Blackbeard Fest - June 1-3

Black Dog

:ph34r: June 1-3 is Hampton, Virginia's Blackbeard Fest. I was wanting to know who may show up this year. I'll be working the camp fires and trying not to poison anyone. Hopefully we will have enough rum to cure anything that comes up. :lol:

I hear the crew from NQG will be there. The planning is well underway. If anyone has specific questions throw them my way. I'll find the answer if I don't know if offhand.

Willie the rumrunner :mellow:

aka - Cookie

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: i'll be there... Vagabond Armoury ....filling out my vendor application as we speak so make sure you bring your cold hard ready $$$ with you because i will have pistols and blunderbusses and cutlasses :mellow::ph34r::lol:

**10% discount if you tell me at time of purchase that you read this on this site -CG

Is there period camping ?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

There is period camping this year of course. The camp itself has been shifted a bit closer to the stage area (for those who have been there) allowing for more room. I know the website is being reworked and things are being added all the time. Anyone have a good recipe for dogs body??? :mellow:

looking forward to seeing old friends and new ones

Willie the rumrunner - aka Cookie

• 3 weeks later...

PAYPAL has a new service that allows payments to be made via your cell phone BUT it has to be set up on your phone in advance !!!

it's free to do and it allows you to send payments directly to the merchant even without a direct point of purchase device to complete the transaction

great for fair/fest vendors!!!

would definately help the small festival merchants to make their money providing you with the pyrate booty you want!!!

m'lovely wife cannot attend this time 'round but I'll be there for all three days. . .takin' m'pictures for The Pyrates Way. . . and getting into as much trouble as one pyrate can.

I look forward to leeching an ale off of everyone!

If there is anyone else traveling from NJ just outside of Philly to hampton who would like to make the trip a little less expensive maybe we can carpool.

I'll be driving down from NJ just outside of Philly early on Thursday 5/31 and returning Monday 6/4 no later than noon.

PM me.

After several weeks underway, I'm sure we'll be there . . .

What? Gary you’re going to be there? *sigh*. . . .

Well I was thinking of going, but now I don’t know. . . I mean if you’re going ta be there with that boat of yours.

Just kidding, just kidding, it’s a joke. . .

Hey, you in the back stop throwing stuff.

Ouch.

I know, I know she’s a ship.

Actually it will be good to finally see her after all this time, I missed me chance the last couple times I was in San Francisco.

So aye, I’ll be there again this year to play pretend Pyrates and. . . and,

Who keeps throwing stuff at me?

Ouch, knock it off!

Aye, Stynky.. We'll be there, dressed in our finery( not too nice, since it's all been in Davy Jones' Locker).......It'll be grand to see ya, after all this time,eh?...........Cap'n Kat, and me own self'll be there, along with various and sundry scoundrels, so hide yer wallet.........

:huh:

Ahoy Mates - final preparations are going at breakneck speed for the fest. The lay out of the venders and the pyrate camp will be different this year. The pyrate camp will be larger and centered in what has been the vender area in the past. Set up will begin on Friday. There are 2 vender area's - one for "period venders" and another for everyone else. I hear we have some fine craftsmen coming this year.

one last thing

rain rain go away -come again another day -

say it with me now

rain rain go away - come again another day

LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT FEST

Willie the rumrunner - aka - Cookie

Well, me heartie's, if ye be havin' any allergies to smoke,fire, or really loud noises, STAY AWAY!....We've blown the cobwebs outta the carronades, and they are up to thunder, by bloody heck!......We'll only be goin' to sea on Sunday, so there'll be a fair amount of time for visitin' and samplin' the wares, eh?

:lol:

Rather ironic, I will be emplacing the pier the boats will be mooring to on Thursday about noon. The big navy gray looking pier is in fact an Army pier. I will have a few troops out there as well. I am not sure I can get away from work but I will try to be there for the festival.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I had an incredible time at the festival and my hats off and heart goes out to the entire Blackbeard's crew, Jury Rig crew, and those of the Devilmen and several others who helped in the dry-set-up and wet-take-down. Although this was not my first visit to the festival, it was the first time I was given the opportunity to interect with all the pyrates who made this possible. . . . and they treated me as one of their own, with open arms and friendliness.

Although the festival ended in the deluge of Tropical Storm Barry, Saturday more than made up for it, with warm sunshine and a packed-in crowd. I'd say more about the incredible time Friday night at the ball but I had so much fun that I've uh. . . forgotten some of it! LOL

Here is a link to 47 of the 250 photos I took at the festival, many of which will end up in the Summer issue of The Pyrates Way!

Pyrates Way Photos of Blackbeard Fest