Pirate Petee

The Boots We Wear (On Bucket Boots)

482 posts in this topic

This thread has been going now for over 12 years, I think that has to be some kind of record. Petee deserves a medal. I need therapy.

I was looking through my shirt drawer and came across my old Pyracy.Com T-shirt i got from Stinky, thought i would take a look and see if Pyracy. Com was still afloat. To my surprise not only afloat but there was a crew aboard, a skeleton but there.  Couldn't believe my eyes, i was seeing posts dates with no year behind them. Hope no one has taken my hammock       

On 3/31/2018 at 11:58 AM, Silver said:

I was looking through my shirt drawer and came across my old Pyracy.Com T-shirt i got from Stinky, thought i would take a look and see if Pyracy. Com was still afloat. To my surprise not only afloat but there was a crew aboard, a skeleton but there.  Couldn't believe my eyes, i was seeing posts dates with no year behind them. Hope no one has taken my hammock       

Yep, it's just a bare bones crew while the pub is in ordinary, preparing to be broken up (yet somehow mercifully saved from the breaker's yard to date). I too still have that T-shirt and it's held up rather well.  Long live the Pyracy Pub!

Arrrgh!

I knew it! Horse riders! it's a landlubber thing, isn't it? 

Aye, Coastie. There's just a few of us who fancy this forum rather than the bombardment of chaos known as Facebook. 

18 hours ago, LadyBarbossa said:

I knew it! Horse riders! it's a landlubber thing, isn't it? 

Then begs the question of whether Condent's men wore bucket boots when riding the Portuguese monks.  Though I suppose the print of it shows shoes, so that's a joy kill...

This thread has covered such an interesting range of opinions, stronger opinions and even strong opinions. 

Also some historic citations. 

On 3/30/2018 at 5:31 PM, Fox said:

This thread has been going now for over 12 years, I think that has to be some kind of record. Petee deserves a medal. I need therapy.

Yes...