good storyline departments.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say it comes close to The Princess Bride in the clever writing and good storyline departments.

:blink:

No... Nothing can do that that I've seen. I mean, it was fun and everything (If only they had had Nicholson or Connery play the pirate captain...yeah, yeah yeah!) but to say it can best TPB? It can't be done in my Poindexter little world...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Saw it last night. T'was a roll wi' the punches fun movie,

not ta be taken too seriously. The dead brothers peanut gallery was a hoot :ph34r:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who referred to the ghosts as the "peanut gallery". It was a very clever piece of the movie. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...