no aspiring artists out there?

blackbartsghost

This is Black Bart's Ghost again. I am still looking for an artist who loves to draw pirates. This story is going to be a twelve issue mini-series, but I have plans for a spin off if reader response is good. It is historical fiction, and I strive to get the larger details right and put my spin on the rest. If you're interested, e-mail me @bartholomewroberts@piracy.com

;)

Black Bart's Ghost

"Ye can touch me rum, but nobody touches me booty!"

I can draw.. my friend can draw even better.. check out the photos section for a sample of her work, she's brilliant, and I could not figure out how to post it in the artwork section here....

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

'ello BlackBart

I can draw rightly enough, but I'm not sure my services are the kind ye require. Even so, I'm not sure of the scale or accuracy you'd be wantin', or how much time I'd be able to spare for such a project.

Feel free t' browse my webpage for some examples.

Yhar, me lovelies!

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif

Dreamie, I _love_ yer PotC pictures of Captain Sparrow. Would ye be mindin' if I printed out some of yer sketches of Cap'n Sparrow in order to practice me own mediocre drawing skills? I wouldn't be postin' any of my artwork (that I'd drawn from referencin' to yer sketches) as my own anywhere on the 'net; I merely want a drawn reference to practice from, as I'm not good enough at drawin' people to try 'n' learn how to draw Jack Sparrow just from a few photos. So if ye wouldn't mind if I printed out a few of yer drawings for me own practice, please let me know! They're fantastic stuff. :)

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Just so ye know, Ghosty, I ain't promersing a thing, but I 'ave this friend, a graduate from th'Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, a fantastic illustrator making a killing in advertising. She may pick up this project jes' for fun. She's busy, wif a lot on 'er plate, but I'll see if she' int'rested.

:ph34r:

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 weeks later...

AH, I be an artist, mate. Take a look at the pic in my profile (The Sepia tone Skull, as opposeed to the cartoon crossbones avatar), it may give ye an idear of me caliber. I have many more samples, and ye can ask Hurricane for a reference, he is familiar with my work. The project sounds interestin' - somethin' I have been thirstin' for.

Give me a holler and we can discuss it in detail; either here or at

mkloep@hotmail.com

Be sure to put somethin' in the subject line about pirate art, so's I don't be tossin' it with the junk mail!

Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I have a BFA from Tyler School of Art.

Most of my stuff is fine art, slightly abstract printmaking and painting... I have done illustration before though.

If you send me an example of your work and maybe a description of what your looking for in the illustrations (you said Dreamie's stuff wasn't "dark enough") I'll whip somethin' up for ya' :huh:

Basically, if you saw the work I usually do you'd be like, "what the hell does that have to do with pirates??"

-Billie-

Ar, I'd like t' see what ye've been up to, pirate. Always like to share wit' other arteests.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"