How's your Friday the 13th shaping up?

LongTom

Things went pretty well. I had to attend a lunch gathering with my boss, my manager, the maintenance manager and the owner of the company. The reason is we're the only ones who have been there since the place opened 5 years ago. It was slightly awkward to be with the higher up peoples and to also have lunch at this fancy resort, but all and all it still went well. I was given a pretty necklace and a $100 gift card that can be used anywhere that carries the Visa logo. Woo-hoo! <_<

Later on, my grandmother wanted to treat us all to dinner. She actually was quite civil tonight and behaved herself. Usually she has an attitude and you just never know what she's going to say. I'm starting to think her attitude is changing for the better because she recently discovered she has type 2 diabetes. She needs the support of her family and knows she better be nicer to us, unlike the past. But anyway, yeah, I actually forgot it was Friday the 13th, it just was a normal, good day. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I don't believe in superstition at all. Having said that, I found out I may have to spend MORE money repairing my truck. Saving grace as far as superstition is concerned is that the wheel's been wobbling for the past week, not just today! <_<

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Lost my atm card....drove away from an atm in a hurry and forgot the card.

That's more thoughtlessness than bad luck. The ATMs usually swallow them back up, so all you should have to do is call the bank on Monday and either retrieve it (if it's your bank) or have them issue a new one (if it's another bank - I think some ATM machines destroy them if it's not their bank card to avoid liability). Can you tell I've done this before? :lol:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

My Friday the 13th was rather good. Nothing went wrong, I was in a grand mood, etc. I really haven't had a bad one. Don't usually. Goes to show the rest of my days are the cursed ones. Example... like today. Today has been a hellish day. ;) Now, hopefully I won't crash from exhaustion or kicked by a horse or other things that will put me in a deeper foul mood.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm twas another day, own two black cats and dinae need any help with bad luck......................

IF IT WAS NAE FOR BAD LUCK WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL :ph34r::ph34r:

ach well hope the rest go well for everyone else

Slainte,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Well, we survived it, with some good news and some bad news...

The good news was that we got some biopsy results for my wife -- she's fine. We knew that was likely the case all along, but 'til you know, it's always a worry.

The bad news was that the adoption my sister has been working on for months fell through. A family member heard there was to be an adoption, and suddenly, out of nowhere, decided that she could raise the two little girls. Now, that's fine and all, but where was she the last year and a half the two girls (ages three and four) have been in the orphanage? Plus, this is the third adoption that has been pulled out from under her. Not the makings for a happy day...

sig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...