Gasparilla 2004

Lady Elaina

nope...found one in the next surburb over from me in northern virginia. but i would like to find one in florida. the house in fl is almost ready, i heard the roof is on, the outside is painted, and the dry wall is up....i'll be there soon!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Hi everyone!!

The big day is this weekend and this be me first gasparilla pirate invasion. I will be posting photos of our float, the pirates and the Gaspar ship.

Now I have a photo similar to what I will be wearing:

pose-dinner_02.jpg

I made this dress to scale.. at the moment I am sewing on the thousands of tiny sequins all over the layers. The top and sleeves are completely done so far. The dress is already covered in 10,000 or more black crystal beads.. (I started on this dress 1 year ago)!

If it rains this weekend I will not be wearing this dress!! The forecast is ify so far. :P Just like last weekend!!!!!! :P

Photos coming!!! back to bead sorting as usual, got to get my loot ready!! The loot bag weighs 56 lbs!! That be a lot of beads!!

Gabrielle :lol:

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

I note that Gasparilla made the cover of No Quarter Given (received my copy in the mail yesterday).

No way we could make it; looks like we'll have to cancel out on Drake's Raid as well. We are holding it down this year to a Colonial Days event, first weekend in March at Dauphin Island, and Contraband Days at Lake Charles; trying to avoid the costs of airline tickets, and the time/gas bill for long drives.

Flintlock pistol purchase is afield; reckon we can't afford both buyin' the stuff, and goin' places to wear it! :ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Hi everybody! I just got back from Gasparilla, though I was just watchin'. The floats were awesome, and I hope I saw some of ye scallywags there. :ph34r::ph34r:

Hey, ho, to the bottle I go,

To heal my heart and drown my woe,

Rain may fall, and wind may blow,

But there still be...

Many miles to go!

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,

And the stream that flows from hill to plain.

Better than rain or rippling brook,

Is a mug of beer inside this Took!

HEY!

This wench never says no to a free grog...

StichWitchJane, the pyrate with an education

ph34r the l33t pyr4t3!

(Capt Tito bows to the fair Lady Elaina and in recognition of her definite beauty, and thanks for her getting the beads, kisses her hand in a warm devout gesture)

More poetry to come to ye m'lass :)

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Gory details! We want gory details!

Ye musta had fun!

C'mon, lasses, give us the scoop!

:huh:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

just got back from beautiful n sunny florida a few hours ago...already missing it!

i'll type up a rewiew and i have lots of pictures to post!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I have lots of gory details... I met up with the Ye Mystic Krewe themselves at their Private Ball and after party at the Marriott. It was a lot of fun but I am truly exhausted!!

I will be back later with details and many many photos. I was on top of our float .. too cool!!! The photos came out well. It was hard to take photos my family says.. everyone was jumping up and down in the bleachers.

So much for life in the fast lane... I off to bed for now!!!!

Gabrielle

Ok...

I have 2 disposable cameras to take in.. I have some photos from a digital camera that I am posting on my site tomorrow and I am awaiting some more from a friend of mine (She took marvelous ones with her professional camera).

The parade was allot like fantasy fest to me. The moments before the parade were awesome.... I remember all of us riding over the bridge backstage and the pirate ship and 1000's of little boats in the floatilla going under us. It was breathtaking.... the pirates literally took over the whole city.

We had to wait backstage for 3 hours until the parade started!!! So we traded beads with the other 130 crews and drank champagne listening to OutKast and various other party music on the float.

The parade itself lasted 3 and a half hours for us... not including all the walking we had to do to the Beader's Ball. That took place at the convention center and had 100's of people. It was fun but I was already tired and left early. I walked across the street to the Tampa Marriott.. they turned the inside into pirate paradise... and it was packed with 100's of pirates in the lobby. That is where I ran into most of the Ye Mystic Krewe and hung out for a little while.

All though The Mystic Krewe allowed themselves to be the only Pirates..... I still saw The Henry Morgan float and various others dressed in "not so obvious but obvious to some Pirate Garb" It was wonderful!!

I think the highlight for me was seeing the families and children dressed up as pirates... even babies (Thousands). And meeting the Tampa Bay Bucs again was cool. I loved the floats.. all though my darn beads keep tangling.... so we just threw them in clumps LOL

Photos coming,,,,,,but I want pics of those baby pirates!!!!! If you have any Paisley pls send away!!! We are not allowed to take pics on the Float. I am waiting for photos of our float... I was on top of it in that beaded dress. I am having the TV footage sent to me for screen capping. The footage has the best images that I can freeze. So many pirates in one place.... wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

My plate is full now.. I have so many orders for costumes I have to get started tomorrow to be ready for the next parade year.

As for my family they are exhausted too. They left early and still had to walk miles to the parade route. Then they ended up sitting in the bleachers with someone who was on heavy drugs and kept trying to get them to drink her very spiked gatorade. It was funny but not funny. My mother accidentally told her my name not thinking she would do anything,.,,,,when I went by on my float I heard someone yell "GABRIELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GEMMEEEE THOSE BEAAAADDDDSSSSSSSS"!!!!!!!!!!! I looked up so stunned that I missed seeing my family that was sitting right in front of her loool.

And some people in the audience actually threw beads back at us because they didn't like them. I think I threw one back at those people and actually hit her in the eye.,.. oopssss!!!

More to come...

Gabrielle :ph34r:

Here is a link to what I saw on the Bus... when we were going over the bridge... it is breathtaking... and there are other pics and useful info as well!!!

The Ship Jose Gaspar and her floatilla:

http://www.tampagov.net/about_Tampa/featur...arilla%2004.jpg

http://www.tampagov.net/about_Tampa/featur...rilla/index.asp

Close up of the ship:

http://www.tampagov.net/about_Tampa/featur...arilla%2012.jpg

Paisley...

Which area of the Bleachers did you end up??? My family was on the Marina side. And were you on the waterfront side??

I hope you had a safe visit.. I did not sleep for 3 days.. (2 days before and the day of) so I was utterly exhausted.

Hope to see the photos :)

i was in the marina section....31....no pics of babies, but i did get one of your float. the people in my section were very nice, couldn't have asked for better. when i saw your float go by i started yelling "elaina" (wasn't sure which name to yell)...don't think you heard us. (the other women started yelling your name with me)oh well...

my son learned real fast how to get beads. he probably ended up with at least 6lbs.

i'm buggin hubby on how to post a webpage so i can get all the pics on there for ya..

micah wanted me to tell you that his hair is messed up in picture..."but that's part of being a pirate" (i laughed about that one)

titanic1.jpg

micahbeads1.jpg

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

That be the finest float in the festival m'ladies!!

Glad you all had fun.

Reminds me of Seattle's Seafair parade last summer.

Paisley, yer son be lookin awesome!!

I be (hopefully) takin me boy to the Alex Bay parade this summer.

Any advice???

Elaina, glad you had a great time at the ball. I am sure all ye non-mystic order peeps outclassed the mystic orderers and their sad rules!!

Here's to ye all :(

(toasts to the ladies and bows before them with a graceful kiss to their hands)

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Wow!!!!!

That is an awesome photo of the float!!! I see myself up above the others on the main deck below that guy who is stading up on the back (I am under the last smoke stack).. my own family could not get that good of a photo... everyone kept putting their hands up and blocking them!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I will be looking at your site soon!!!!

And yes I could not hear a thing except for that woman yelling "Gabrieleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Beadssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!' And that was because she was so loud. I almost went deaf from all the screaming... I am glad you got a lot of beads!! I still have a whole case left over.

Gabrielle