Detailed Pics of the Black Pearl needed

Dusi Sparrow

I need yer help me hearties.

Two friends of mine do have a modell of the Pearl, but want to make it look even more like her. They need detailed pics of the ship. Things like the rigging, the ships bell or the figurehead. They promised me pics of their finished project. So, if any of you have any detailed pics or links to websites, please let me know.

Thank you. :ph34r:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/misterajc/438.../in/set-934174/

That's the only photo I have, but it's better than nothing at all :)

(it's not by me mind you, I found it on Flickr)

If you do a search on Flickr.com for the black pearl you might come up with more photos.

I seem to recall reading that the version used in films 2 & 3 was materially different than the version used in film 1. (The practical version of which was actually a barge dressed up to look like the Pearl as most of you probably already know.) I don't know how different they were, but I remember reading that somewhere.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I seem to recall reading that the version used in films 2 & 3 was materially different than the version used in film 1. (The practical version of which was actually a barge dressed up to look like the Pearl as most of you probably already know.) I don't know how different they were, but I remember reading that somewhere.

In the first film, they used one that was a shell on a barge. I don't think was even a very full one at that.

In 2 and 3, they built one on the hull of a functional diesel ship. SO, it was an actual ocean-going SHIP, that operated under its OWN power. It was not actually a functional square-masted tall-ship.

I'm sure the film crew members on here can provide MUCH more detail than that.

As such, small details are probably different, BUT the overall look should be VERY similar.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Rumbarue said, "Nope the Black Pearl is anchored off some Disney owned Island where their cruise ships dock."

Are you sure you are not thinking of the "flying Dutchman" ?

I believe I have seen shows about Disney Cruise Line, showing that the Flying Dutchman is parked off of Castaway Key, the Disney owned island. I thought I heard that the Black Pearl is somewhere on the West Coast.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

I found the material that said the ship was different between the two movies. It was in that soppy book Bring Me That Horizon. It was pretty vague, though. (I tell ya' that book is not a good example of a "Making of..." book IMO) only saying that the first ship was a different size because of the barge constraints and something about how the new ship (for II and III) was more visually interesting and exciting or some such.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg