Favorite movie quotes

Matusalem

Anybody up for mentioning movie quotes? Not necessarily pirates films. This needn't be a contest either, just something that sticks in your mind.

OK, The Big Lebowski:

Jesus Quintana: You ready to be fucked, man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up.

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."

The Dude: Jesus.

Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

Walter Sobchak:.... Eight-year-olds, Dude.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Well, actually this thread is different from the other movie quotes thread. In the other one you have to guess which movie the quote is from. In this one it's just posting your favorite movie quote. Big difference!

Here's one of my favorite movie quotes:

From Wizard of Oz

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others."

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

From Blade 3:

"but he'll kill me"

"Mother F***er I'll kill you"

From Pitch Black:

"Amazing how you can do without the essentials of life, so long as you have the luxuries."

&

"People, just a suggestion. Perhaps you should *flee*! " (I think that every time something bad is going on :huh: )

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Well, actually this thread is different from the other movie quotes thread.  In the other one you have to guess which movie the quote is from.  In this one it's just posting your favorite movie quote.

That was my thought. I almost combined this with the MQ Game, but it's basically different, so...

"Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease." -C3PO

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Mr. Leuchtag: Liebchen, uh, sweetness heart, what watch?

Mrs. Leuchtag: Ten watch.

Mr. Leuchtag: Such much?

and

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Croupier: [hands him a roll of bills] Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: Oh, thank you very much. [loud] Everybody out at once!

(Casablanca, 1942)

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

Mystery Men is SO full of great lines:

"We've got a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

"You must be like the wolf pack, not like the six-pack."

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering."

"There's not enough beer in the world, Spleen, I'm sorry."

RHJMap.jpg

" My Whips ! " Heavy Metal animated movie...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Weird Al from UHF:

"...We'll forget about how miserable we are, and how much life SUCKS, and how we're all gonna grow old and DIE someday! ...Hope you ENJOY IT!!!!"

May the winds of fortune sail you

May you sail a gentle sea

May it always be the other guy who says "this drinks on me"

http://www.susquehannarangers.com/

Which is lifted from one of the early Greek historians... Herodotus or Thucydides. I remember coming across that when I was ancient studies dude. I think there are better quotes from the film, however (which I will admit ranks up there in my top 10 favorite philosophy films). For instance...

Conan's Father: The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan, you must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.

[Points to sword]

"There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child." King Osric, from Conan the Barbarian

(I used this as a sig for awhile.)

Thulsa Doom: I wish to speak to you now. Where is the Eye of the Serpent? Rexor said that you gave it to a girl; probably for a mere night's pleasure. Such a loss. People have no grasp of what they do.

Conan: The riddle... of steel.

Thulsa Doom: Yes! You know what it is, don't you boy? Shall I tell you? It's the least I can do. Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! Look around you. There, on the rocks; that beautiful girl. Come to me, my child...

[the girl jumps to her death]

Thulsa Doom: That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

"He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection... they find only death... fire... loss... disillusionment... the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can't be given, it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from Man himself. "

- It conquered the World

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Croupier: [hands him a roll of bills] Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: Oh, thank you very much. [loud]  Everybody out at once!

(Casablanca, 1942)

:blink: Renault is such a great character for a slimeball. Rick is good too. (What a great movie. I first saw it about two years ago and instantly became one of my five favorite films.) That reminds me of another great Bogie quote...

"All we've got is that maybe you love me and maybe I love you."

"You know whether you love me or not."

"Maybe I do. I'll have some rotten nights after I've sent you over, but that'll pass."

(The Maltese Falcon)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

:huh: I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. :huh:

Jaws...

hungry?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Emergency! Emergency ! Everybody to get from Street!

Walt Whittaker: I'm sorry, I-- I wasn't trying to-- Well, I-- I was trying to kill you, I'll admit that, but it wasn't-- I mean, it wasn't anything personal.

Lieutenant Rozanov: Hmm... don't do it no more.

The Russians are Coming! the Russians are coming! :)

Oh, and: "Klaatu Barada Nikto."

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Mr. Addams - a query, pray thee:

The quote you use as part of your signature "Live while yore alive . . . then die and be done with it!" I recall it from a story about a young boy and his grandfather going to a fair . . . and, of course, it is attributed to Johnny Gunther in Death Be Not Proud. But, do you know the story of the boy and his grandfather? It's a sentiment that I've lived by for a long time, ever since reading the story, but I've lost the name of the story and the author to the mists of time and I'd love to get them back. So, can you give me a star to guide meself by? It would be a boon never to be forgotten . . .

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Oh, and lest I forget . . .

Elwood P. Dowd: Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

Well, that's from the movie "Harvey," of course. And, say, why don't you and your friend there come with me downtown to a very nice pub I know. It's called the Pyracy Pub and it's on the corner of . . . well, you know where it is, that's wonderful. I'll see you there then . . .

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Sorry ya let ye down Blackbeard. I don't know of any literary origins fer the sayin'--it was just a piece of advice from my Grandpa.

He never completed grade school--such was the case back before World War I--and I know he didn't read much outside newspapers. Maybe he picked it up from Grandma--she was a school teacher.

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!