PYRACY PUB ARTISTS

Ransom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mailed P.E.W.'s book to Boots yesterday. At his point, I'm dead-in-the-water, since neither P.E.W nor Silkie have books to work on and pass along.

****Lady B, please tell me you've mailed some of those books you're sitting on! You've had a month to work on them and there are now three people waiting.****

BTW, I took Silkies suggestion, and have taken pictures of the covers of each book I've received, and also pictures of each page I did in those books. That way I'll have a record of my artwork for all books. Great idea, Silkie! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I am now officially pulling out of this project by some urging. I hate doing this as I really wanted to do this and it's most unfortunate that it's come to this.

But... this is not a fun project! Not with such pressure to make something that's suppose to be fun a priority to mail out more than anything else. I'm sorry if I caused so much grief for all and delays. I received equal amount of grief over it cause I was being slow. Again, this project became VERY unfun.

I shall send off Boots' by next week. The one I sent off was Patrick's journal. Alas, PEW, if you haven't received it by Friday (which you were suppose to have received it by Wed) then I don't know where it is. Cause I did send it off last week.

This means I will not send off my journal so as not to clog your schedule and time.

I'm sorry to do this, but I feel I had no choice in the matter. Again, especially when something that is meant for fun becomes the opposite of fun.

I'd say, next time another of the Art Journal mailings is done... think about reworking the rules.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I'm sorry the project became a hassle for you, Lady B. However, I think it unfair to insinuate that you were forced out, which is not the case. Everyone agreed to the rules from the beginning. You were even asked to reconfirm before we started, which you did. I think we all gave you ample time to finish each book. We even changed the format from two weeks, to a month inbetween mailing, to help you catch up. Of the six people involved in this project, you were the only one to have a problem with the timing. I offered you the opportunity to bail out several weeks ago, and you assured me you could get the books done. I again offered you the opportunity to drop out just this evening, with no hard feelings, knowing you were busy with other issues. You were NEVER forced to do so.

Patrick, please mail your books directly to P.E.W. from now on.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Alas, PEW, if you haven't received it by Friday (which you were suppose to have received it by Wed) then I don't know where it is. Cause I did send it off last week.

Well, it didn't arrive. Hopefully it'll show tomorrow. Damn injuns.

ponyexpress3.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I got Silkie's today.... (I was out yesterday..... when it arived.....)

I got ter get Randsom's mailed..... hopefully I won't get sidetracked tomarrow....

I was thinking today, after I got Silkie's....

It's kinda interesting how the cover of the sketchbook kinda sets the tone....

When I drew in Boot's, it was the first one I got.... and we only had two weeks to do something..... so I drew a few pages of stuff.....

When I got Randsoms, we had more time, so I did a buncha drawings...... had fun with it....

For Silkie's..... it's a photo album.... so I was thinking about how to add a page, and what could I do...... so I started blocking out something that will be happly grand.......

Dang.... this is fun.......

Hey... it will all fall into place...... and work out....

I really like the monthly as opposed to bi-weekly... more time to play......

But fer those that ain't got anything yet..... we sorted that out....... cool....

( that means... I gotta get Randsom's mailed off ter P.E.W. really quick.... like tommarow.....)

But now I have plenty o' tyme ter play with Silkies...... (an' ye can miss-quote that as much as yer like..... :lol: )

I was thinking today, after I got Silkie's....

It's kinda interesting how the cover of the sketchbook kinda sets the tone....

When I drew in Boot's, it was the first one I got.... and we only had two weeks to do something..... so I drew a few pages of stuff.....

When I got Randsoms, we had more time, so I did a buncha drawings...... had fun with it....

For Silkie's..... it's a photo album.... so I was thinking about how to add a page, and what could I do......  so I started blocking out something that will be happly grand.......

Dang.... this is fun.......

I agree, Patrick. When I got Silkies, she hadn't had time to do any of her own drawings, so I wasn't sure just what theme to do. She did include some nice heavy black paper that I liked, so I did my work on that. Also some pretty aqua paper that I used.

It wasn't until I got P.E.W.'s book that I could see more than one artists work, and that's when I got realy excited. For me the whole point of the project was to be able to enjoy all the different styles of art, and to let each book kinda "talk" to you, and tell you what you might add.

The other point was....

Dang...have fun!!!

BTW, P.E.W. - Don't feel overwhelmed by the number of books heading your way. Since you'll end up with Boot's, Patrick's, and now mine. Take at least two/three weeks to get the first one done and mailed to Silkie. That will give her something to work on while you finish the other two. I don't mind waiting until things get totally back on track, because I don't want Silkie to have to rush through the first book she's received. It's her turn to finally have some fun!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

well ...I got a book in the mail today but it was from Amazon.com ...not what I was hoping for.

I haven't even seen a book yet. I'll do what I can as soon as I get one....

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

:lol:;);)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Just ckecking in to see how everyone is doing, especially P.E.W. Are you buried in books? :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg