Dedicate a Song or Poem

Jacky Tar

Sometimes we have bad days, weeks, or longer. Mayhaps we celebrate or suffer things alone. I call many here friend, and would like to think I can offer them some solace or support.

So, I humbly offer this thread as a place to post dedications to those who may need it. Despite the bravado, posturing and brave faces shown here, life can be taxing.

I dedicate this first post to everyone here...

"Life is Beautiful" by Vega4

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:::hugs::: Thank ye.

Aye... life sucks. And, I experience more problems than I do anything else.

But... every time I hear "Dance" by Jo Dee Messina (I think that's who sang it)... I love it, and I say a wee prayer as I sing it, thinking of my Nephew who is having a difficult time right now. My 2 Nieces are, too, but not so much as my Nephew. I ALWAYS hope the best for them.

And, if God allows, that someday I have kids of my own, I will think of this song always, too, and wish and want the best for them.

Dedicated to my Nephew.

And one I want to dedicate to all, also... family, friends, everyone I knew and know and will come to know...

"Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim Mcgraw

~Lady B

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:blink:

March has never been a positive, power-provoking month for me.

Sadly, it seems that “bad karma” has oozed its’ way forth through every emotional, psychological, financial and physical fiber of my being and glommed on to those important to me. Between the losses of close friends and family, the upsets in our personal lives and the anxiety of it all, I pray that everything will be much better this month.

Prayers to those who need the love and support of a higher power and hugs to those who think that they be alone in their time of need.

Remember, you are never alone.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Hmm...

Aww JAcky.. B) seems Mr. TAr hasn't broken his "Knows just wot t' say" streak..thanks JAcky

I be dedicatin "Underneath it All" by No Doubt

Aye says a lot..

Hugs t' those wot needs..an hugs accepted back from those who would be so kind..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Hugs t' Lady B, Cheeky Actress an Red CAt.

Lady B, Jo Dee has another song, "My Give a Damn's Busted", which may be yer response t' those who done ye wrong.

Cheeks, I do not believe our fates are sealed. I hope yer real friends will support ye, an ye can help one another through these times.

Red CAt, No Doubt ye will receive hugs 'cause ye deserve 'em.

Okay, since a little humor always helps, here's my dedication - to all those on the Pub needing a chuckle.

From the movie Muppet Treasure Island

"When You're a Professional Pirate...Your're... Al...ways... in...the...Best...of...Com...pan...y! **Last bit sung with a Tim Curry flourish!**

Cheers all. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Red CAt, No Doubt ye will receive hugs 'cause ye deserve 'em.

Aw JAcky.. :o:o

:rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hugs t' Lady B, Cheeky Actress an Red CAt.

Lady B, Jo Dee has another song, "My Give a Damn's Busted", which may be yer response t' those who done ye wrong.

Thanks, Jacky. :::hugs back:::

My give-a-damn may be busted later... but right now... I haven't a give-a-damn. And luckily, it didn't end up to be "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood. I know a classmate who is on his way towards that right now. Would hate to see that happen to him... and her as both are good people. God help us.

Trying not to listen to the radio too much. Cause too much of it I can relate to and I'm at too much of a fragile state to even hold up to one of those songs and listen to it.

Aye, Cheeky... :::hugs to Cheeky::: prayers that this month is better. At least the hope is there.

Maybe when AWE and Port Washington comes out... we'll cheer up a bit more then.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Trying not to listen to the radio too much. Cause too much of it I can relate to and I'm at too much of a fragile state to even hold up to one of those songs and listen to it.

Lady B, when every other song is a love song, and I feel like ye do, I switch over t' a modern jazz station; nice music sans lyrics.

Sometimes we have bad days, weeks, or longer. Mayhaps we celebrate or suffer things alone. I call many here friend, and would like to think I can offer them some solace or support.

So, I humbly offer this thread as a place to post dedications to those who may need it. Despite the bravado, posturing and brave faces shown here, life can be taxing.

I dedicate this first post to everyone here...

"Life is Beautiful" by Vega4

Ahhhh Jacky Tar a pirate with a heart of gold. Truly the richest one here!

I think these next few months are the toughest for alot of people. I myself have had the "Loss Of Friends." The one thing have seen, and find rather amusing is people don't like it when you say no.

Then when you tell them, you want to move on and see what else there is the once clear, cool and refreashing spring called; "Friendship" dries up! So with this in mind I dedicate:

A Rose Is A Rose By: Susan Ashton

:rolleyes:

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• 3 weeks later...
Ahhhh Jacky Tar a pirate with a heart of gold.  Truly the richest one here!

I think  these next few months are the toughest for alot of people.  I myself have had the "Loss Of Friends."  The one thing have  seen, and find rather amusing is people don't like it when you say no.

Then when you tell them, you want to move on and see what else there is the once clear, cool and refreashing spring called; "Friendship" dries up!

Kendra, sorry I missed this post earlier. Thank ye fer yer kind words.

I hope the spring is flowin', again. If not, a little rain may need t' still fall...

Fer Kendra...

"Bring on the Rain" by Jo Dee Messina.

Ahhhh Jacky Tar a pirate with a heart of gold.  Truly the richest one here!

I think  these next few months are the toughest for alot of people.  I myself have had the "Loss Of Friends."  The one thing have  seen, and find rather amusing is people don't like it when you say no.

Then when you tell them, you want to move on and see what else there is the once clear, cool and refreashing spring called; "Friendship" dries up!

Kendra, sorry I missed this post earlier. Thank ye fer yer kind words.

I hope the spring is flowin', again. If not, a little rain may need t' still fall...

Fer Kendra...

"Bring on the Rain" by Jo Dee Messina.

Thats ok I have misread alot of things lately lol. still need that rain!!

Thanks

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

I know a carpenter in his 80s who would love that joke, Mats!

Indeed, I think I shall dedicate this song to him (it's one of his favourites, 'cause he was in the Navy, and has a tattoo of the Cutty Sark on his forearm to prove it):

"Barnacle Bill the Sailor"

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

AWw! Thanks Surfer Joe!

Heres one for you and Dex and Brad!

Nick Lowe - I knew the bride when she used to rock and rolll

For Mad Dog Davy:

Images in Vogue, "You Can Call it Love if You Want to"

Goddess grace, does that ever look dated now!

And I'm sorry I looked so horrified when you told me the name of the song.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

at this point, I'm torn between

Faith of the Heart and Before He Cheats. B)

Hey, I'm a pisces with pirate rising.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg