You know your a fabric whore when...

Very nicely done GoF, however, I think we should possibly expand to trims and buttons and recently on CraigsList I found someone selling ostrich feathers a dollar a pack or 300.00 for the whole birds feathers. I still have the number for that one if anyone is intrested for hats and such.

EDIT:::::: Since I am off to work figured I would put the info here.

One entire ostrich's feathers. The whole batch $300.00 or $1.00 a pack. I also have a few Pheasent, turkey and parrot. Great for costumes or craft projects.

e mail or call 512-878-6297.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I be guilty of all them things listed. :lol:

I even went with a group of costumers to the Los Angeles Fabric District and had a very hard time sticking to my list of two types of fabrics I was looking for. Prices are AMAZING! I paid $8/yard for imported Belgian Linen. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 1 year later...

LMAO! Thanks for pointing this one out. I may have posted her already. But hell, I can't help but posting this.

Ye know yo'r a fabric whore when....

... ye see a fabric store and HAVE to stop by to see what they have. Hoping to dear God they have some 100% linen, even some fine 100% cotton (like a belguim cotton), or even a fine silk and yeah I suppose wool. Maybe some velveteen.... any period style calicos in 100% cotton or jacquard or damask.

And better yet, when you find it, see if it's on sale. When it's on sale ye wonder if you can find and get more.

.... ye find some fabric that would look period enough and wonder "Do I have enough for a frock? Or breeches? How about a waistcoat?" or worse yet... "what can I make with this?"

.... when fabric store employees know you well enough by name and WHY you are there.

.... when you have a discount card and use it on average 5 times a week.

..... ye wish ye had more money to buy more yardage.

..... always stopping by to see if they have something for ye to use even if ye don't have the money. LOL

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hmmm, a group of mad-cap pyrates wondering into LA's fashion district with a glazed look in one's eyes....this could be trouble....Rumba...BIG TROUBLE.

.... when fabric store employees know you well enough by name and WHY you are there.

Oh yes...I know that feeling,...I feel like Norm from Cheers when I enter on my lunch break on Friday afternoons!

.... when you have a discount card and use it on average 5 times a week.

Yes, I have done this...until Wal-Mart did away with their "Double Tuesday" points.

..... ye wish ye had more money to buy more yardage.

:blink::P:P Yes...very much so...especially imported silk...

..... always stopping by to see if they have something for ye to use even if ye don't have the money. Or the time to make something else...by now, you already have 3 or 4 projects that are in the on-going stage...what's one more on the pile?!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"