need socks(hose)

silas thatcher

My personal favourites stocking are those on the below link... Which only come in "natural" (basically think brownish-beige oatmeal colour), but outside being a boring colour they are very comfortable and lighter than most wool stockings sold, and are made of more period correct fibres than the cotton ones (if one bothers to care about fibre content). They ship fairly quickly, specially if you phone your order in... Google "JAS Townsend", "Smoke and Fire Company" or "G Gedney Godwin" for other more colourful options, but expect a heavier, thicker and more warm sock.

Hamilton Dry Goods - Linsey-Woolsey stocking.

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

However ...Weeping heart Traders will be AT PiP. And we needs t'keep im comin back.

Greg sells the Linsey-Woolsey socks as well.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Silas, you should have said something, I just bought two new pair at Ft. Osage and won't be using them anytime soon, coulda made you a deal. Oh well. Wilde Weavery is here in MO and travels to a lot of events. His wife does some of the best period weaving in the re-enacting world. They don't make their stockings but do carry them as well. I'll try and get you a link to their site too. Should have loaned ye my short-jacket too. but wasn't thinking. Too much college! Have fun and enjoy your experience.

Bo

If he does, I will definately buy some from him... But I was looking for a pair back in August, and Greg was the first person I called... Unfortunately at that time he did not have any... Now this is a few months ago and things may have changed (and I really hope they have), but Greg left me with the impression he would not likely be getting them in again.

However ...Weeping heart Traders will be AT PiP. And we needs t'keep im comin back.

Greg sells the Linsey-Woolsey socks as well.

Michael_banner.jpg

If he does, I will definately buy some from him... But I was looking for a pair back in August, and Greg was the first person I called... Unfortunately at that time he did not have any... Now this is a few months ago and things may have changed (and I really hope they have), but Greg left me with the impression he would not likely be getting them in again.

Oh! I didn't know that. I bought some from him at Hampton. Why not pm him or post in his thread, Silas? Of the vendors from last year, he would have been the most likely to have PC socks.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh! I didn't know that. I bought some from him at Hampton. Why not pm him or post in his thread, Silas? Of the vendors from last year, he would have been the most likely to have PC socks.

jest throwin out a general question for some conformation... NOBODY at the pirate fest in town had any..... will pick some up there...

Silas, you should have said something, I just bought two new pair at Ft. Osage and won't be using them anytime soon, coulda made you a deal. Oh well. Wilde Weavery is here in MO and travels to a lot of events. His wife does some of the best period weaving in the re-enacting world. They don't make their stockings but do carry them as well. I'll try and get you a link to their site too. Should have loaned ye my short-jacket too. but wasn't thinking. Too much college! Have fun and enjoy your experience.

Bo

i do like that short jacket.... mebbe by next year i'll have one made...still have to work out the trousers/breeches issues we are having... will learn more at pip by picking other's brains :)

Socks, socks and more socks! I'm putting together an order from my sock source. I'm going to have a wide variety available, so please stop by

There are two more styles that I can add to my order if you are interested.

Vertical striped wool/cotton blend. Narrow stripes. Michael, is this what you're after? The last time I saw you, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get these again

Vertical wide striped light cotton. Blue/black, and Maroon/black. Anybody interested?

Thanks, Greg

Vertical striped wool/cotton blend. Narrow stripes. Michael, is this what you're after? The last time I saw you, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get these again

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,

It was the plain natural Linsey-Woolsey socks that I was after.... I'm a bit uptight when it comes to stripes...won't wear them in real life or as a part of my re-enacting gear....

Michael_banner.jpg

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,

It was the plain natural Linsey-Woolsey socks that I was after.... I'm a bit uptight when it comes to stripes...won't wear them in real life or as a part of my re-enacting gear....

I second the motion. If you bring oatmeal colored L-W socks, I'll snag a pair from you. (No stripes in my costume, thanks. It's too Mr. Smee for me.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,

I second the motion. If you bring oatmeal colored L-W socks, I'll snag a pair from you. (No stripes in my costume, thanks. It's too Mr. Smee for me.)

yes...but i thought Vertical stripes were apropriate??.....they make me look taller...just picked up some grey silk hose down at smoke & fire...it's those dam-blasted horizontal stripes be the death of me ;)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,

Guys, I know where to get the socks you crave, but they come from a different source, and I don't have enough time to get them in. Normally, I would agree with you about the stripe thing, but they go so well with my pirate stuff. Besides, striped socks are for real men! ;)

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,

yes...but i thought Vertical stripes were apropriate??.....they make me look taller...just picked up some grey silk hose down at smoke & fire...it's those dam-blasted horizontal stripes be the death of me ;)

Dogge, you are correct. The vertical stripes are appropriate. And, I have the opposite problem, I wear horizontal stripes to make me skinny pins look bigger, and, me not so tall! ;)

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg,

yes...but i thought Vertical stripes were apropriate??.....they make me look taller...just picked up some grey silk hose down at smoke & fire...it's those dam-blasted horizontal stripes be the death of me :lol:

Dogge, you are correct. The vertical stripes are appropriate. And, I have the opposite problem, I wear horizontal stripes to make me skinny pins look bigger, and, me not so tall! ;)

"You there, Lass; do these socks make my legs look fat?"

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...