The Smallboat

Just to clarify, by trim do you mean were the teal is now?

I was thinking keeping were the white is, white.

Painting the teal areas red.

Then maybe the areas where the white and red meet, gold?

If you have the time William maybe you could photoshop something for us?

Do we have to sand the whole thing down before we start painting? That would take a lot of time. Heck painting the thing will take some time. I see what looks like pitting along the surface. I guess I should talk to Harry direct and see what needs to be done.

After all that the Colors sound good to me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the color choices. Might we consider painting the outside hull antique orange, the inside white, and red and gold trim on the rails and stern. I think that white is a modern look on boats and we would want it to look more historic.

P.S. I saw the same color scheme on a boat in an episode of Horatio Hornblower.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I was thinking keeping were the white is, white.

Painting the teal areas red.

Then maybe the areas where the white and red meet, gold?

Aye. That is exactly what I was thinking, though Master Studley has a good point regarding the white, so if the white is less historically accurate, then I have no problem with the antique orange.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

You two are making me REALLY nervous now!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

You two are making me REALLY nervous now!

Bucket boots....... Nah... were going wit Hello Kitty soft fuzzy slippers.... an pink bathrobes....

No one would expect Pyrates dressed that way..... (an' ye can hide a LOT of weapons under a Pink bathrobe......(Just don't ask how I know this...))

And in a pink wit Purple Poka-dot boat (or one painted neon toned leopard spots)....... Heck.... the Coast Guard or Police would tote away anyone who reported us, thinkin' they was on Drugs (the people wot reported us... not the Coast Guard or Police....)...... :ph34r:

Dang.... Pyrates, we be sneeky......... :ph34r:

THATS ON THE OTHER END OF DUVALL STREET!!

Nah... thats fer th' fishnets and garter belts...... Not that th' male Pyrates would be wearin such a thing..... but if some O' th' Female Pyrates.... say that one wit th' nice legs last year (hopefully they are still nice legs this year)....Now if she was wearin' fishnets and a garter belt... we could use her as bait....

• 4 months later...

I haven't heard anymore talk about the boat. Does anyone know if it is still available?

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE