William Brand

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The audacity of some people...

http://www.nationalharbor.com/Events.aspx?id=1002

Scroll down to the bottom. They're touting this event as "...the only Baconfest in North America..." They're evidently unaware of the three dozen other Baconfests held across the country.

I pray you will tell them the error of their ways. Otherwise I shall be forced to set my lawyers upon them.

2lawyerstext.jpg

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I too like soy bacon as I am also a vegetarian.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, you won't believe this and I really hate myself for not taking a camera. My "brother" Ed that hosts the White-Trash event lives in the midst of an Amish community. They don't do celebrations of any kind... NORMALLY... but this year we had started the fest with only four of us, and to our amazement, six buggies of Amish youn'uns hauled up to the rail! There were 27 attendees at the hieght of the evening. (yes, they do consume alchohol, and loved our rum samples!) They brought with them several ham and bacon dishes too. I was not prepared for this, so my appologies for failing to record this momentous occaision. The Conservation agents did make a breif appearance, but archery deer and turkey season as well as fall shotgun turkey is well underway, and they have been busier than normal with investigations and complaints. Next year we ARE taking pictures! Sorry but due to the nature of our guests, we had to forgo any of the traditional rites, except for the moment of silence and a prayer offered by the Amish.

Bo

Baconfest (South) East was combined with an Pyrate event in Deltaville VA this year. There were photos taken but I not by me so I will need to see if I can round them up.

There were new potatoes wrapped in bacon. Cured ham and pork barbecue. Cookie from Blackbeards Crew made the barbecue ....mmmmm! Thanks Cookie!