You know your a fabric whore when...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you find yourself converting SEK to USD and meters to yards because the fabric you love isn't available in the US. And hey, 325:-/meter, not bad :lol:

When you add something to your on-line shopping cart at your favorite on-line fabric store and discover there were already several yards of fabric stored in the cart from your last visit. Then you think to yourself, "what did I want that fabric for again?"

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

when you find yourself converting SEK to USD and meters to yards because the fabric you love isn't available in the US. And hey, 325:-/meter, not bad ;)

When you add something to your on-line shopping cart at your favorite on-line fabric store and discover there were already several yards of fabric stored in the cart from your last visit. Then you think to yourself, "what did I want that fabric for again?"

I think I know the store you're talking about...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

LOL, aye a fabric whore, that I am. My poor husband, Dorain, cringes when ever we go in to a fabric store. He knows there is no stopping me once I start.

The one side of our basement is nothing but bins of fabric and then some. I could probably open up my own fabric store if I wanted to.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

You're on your way to the grocery and stop at a fabric store. You see the most beautiful iridescent goldenrod silk and have a 40% off coupon burning a hole in your pocket.

So you reason, 'we really don't have to eat this week....'

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

LOL, aye a fabric whore, that I am. My poor husband, Dorain, cringes when ever we go in to a fabric store. He knows there is no stopping me once I start.

The one side of our basement is nothing but bins of fabric and then some. I could probably open up my own fabric store if I wanted to.

:lol::lol: Im going shopping at Briar's house!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

:lol::lol: Im going shopping at Briar's house!!!

You know this is not a bad idea....

Maybe we could start a thread where we could purchase, barter, swap, whatever fabrics we have but find we don't really use with others here at the pub for something others have that we may wish for?????

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Syren, dear, you are more than welcome to come shopping in my basement. Although I must warn you it is a dungeon of chaos.

Captain Sterling, that is an absolutely Wonderful idea. Perhaps we should give this alot of consideration.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

:lol: Don't tempt me Briar...

Ohh Jill, they opened up this home Decor Fabric store about five miles from my house, I went Saturday, WOW! I so did not wish to leave, and trims..lots of trim..I'll have to sneak back when I can...

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

If you help me organize the basement Syren, you can have any fabric you want and as much too. :lol::lol:

Just let me know when you would like to make a visit.

If you help me organize the basement Syren, you can have any fabric you want and as much too. :lol::lol:

Just let me know when you would like to make a visit.

I can organize yer basement... any ideas how to organize a trading fabric thread? :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I will give it some thought Captain Sterling. I will think upon it today.

And any help with organization would be welcomely appreciated. :lol:

Whore, surrah! I resent that. I am a collector of varied cloth goods, a noble and fine art! **Quietly closes door to sewing room where bins, cupboards and closet are full of material lugged around for 20 + years** I would never concider myself a fabric whore...er, unless I get a 50% off coupon from JoAnn's, but, but, that doesn't count...does it? :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I will give it some thought Captain Sterling. I will think upon it today.

And any help with organization would be welcomely appreciated. :lol:

Thank you Lady, much obliged... will send you over some suggestions you can peruse in a couple of days regarding the basement...

Crewe of the Archangel

:lol::lol: Sterling! That is cheating...

And yes that would be a great idea..Another place to check for fabrics is Craigslist.com I bought a gorgeous Irish Linen that was made in Italy for 2.00 a yard..won't tell you what it retails for..but let us just say it was a steal.

Recently had a bunch of European wool for i think it was 2-5.00 a yard...

Maybe we could start a thread where we could purchase, barter, swap, whatever fabrics we have but find we don't really use with others here at the pub for something others have that we may wish for?????

I think that's a really good idea actually!

:D:lol: Sterling! That is cheating...

And yes that would be a great idea..Another place to check for fabrics is Craigslist.com I bought a gorgeous Irish Linen that was made in Italy for 2.00 a yard..won't tell you what it retails for..but let us just say it was a steal.

Recently had a bunch of European wool for i think it was 2-5.00 a yard...

Why is European wool cheaper in the US than in the actual _Europe_?!

I paid € 35 per meter for my wool last year.

Which was admittedly thick and lush and it had pretty felted swirls in it and it was worth every cent.

Although I wouldn't have objected if it had been cheaper!

The good Cp'n Sterling says:

I am going ahead and giving this a shot... look for the

"Fabric: Beg, Barter or Buy" thread in Plunder

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!