Gasparilla 2004

Lady Elaina

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be interested in going. You have any details?

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

I'd love to go but, doubt I will for two reasons 1) that's the time of year when m' and the girls start gearing up for the year on the Ren Faire circuit and 2) not enough funds for both Gasparilla and the regular run on the circuit. :lol: Maybe one of these years.

Captain Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

seriously thinkin bout it...need to go check on progress of the new house anyway...kill two birds with one stone.

also thinkin bout taking the powder monkey outta school, so he can go.

keep me posted!

:lol::lol::lol:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Elaina-

are you still planning to attend? i know you're right down the road from the party...

was looking at airline tickets last night. thinkin bout jan 30-feb 9th. kids parade is on the 31st...was checking how my son could be in it.

any ideas?

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Hello Lady Elaina,

Now that I have the bug ( a pirate bug that is) I am going to Tampa for that event. I visited Tampa last July and learned of the Gaspar legend. Where do most of the events take place, Ebor City or on the waterfront?

Another fun fest is ithe Morehead City, NC Blackbeard Fest. I went this past year and had a blast. It was more kid oriented, not like the PIP fest.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED PIP!!!!!!, but I also enjoyed enriching young chidrens' perceptions of pirates in NC. I hope to see you down in Tampa!

P.S. Where's Treasure Island?

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Treasure Isle is off the coast of St Petersburg. Yes I remember you from PIP!!!!!

I will be in all 5 parades.. but on a Titanic float. I think all the other 100 crews will be pirates of some sort. I will be sure to throw some beads your direction!! I think Matt may come too.. we will see!!

Gabrielle :lol:

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

A Titanic float? Are you involved in the design and/ or construction of the float?

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Lady Elaina-

are you still planning to attend? i know you're right down the road from the party...

was looking at airline tickets last night. thinkin bout jan 30-feb 9th. kids parade is on the 31st...was checking how my son could be in it.

any ideas

I know to be in the parades you have to be in a crew. I know that mine is capped at 50 parading members for our float. We will have some children with us in the kids' parade.. but they are from a school that we volunteer at here in the area.

As far as being in the parade now it will be hard. First you have to be in a crew that approves you to be in the parade, Then you have to sign all the paperwork for Gasparilla (Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla, the crew that is putting this whole thing on) to be in the parades. Then they have to give you the final approval.

I will tell you that for next time the dues for these crews are pretty steep if you will parade with them (which is another option and you dont have to parade). Thats why I joined my crew about 6 months ago. The costumes that I made for myself alone costed me $600.00.

I can help you find a place to stay and alert of a special place to sit for better parade viewing. The parties will also be amazing this year.

I hope that helps..

Gabrielle

:)

No.. my freind Judy Tarentino designed the float. She worked with the guy that helps set up all the Titanic artifacts at all the exhibits,, (he helped set up the big Mosi one here too where we have the hull of the Titanic).

I am on the costume commitee for my Titanic crew. I just displayed some of my work at our crew fashion show which was open to the public.

I was approached to be a part of this crew because I was the first actress to ever perform for a Titanic Exhibit. So I am their actress that performs for them. You cant miss me.. I will have the big fluffy red hair on the float .. kinda like Kate Winslets' look.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

still plan on comin down jan 30 - feb9...hope we get to meet lady elaina, you too master studley.

i'm still miffed (?) over the pirate costume thing....not true pirates!...anywho...

i was trying to find a crew to hook up with down there. can you reccomend one? i'd like to get into reenactments, faires, etc. not just a krewe that volunteers for charity & gasparilla.

thanks lass!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Of Course the audience members can dress up, Its just the other Krewes that are in the parade that they are miffed about, and the pirate party afterwards is one not to be missed,

I hope to meet you too Paisley, I'd be changing out of my Winslet dress into my true pirate colors at the hotel after the parade, and showing them that we are the real pirates!!!

Just hope to get a head count of who all be coming for sure, and who is bringing black powder to make things interesting..

Gabrielle ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone, here is whatI have from the meeting,

Yes the bleacher seats are worth it, you will be bombarded with beads and not be trampled by spectators (that happened to a freind of mine) There will be about 1 million or more people in the audience, pls be careful.

The best bleacher seats are where I am putting my family, the Marina section. That way you can walk over to the pirate fest and listen to good music and hang out. (And not walk for miles).

I have to go to a Bead Ball around 5pm, but will not stay all night, I will be exhausted, my krewe is not in the floatilla this year (thank god, we would have to be up at 7 am or earlier) and the parade lasts till 5 pm.

I myself will be throwing 1,000 strands of beads and have to get belts to hold them all. Our float is the sinking Titanic. I will be wearing Kate Winslet's dinner dress in that one. We will all be on TV, even the audience so be on your best pirate behavior, no looting wthout me! :huh:

This is the 100 year celebration, so it is going to be big. Our float position is 31, which is a big deal because there is 120 floats or more in this parade.

My family and I will be staying at the Hilton, which is right in the middle of everything. If you need info about where to stay, pls feel free to contact me right away. I have lots of info here, and treasure, and info on where to park.

If you need scans of maps, a place for us to meet, anything, send me a msg, I am here.

Hugs and Cutlasses,

Gabrielle :huh:

can i hold up a sign that reads:

"ye mystic krewe are bilge water!"

...took your advice and just bought two bleacher seats in marina section.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

i'm actually missing the childrens parade. i found stage combat classes that start on feb 1..so i'm leaving after class....but wiil be there the first week of feb (1st-8th)

got my tickets too, section 31, row 6, bayshore, east side, near swann....am i in a good spot?

also...i'm sure you'll be busy, busy, busy...but i can mail you my cell # so we can meet, if ya want.

if not, i hope you have a great time!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg