Blackbeard Fest - June 1-3

Black Dog

Black Fox

Great pictures! Thanks for getting them up so fast for us to look at.

Just one thing though...

if the mag goes to print...

its Kalmar Nyckel

http://www.kalmarnyckel.org/

Greg aka GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Anyone else got photos from saturday night?? I'm afraid my camera didn't float....(hazards of boat life!!) and I was hoping to use the pix to reinforce my failing memory :D:lol:

It was a darned tough festival twas. While I was off pillaging Hampton ta make room fer the hordes of pyrates coming in, one pyrate by the name of Black Fox snuck onto me vessel the Freedom Row and claimed it fer 'is own.

Now after an entire weekend of cavorting and drinking rum ta catch 'im off guard I couldna roust him. But the howling winds of the impending storm finally chased 'im away so I could retake me own vessel. Those damn pyrates.

But otherwise it was an absolutely fantastic event. It was great seeing everyone. And Black Fox next time lets make sure your schedule has enough time so ye can at least sail yer new found vessel!!!!

Great meeting you in person Black Fox.

I hope everyone made it home safe.

Well it was a great Festival, despite loosing the one day ( Sunday) to foul weather. We met the new captain of the Nyckle and talked about Capt Dave, who we toasted thrice over the course of the weekend.

The Friday night Pirate's Ball ( how often do I think the "the Policeman's Other Ball") was more fun then is legal. We, The Brigands, were so well received that the management approached us immediately after the first set about performing for next years Ball and Festival.

Saturday daytime was shopping day and my tattered crew was able to replace some items in thier kit and add new ones. We had the honor of being the last performers before the fire works, which ultimately had to be cancelled due to the high winds ( proceeding the storm of Sunday).

And then there was singing in the Pirate Encampment, after close of Festival on Sat night, with crews from several ships, both real and of the "faire" variety, gathering to sing their favorite sea shanties and songs. And drink RUM.

It was great to see old friends of ours from the last 4 years and to make new ones !

Oh and if the Black Fox or other folks have pics of The Brigands we might use for promo material, that would be much appreciated. As usual, we bought our camera, but between sound checks and selling CDs , we forgot to ask for volunteers to grab some photos.

See ye next year shipmates!

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

FANTASTIC!

I had a grand time. So many fine rogues out there. I didn't get to do any shopping. I was helping at the Vagabond Armoury and sales started so early and were so brisk that I never had the time to dress properly. This lass dressed in slops and shirt and not as a lady at all! I was going to dress as a lady on Sunday but the festival was canceled thanks to tropical storm Barry so my new garb is still unworn. I was not there for the ball on Friday night but the Saturday night sing around the fire was, as it was last year, the highlight of the weekend for me. we had some of the best singers and performers there. It all ended far too soon for me. I could have gone on for hours.

I would like to thank the Blackbeard crew for all of their hard work in putting this together and also letting me take part.

The worst part is having to pack up and leave and to wait another year to do it again.

I have a few pictures and I will post more as my freinds send them to me.

Crimson

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kenthepirate20...460762403783995

"No matter where you go. There you are."

This was my first Blackbeard festival and I had a great time ! As mentioned before hats off to blackbeards crew and everyone else that had a hand in the planing and operation of the event. The rain only made the event more memorable espcially when you sleep under the bar like I did <_<

Taylor McCullen

Devil men of the Cape Fear

Had a great time and finally got to meet a few folks-put faces to names,sorta thing...got in Friday night and spent the weekend wandering about .Saturday was great despite the loss af the camera and my 2nd favorite shirt overboard when the wind hit Sunday morning.

I especially wanted to thank those who'ave been so generous with their photos,and for the many tips and advice given so patiently!! :P

I would like to thank the Blackbeard crew for all of their hard work in putting this together and also letting me take part.

The worst part is having to pack up and leave and to wait another year to do it again.

I have a few pictures and I will post more as my freinds send them to me.

Crimson

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kenthepirate20...460762403783995

linkie no workie!

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

As it turned out I was not able to be there during the event but I was there before the event and was able to meet the Royaliste on Friday. I pulled the Army pier out this morning and sailed it back to Fort Eustis. I hope this next year I will be able to attend during the event.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

The Juryrig crew very much enjoyed being a part of this event again this year.

The Ball Friday night far exceeded last years.

Saturdays events were a blast, The Kalmar Nyckel hosted a wonderful participant dinner and the camp shanty sing had a some great performers in attendance.

Sunday . . . well it wouldn't be Hampton Festival without rain :huh:

I must say that the 7 of us that weathered Tropical Storm Barry and stayed in camp till Monday had our fun, and we got to go home Monday with DRY canvas :blink:

Special thanks to Blackbeards crew for hosting the event, QM Glass for coordinating the reenactors and Pyrate Pete for all his work with the vendors.

It was also great to finally meet Captain Gary and spend some time on the Royaliste. Thanks again Gary for the hospitality.

I have a ton of pictures to sort thru, and I hope to have some posted by the end of the week

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Aye and it was a right fine volley of cannon fire Saturday morning, just the thing ta clear oot the cobwebs from the party the night afore. The bronze ones speak so eloquently , don't they just!

Duncan, never got a chance to show you me new linstock, made from $1.59 of copper tube and fitting! God I am such a cheap pirate, may me mother forgive me. but let me know if ye want the sketch, which I stole from another website ( naturally).

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

had a great time there but with as busy as i was all day saturday i didn't get to see too much of anything going on .....i will gladly do this event again!!! great folks ....hopefully some pyrates got pics of my booth that they could share ...i was too busy to take any myself ............ the campfire and the relative quiet of sunday's rainy on and off showers by mid-day but all in all it was a great festival!!! :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Aye,

Many thanks to all the visiting pirates that joined us in Hampton for a fine, half of a weekend. The damp weather sent many home early but we filled the time we had well.

As has been noted before, the chantey sing on Saturday night in the Camp is always the highlight of the weekend. And this year it was bigger than ever.

I hope to see you all in the near future - as I have been press ganged into becoming the Steward aboard the Kalmar Nyckel - send rum!

Bf

:D

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. " - Mark Twain

Congratulations on yer new position mate!

Almost a whole week and no one has gotten sick yet!!!

Billy Flynt

Blackbeard's Crew

Master of Events

B):blink:B)B)B)B)B) ooooooooo damn - me thinks I have finally kicked all the ills from the fest. It was a time of too much work, rum, and fun. Next year I will be needing to figure out a way to press a few more cooks helpers. I never heard any reports of illness from the food so I guess we did ok. This was me first year o' cooking for the fest. I was the one with 3 pork shoulders over the camp fire Saturday. Sure wish the storm had kept off the coast - never did get to make me turtle soup. Hopefully next year - - -

I expect to be more organized next year. To anyone who was in camp - let me hear from you if you have any suggestions, thoughts, criticisms.

Cookie

if anyone has pics of this ol' rogue - please send them around -

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.