Master and Commander

AliasGraceO'Malley

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thar be a new book out called " Patrick O'Brians Navy"

I've gotten the chance to thumb through it at the local bookstore. To me, it looked great! Now, bear in mind I'm only just learning about all things nautical, and so I dunno if it might be too basic for some. But for me, I've got it on me wish list as well.

• 3 years later...

I have seen the HMS Rose, when it was docked in Bridgeport, Ct. a few years ago ,, right on Long I. sland Sound. It was walking distance from where I went to college. The ship, I recall, was quite small but the movie made it appear twice as big as it is in reality. It also does not have the fancy great-cabin with all the windows, which was retro-fitted for the movie.

SHIP2-1.jpg

That ship is not small. It's docked here in San Diego. I've been on it and while it can't hold a candle to the Star of India docked next door, it's still a large vessel.

RhumbaRue, when Isaw M&C, It looked like a vessel as big as the USSConstellation. What I remember about the Rose was something onlyslightly larger than the Mayflower in PLymouth Mssachusetts.

SHIP2-1.jpg

That ship is not small. It's docked here in San Diego. I've been on it and while it can't hold a candle to the Star of India docked next door, it's still a large vessel.

RhumbaRue, when Isaw M&C, It looked like a vessel as big as the USSConstellation. What I remember about the Rose was something onlyslightly larger than the Mayflower in PLymouth Mssachusetts.

I read that the Rose is a three quarter sized replica of the original HMS Rose....I'd still love to take a trip on her.

Resurrecting a thread after 4 years? That must have taken some searching.

I was on the Rose years ago when she was still a training ship and making a stop over in Halifax.

It appeared large in the respect of all the space it took... rigging and all.

But it was small compared to the Naval vessels around it. Not the bigger distroyers, but the smaller minesweepers.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they plan to ever do a sequel to this, my now-all-time-favorite movie?  :lol:

Capt. William

Last Fall I read an article where Russel Crowe said he was going to produce the next Aubrey movie but it did not give a time frame.

britishunionjackani.gif

• 1 month later...

Reading O'Brian yesterday...led me to be watchin this again tonight (for the umpteenth time ;) ) spent a good part of the day discussin ships and pics of ships..

so ...bump for this thread :huh:

For England, for home and for the prize! Whooogh I love this movie :huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Welllllll.....it don't hurt matters JAcky.. :D But then I'm a sucker fer a man in a Captain's coat.. :D

Heh I do really love this movie..an the lil blonde kid..awwwww what a performance..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aye, it be in my top 5 movies also.

"One must always choose the lesser of two weevils" vile clentch that it be, is my favorite quote, though quotable quotes abound throughout the movie and the books are just chock full of 'em, or blacks the white of me eye!

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands