Your Dæmon

Warning! This is a really cheap attempt at viral marketing from the makers of the movie The Golden Compass. (Even worse - it works because I'm posting this.)

This looks to be a neat movie coming out this December in the sort of Chronicles of Narnia vein. A friend sent me the link which allows you to go to the page and determine your "dæmon." (A "dæmon" or "familiar" is an animal that is linked to you in a meaningful way.) To get to that part of the page, select "dæmon" from the tabs at the top and then select "Meet your dæmon" from the main page. You answer 20 questions and get an answer.

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com

Note: I'm not a big fan of the dæmon concept as "fact" (which some people seem to see it as being), but the concept works for me in a movie format. (It also worked well in D&D - one of the characters I played acquired a small dragon dæmon that gave me an extra attack during battles. So there's that.)

My dæmon was a tiger named some gobbledygook and it said I am "Modest, shy, a leader, assertive and solitary." Actually, that's not bad from the way I see me, but then it was basically a 20 question personality test.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

FWIW: Another Tiger.... leader, assertive, responsible, shy, competitive

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The movie is based on the first of the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman. They are basically his take on Milton's Paradise Lost. The books are aimed primarily at young people, but are actually a good read for adults. I enjoyed them.

I got the snow leopard - similar traits to the tiger.

RHJMap.jpg

I got a lion on the first try, and a hare on the second. Neither feels very representative, though.

I have some friends (adults) who have been reading the series of books and enjoying them.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I am a Jackal!

Pelloneus. I am responsible, fickle, flexible, and clever!

It hit right on the head....So, I tried again and got...

I am the Raccoon.

Sergius. I am spontaneous, proud, modest, sociable, and competitive.

Wow...two very different sides of me, eh?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I got a rock.

No, wait, that can't be right.... I got a Crow, named Thedra.

My profile reveals that I am modest, solitary, flexible, inquisitive, and ...uh... something else, which I forget, since I didn't save my results. Deeply distrustful of giving advertisers cyber-artifacts of myself, maybe. Yeah, that's it. :lol:

Modest, assertive, shy & humble..and naturally a big Cat :ph34r:

............cool.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:blink:

Twisted!

The very critter it gave to me ... is the very critter I am most petrified of... a spider!

Gonna take th' damn thing again.

Ok.. tried this again... funny enough, my Daemon ended up being a Lynx. Which is funny cause it looks like Magellan! Alchaeon be his name.

I am Competitive, spontaneous, clever, shy, and proud (yup!).

Now... m' pirate persona's Daemon...

:lol: Now this one be interesting. The Lady B Daemon is a Snow Leopard named Achaeon. Lady B's personality (not much different): Competitive, spontaneous, clever, modest and shy.

This is pretty cool!

~Lady B

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Cleon

Modest, inquisitive, responsible,

fickle, and a leader.

Type: Ocelot

Weird, but cool, I suppose...

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

My daemon is a marmoset named Verian:

marmoset2.jpg

Geez, I was expecting something a bit more ... well, aquatic! And intimidating ... like a baracuda or a manta ray.

Not sure how I'm gonna explain to Hester that I have a tiny little monkey on my back... guess I've been "Surfin' on Heroin" too often:

surfin-heroin.jpg

That's what you get for hanging out with punk bands at a beach party:

http://www.myspace.com/forgottenrebelsmusic

Kowabunga, baby!

joes-big-wave-small.jpgsurfer-joe-wave-small.jpg