Weeping Heart Trade Company

Greg

Ahoy, mates!

Please file this under shameless self promotion. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I just wanted to let y'all know that I do plan to attend again this year. If there's something in particular you are looking for, or want me to bring, just let me know. I will try to oblige.

For those of you who have tried to contact me in the past couple of months, here's the deal: When your messages came in I was on the road most of the time. Finally, finished up with that, then I had a little disagreement with one of my leather knives. The knife won, and I ended up with 12 stitches in the middle finger of my left hand (my writing hand). Managed to nick the tendon too. So, my finger was splinted for about 3 weeks, which does make typing a bit difficult. Not to worry mates, the doctor says that I have 100% functionality again, but I still need to go a bit easy on it. So, if any of you felt I was ignoring you, I wasn't. I was just having technical difficulties, as they say.

Harry, My paperwork and check are on the way. Hope you're still willing to have me. Sorry it's a little late, but see above.

Thanks all! Looking forward to seeing everybody again!

Just Greg

Merchant Extraordinaire

I am looking for a large bone saw. Preferably one that looks like this:

med_gallery_1929_27_24501.jpg

Bring one of those and I'll buy it off you.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

*sigh ~ Poor Mission, in his interminable search for that lovely bone saw.

But...

Yay! Greg, so happy to hear you are alive, if bleeding a bit ('tis a mere flesh wound, right?), and will be making it to PiP! I look forward to seeing you there, and spending more money on your lovely wares.

YHS,

Mary

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Greg luv! So glad to hear you are none the worse for the battle with the leather knife. So glad to hear you will be with us again this year! Be sure to stop at the Hide one evening for grog & song and tales!

Oh! N I needs sum silk stockins. ;)

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Okay, these are my replies to your messages in the order they came in:

Fayma, dear, you do know that there are bridges across the Ohio River now, don't ya love? But, then again, I guess any excuse to go to PIP is a good one!

Harry, Thanks so much! I owe you one. And you're right..... knives...... bad!

Mission, you're a sick, sick man! Ah well, I love you anyway. My wife says that I'm no longer allowed to play with sharp objects, so, I'm afraid that I won't be able to supply said saw. The only place I know of that has anything close is G. Gedney Godwin (http://www.gggodwin.com/CartGenie/prod-54.htm), but, I'm guessing that you've probably already discovered them. BTW, the scar on my finger looks just like some of your finest work.... after you've been idling in some grog shop all afternoon! LOL

Mary, well, it was a bit more than a flesh wound, but I'm healing nicely. As to the shopping comment, I like the way you think, lass!

Callenish, Thanks, my friend. A 1,250 mile (one way) road trip is a bit much, but then again, it's snowing here, so some Florida sunshine is sounding pretty good!

Silkie, love, you can count on me showing up at the ordinary at least a couple of nights, guitar and sense of humor in tow! Please put me down for Friday and Saturday evening meals. I know that it's totally out of character for me to put much in my body besides beer, but it sounds good!

Capt'n Jim, my friend, you, me, and a bottle of rum..... 'Nough said!

Mad Dogge, your concern is touching. So is your confusion. Just to clear things up it was a knife that cuts leather. A really sharp knife that cuts fingers rather smartly as well!

Thanks, y'all, anything else you need, just let me know,

Just Greg

Merchant Extraordinaire

i must tell a tale on our fine merchant. I ran across him at battle of the hook a month or so back and was greeted by same said injured splinted finger waving from across the tent. seemed he was rather proud, shall we say, of showing off his injured digit. that or he actually remembered me from the festival- but usually thats greeted by thrown objects....

Greg, i passed on your comments to pern and pete. hit sterling up for ideas on the venue we talked about- he, silkie, and gunner have all seen the site. see ya in the spring mate.

i must tell a tale on our fine merchant. I ran across him at battle of the hook a month or so back and was greeted by same said injured splinted finger waving from across the tent. seemed he was rather proud, shall we say, of showing off his injured digit. that or he actually remembered me from the festival- but usually thats greeted by thrown objects....

Greg, i passed on your comments to pern and pete. hit sterling up for ideas on the venue we talked about- he, silkie, and gunner have all seen the site. see ya in the spring mate.

Other than the fact that I owe the man money.... Now what am I being hit for?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Greg, good to hear that you are making PIP again this year. I'm looking for a handle for my skinning knife. I was going to try to make some myself but as some projects go......... Do you have some handles you can bring down? It is a Greenriver.

Thanks,

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Call off the dogs, I got a large bone saw. Well, I will have a large bone saw once it gets here...which will be after I leave for PiP, alas. It's coming from England and, while not quite as exciting as the Woodall saw, it is the right size and it's actually from the mid 18th century, so it is pretty well the right object. It has a wing nut that agrees with most of those I've seen from period and it even has a maker's mark - something much desired by collectors of surgical equipment. You can see that in the last photo. (It's a crown atop an 's')

gallery_1929_27_11739.jpg

gallery_1929_27_99741.jpg

gallery_1929_27_12492.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

That rocks!!!

I'm a little amazed and a whole lot impressed that you found a close to comtemporary peice for the GAoP. :D

Congrats! I can't wait to see it.... Used on someone other than me!!! :o

Call off the dogs, I got a large bone saw. Well, I will have a large bone saw once it gets here...which will be after I leave for PiP, alas. It's coming from England and, while not quite as exciting as the Woodall saw, it is the right size and it's actually from the mid 18th century, so it is pretty well the right object. It has a wing nut that agrees with most of those I've seen from period and it even has a maker's mark - something much desired by collectors of surgical equipment. You can see that in the last photo. (It's a crown atop an 's')

***Images snipped for brevity***

Michael_banner.jpg

Hey Greg,

I know you used to carry the linsey-woolsey socks/stocking, but you had run out in August or September when I was trying to order some... You had left me with the impression that you were not planning on carrying them any more, but if you do order some more in, you can guarantee I will buy at least one or two pairs of them at PiP...

Cheers.

Also, I don't know if you carry them or not, but flints... I've noticed a lot of scrambling for replacement flints (pistol, rifle and musket sizes), so it might be worth your time to bring a good stock of those.

Michael_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Greg,

hope you made it home safely, avoiding all low flying benches. I thankfully made it home, avoiding potentially deadly rising concrete tile and flying Dutchman.

Hope the rum helped to ease the bruising...ego or otherwise.

Be thankful at least that your acrobatics were in the dark and on the grassy field. If it hadn't been for the Dutchman's daring rescue I fear my hard landing in front of the masses would have required additional rations.

Cheers to the healing salve of friends. "Fear not, I'll save you!"

XOXO - oh and thanks for buffing the scuffs out of my stays

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Ummm :P:D:P

I am sure there is a story there. Perhaps more than one.

Story one - I took a flying face plant and was rescued from utter humiliation when Dutch flung himself on top of me while proclaiming "I'll save you!" Which saved my pride more than my flesh which is bruised and pinched. Thankfully my leather stays took the scratches as I slid across the concrete. Greg lovingly buffed them out for me.

Story 2 the following night his height obscured his view of a low lying bench, which inadvertently tripped him causing the same reaction a flying face plant (I have to admit in the pirate Olympic flying face plant challenge - it was a close call but I came in second - his drew blood) There were no visible scuffs to rub so I returned the kindness in rum.

I'd like to officially withdrawl from this event for next year, I am sad to regret I am passed my prime and need to retire from the sport.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Ummm :blink::ph34r::ph34r:

I am sure there is a story there. Perhaps more than one.

Story one - I took a flying face plant and was rescued from utter humiliation when Dutch flung himself on top of me while proclaiming "I'll save you!" Which saved my pride more than my flesh which is bruised and pinched. Thankfully my leather stays took the scratches as I slid across the concrete. Greg lovingly buffed them out for me.

Story 2 the following night his height obscured his view of a low lying bench, which inadvertently tripped him causing the same reaction a flying face plant (I have to admit in the pirate Olympic flying face plant challenge - it was a close call but I came in second - his drew blood) There were no visible scuffs to rub so I returned the kindness in rum.

I'd like to officially withdrawl from this event for next year, I am sad to regret I am passed my prime and need to retire from the sport.

the flying face plant seemed to be catching.....i too was TRIPPED by someone.....on one of the many ghost tours....and went carreening across the sallyport...tho i did not wipe out...luckily the far wall caught me head...and was able to right meself.....its ok...just my face...no harm done.... :ph34r:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Oi, Greg, chime in as soon as ye can, let us know ye made it home safe!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

the flying face plant seemed to be catching.....i too was TRIPPED by someone.....on one of the many ghost tours....and went carreening across the sallyport...tho i did not wipe out...luckily the far wall caught me head...and was able to right meself.....its ok...just my face...no harm done.... :D

Yes....he was tripped by a brute named MAdDogge......

....oh wait. :D

Banner.jpg