Attention Dallas Pyrates

For all of you that live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I did all of the Texas casting for LIVING & DYING (I should be somewhere in the robbery scene). I will be at the Saturday showing, but not the Tuesday showing.

-CS

Following the robbery of a payroll office, two killers turn the tables on the trio of robbers during a hostage situation. Surrounded by the police, the robbers must become the heroes before the killers execute all the hostages.

Coming 2007 from HBO Films

International Distribution from New Film International

Cast: Edward Furlong, Michael Madsen, Arnold Vosloo, Bai Ling, Jordanna Spiro

Director/Writer: Jon Keeyes

See the trailer!

http://www.highlandmyst.com/livinganddying

LADnew-2.jpg

LIVING & DYING will be playing in competition at the American Film Institute Dallas International Film Festival to be held in Dallas, Texas.

LIVING & DYING will be screening on:

Tuesday, March 27 at 9:30pm at the Angelika Film Center

Saturday, March 31 at 7:00pm at The Magnolia

For more information, including ticket information, please visit http://www.afidallas.com

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Ahoy there, mate! Do you participate with a pirate group here in the north Texas area? I belong to the Brotherhood of the Coast, a group that is still in its formative stage but is growing all the time. Be ye interested in being a part of this crew? If so, drop me a line at blackbeads_tc@yahoo.com. Hoping to hear from ye!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

After I get relocated to deepest, darkest Plano I'd like to organize a piss up at the local pub to meet some North Texas Pyrates fer a pint. By the gods I hate moving.

-CS

------------------------------------------------------------

Do you live in Dallas/Ft.Worth area?

Would you like to be a movie extra?

our list is free to join and free of spam.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/texaslist/

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Done.

Me an' tha' lads n lasses of tha Wayward Child(given tha wax seal of our good Cap'n Roberts tha drunken Welsh-Irish runabout)will gladly shake a pint er three at tha drop.

Name tha lats an' lats, sirrah!

Sleinte'!

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Funny you should say that . . . the Brotherhood of the Gulf will be having a meeting in Arlington on March 15th at the Trail Dust Steakhouse at the intersection of I-30 and Hwy 360. ALL DFW area pyrates, well, ALL PYRATES EVERYWHERE, are welcome!

Blackbead

Arlington on March 15th at the Trail Dust Steakhouse at the intersection of I-30 and Hwy 360.

I'm pretty sure that would be on a Thor's Day? Think I may actually be free that evening.

-CS

guns_boobies2.jpg

Thor's Day it is! I thought about having it on Piatnitsa but I figured everybody would be busy.

Hope to see you there!

BB

I'd be interested in attending said meet if there is invitation. I'll mark the Arlington date on me sundial...er....loggerhead book....ehm...next ta me tattoo...ahm...anyway it's the day afore me b'day an' me beloved Irish Day. What a weekend it should be!

Funny you should say that . . . the Brotherhood of the Gulf will be having a meeting in Arlington on March 15th at the Trail Dust Steakhouse at the intersection of I-30 and Hwy 360. ALL DFW area pyrates, well, ALL PYRATES EVERYWHERE, are welcome!

Blackbead

What tyme is this shootenanny? Is this a meet and greet or an excuse to personify(my wife:"No you don't need to put yer pyrate gear on to go to the beer store." me: "But I wanna play pyrate! Pleeeeeeaaasssse!")?

To ALL interested pyrates in the DFW area and ESPECIALLY to Captain Satan and Flintlock jack:

The Brotherhood of the Gulf will behaving a formative get together at the Trail Dust Steak House at the corner of IH-30 and Hwy 360 in Arlington on Thursday, March 15th. The actual get together will begin at 7:30 but Captain jasper and I plan on being there early to start the pre-St. Patrick's Day festivities. We hope to see you there!

Blackbead

Thank you Blackbead for the gracious invite. Meself and herself(the incredible Tempest Fitzgerald)will be attending said soiree and look forward to meeting all.

A coupla questions: Will this be a dining experience or a barstool get together?

Dress code(pyrate/naked?...better prepared than Polish I always say)?

Till our merry meeting....

Flintlock Jack (aka Naed Fitzgerald).

Sleinte!

Questions, questions! Always questions!

And, as the Captain says, I ALWAYS seem to have all the answers!

I'll be there in non-garb (shorts and a t-shirt probably) but you are free to dress however you wish so long as you don't expect anyone to post your bail if it's more than we be carrying in the wallet! Furthermore, Captain Jasper and meself plan on having a sizzling hunk of grilled meat straight off the barbicoa but feel free to eat afore ye arrive and simply sit and chat with a frosty beverage to hand. <_<

This be a meetin' of discovery as much as it is of organizin'.

Blackbead

After I get relocated to deepest, darkest Plano I'd like to organize a piss up at the local pub to meet some North Texas Pyrates fer a pint. By the gods I hate moving.

-CS

------------------------------------------------------------

Do you live in Dallas/Ft.Worth area?

Would you like to be a movie extra?

our list is free to join and free of spam.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/texaslist/

I'm with you on the moving, we just did that this month ourselves. How did we accumalate so much shite over the years? Thunderin' jaze!

A future piss sounds well and admirable. Like I always say: If I'm sober buy me a drink, if I'm drunk prop me up.

I know Plano well. Well, I know Plano. Does this make you just a 'plano' pyrate. Sorry, couldn't stop meself. I can resist anything but temptation. Tough crowd.

Look forward to meeting you, Cap'n S!

Sleinte!

To ALL interested pyrates in the DFW area and ESPECIALLY to Captain Satan and Flintlock jack:

The Brotherhood of the Gulf will behaving a formative get together at the Trail Dust Steak House at the corner of IH-30 and Hwy 360 in Arlington on Thursday, March 15th.  The actual get together will begin at 7:30 but Captain jasper and I plan on being there early to start the pre-St. Patrick's Day festivities.  We hope to see you there!

Blackbead

It was wonderful and fun to meet everyone. You and your wife are great people!

I know I was very talkative, and hopefully your meal wasn't too frostbitten by the time you actually got to enjoy it. Looking forward to another meet up!

To all who joined us last night at the Trail Dust, whether early or late:

Thank you for coming out and I apologize most profusely to those who didn't link up with us till the last minute! Nine adventuresome souls, more than enough to crew the Black Pearl so I've heard, met and mingled over drinks and food. It was a good start and I guarantee that everyone will receive a written report of the proceedings soon in an email through regular BOTG post. It was a pleasure to see those we've met before and a pleasure to meet some new faces. Now, on with the show . . . THIS IS IT!

Blackbead

INAUGURAL MEETING FOR THE DFW CREW

OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE GULF

Attendees (alphabetical-like, to be sure):

Blackbead

Captain Jane Jasper

Captain Satan

Flintlock Jack

Iron Roger Kidd

Mad Molly Magee

Mr. Kirby

PirateSSe

Shamus McGee

Tempest Fitzgerald

Parties arrived in dribs and drabs from the beginning of the first dog watch (6:30 PM) and enjoyed the warmth of the pub until approximately the last bell of the last dog watch (7:30 PM). We were then seated and ate roasted and fried meats, huge racks of ribs fresh from the barbicoa, baked tubers (that marvelous Incan vegetable brought to the Olde World in the 1400’s), a rather tame salmagundi, and various deep fried meats, fungi and cheeses. The evening was regretfully closed about the time of the third bell of the first watch (2130 hours.)

Discussion was principally of the “getting to know you” variety but there was some business conducted. The crew talked about what they wanted to do with this group. Uniformly, the participants want to have fun and the majority of the activities will be aimed in that heading. This means that the garb worn by our members will not be policed in any way and that, so long as you are presenting the “image” of a pirate/corsair/ buccaneer, you are acceptable. Two other possibilities were discussed – 1) that a portion of the group takes part in charitable activities (a Relay for Life team, walking the Aids Walk in garb, etc.) and 2) that a portion of the group is interested in presenting a more authentic, living history type image to the public. The bottom line is that we want the group to be “big” enough for all three of these ideas to be realized.

There will be local area crews with captains in each area. This is going to be a very loosely organized group without a great deal of structure or form. The principals will be a natural outgrowth of the event in planning. If there is an event going on in Fort Worth, then the Fort Worth inhabitants that are members of the crew will take responsibility for hosting the event. On the contrary, when the first member of the group announces that they are attending a particular event then the rest of the crew will depend on them to be the “organizers.” For instance, group ticket prices are available at both TRF and Scarbie – if you are the first person to announce that you are going to attend either on a particular weekend then the group has the right to look to you to organize the purchase of said group tickets, IF enough crewmembers announce the intention of going. (If only six of us are going on a weekend then we’re on our own – you may have to have a few extra beers at your campsite for other crewmembers who drop by but you will NOT be expected to bend the rules of the Faire and get discount tickets for a group of six!) TRF requires 25 or more and Scarbie requires ten or more.

Most of our articles will evolve as we go along but that’s probably a subject that we should talk about. The Brotherhood of the Gulf has a group on Yahoo! at :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brotherhoodofthegulf/

and members and those interested in becoming members should join up and get information about the groups doings there. Let us begin an email conversation about articles in that forum.

Blackbead announces a pirate invasion of First Saturday on Bluebonnet Circle on April 7th, 2007!! The crew of The Adventure Fantasy will set up their pirate’s market on Bluebonnet Circle (the traffic circle south of TCU on University Drive.) The market, along with some other more mundane shops and tents, will be open from the fourth bell of the forenoon watch (10:00 AM) to the eighth bell of the afternoon watch (4:00 PM). ‘Tween that time, the handsome crew of this fine ship will be set up in the park in the Circle with their tent made of canvas and their flag flying high! Come on out and sit with us, mingle with the townsfolk, and have a glass of wine with some cheese and soft bread. This event will give us a chance to learn each other’s natures and quirks and may make a few ducats for ol’ Blackbead! Please RSVP no later than March 31st so I’ll have some idea of the number of bottles of vin to procure and the number of loaves to purchase at the dockside bakery.

Till we meet again, a fair wind and a treasure-laden sloop to ye!